On the cusp of the Border War
✟2,181.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think he was spot on with his analysis of what black neighborhoods would be like without police efforts, though I doubt a lot of his black contemporaries will necessarily agree. This, however, was his best soundbite out of the interview: "I can’t believe anything I hear on television anymore. And, that’s why I don’t like talking about race issues with the media anymore, because they (the media) love this stuff, and lead people to jump to conclusions. The media shouldn’t do that. They never do that when black people kill each other."

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think he was spot on with his analysis of what black neighborhoods would be like without police efforts, though I doubt a lot of his black contemporaries will necessarily agree. This, however, was his best soundbite out of the interview: "I can’t believe anything I hear on television anymore. And, that’s why I don’t like talking about race issues with the media anymore, because they (the media) love this stuff, and lead people to jump to conclusions. The media shouldn’t do that. They never do that when black people kill each other."

He's very right about the media. Journalism is dead these days. We don't get the news anymore, we get editorialization for propaganda/entertainment purposes/bringing in cash money for the network.

Speaking of- go watch the old movie Network (1976) because it has never been more relevant.

Upvote 0