Challenge: Is Evolution REALLY a theory in crisis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Tell me you know nothing about science without telling me you know nothing about science.
I have read your post and agree with you.

That would be all the proof you need.
I don't agree but I was willing to play your game.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,949.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I have read your post and agree with you.

That would be all the proof you need.
I don't agree but I was willing to play your game.

Credit where it is due, you are the only one who has actually tried.

Upvote 0

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Credit where it is due, you are the only one who has actually tried.
I did not know this was a challenge.
That is a very hateful thing to do... couch a challenge as a question.
So now I know that you are an untrustworthy individual and I will keep that in mind in future.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,949.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I did not know this was a challenge.
That is a very hateful thing to do... couch a challenge as a question.
So now I know that you are an untrustworthy individual and I will keep that in mind in future.

It's not a challenge with the sense to see what is superior, not at all. It is a challenge to see if the question can actually be answered.

I think it's very rude of you to outright assume that I'm being hateful for asking a question simply because I used the word challenge.

• Winner
Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
It's not a challenge with the sense to see what is superior, not at all. It is a challenge to see if the question can actually be answered.

I think it's very rude of you to outright assume that I'm being hateful for asking a question simply because I used the word challenge.
A challenge is a challenge no matter the reason.
To try to hide behind "but I had a good reason" is dishonest in the extreme.
Please read carefully.
I did not say you ware being hateful.
And you were not simply asking a question.
You were asking a "gottcha".

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,949.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
A challenge is a challenge no matter the reason.
To try to hide behind "but I had a good reason" is dishonest in the extreme.
Please read carefully.
I did not say you ware being hateful.
And you were not simply asking a question.
You were asking a "gottcha".

No, yes, you are right. You used the word 'untrustworthy', which is not a word you can use when we've only interacted once. To say that I'm untrustworthy, right from the off, is just rude, along with calling me dishonest.

Challenge is a word with many definitions, and the context changes what challenge means. The challenge in this thread is to answer the question in the OP: show me how and/or why the theory of evolution is a 'theory in crisis'? That is a challenge, yes, but it is not argue as a gotcha or to say that the person is wrong. It's for the people making the claims that evolution is a theory in crisis to show their evidence to back up their claims.

Or, if you want to ignore that and continue to believe that I am a dishonest, untrustworthy person even though this is our first interaction with each other, then just put me on your Ignore list and never interact with me again. That's an option for you.

Upvote 0

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
No, yes, you are right. You used the word 'untrustworthy', which is not a word you can use when we've only interacted once. To say that I'm untrustworthy, right from the off, is just rude, along with calling me dishonest.

Challenge is a word with many definitions, and the context changes what challenge means. The challenge in this thread is to answer the question in the OP: show me how and/or why the theory of evolution is a 'theory in crisis'? That is a challenge, yes, but it is not argue as a gotcha or to say that the person is wrong. It's for the people making the claims that evolution is a theory in crisis to show their evidence to back up their claims.

Or, if you want to ignore that and continue to believe that I am a dishonest, untrustworthy person even though this is our first interaction with each other, then just put me on your Ignore list and never interact with me again. That's an option for you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,949.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Wow... you really do not understand me or my posts.
I never called you an enemy but you will not hear me.

First you called me untrustworthy, then you called me dishonest, and when I pointed out that if you didn't want to interact with me you could always put me on Ignore which means that unless you choose to, you'll never see a post from me again.
And then you respond with the trite and frankly idiotic idiom of "keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer'.

How else am I supposed to take your posts when you're going out of your way to insult me?

Upvote 0

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
First you called me untrustworthy, then you called me dishonest, and when I pointed out that if you didn't want to interact with me you could always put me on Ignore which means that unless you choose to, you'll never see a post from me again.
And then you respond with the trite and frankly idiotic idiom of "keep your friends close, but your enemies even closer'.

How else am I supposed to take your posts when you're going out of your way to insult me?
This is a standard emotional response that an evolutionist gets when faced with opposition that their soul knows it right.
Please try to come to grips with your emotional turmoil.

You could ask questions instead of jumping off an emotional cliff.
You could also begin with stating on which side of a debate you will take before attempting to slam someone making a legitimate argument.
You did not ask any questions to probe the veracity of my claims... only made your counter claims and then the "show my you know nothing..." statement what shows you dismissed me before any insult was offered to you. Which I have not done.

Youth is so impatient.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟350,949.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
This is a standard emotional response that an evolutionist gets when faced with opposition that their soul knows it right.
Please try to come to grips with your emotional turmoil.

You could ask questions instead of jumping off an emotional cliff.
You could also begin with stating on which side of a debate you will take before attempting to slam someone making a legitimate argument.
You did not ask any questions to probe the veracity of my claims... only made your counter claims and then the "show my you know nothing..." statement what shows you dismissed me before any insult was offered to you. Which I have not done.

Youth is so impatient.

You are just being rude now.

I believe that God used evolution, as is shown in His creation, to create the world that exists around us. The evidence from the earth, from His creation, shows that to be true, which is shown through the theory of evolution.

You're just in here being sanctimonious and rude for no reason and no sincere reason either. I saw no reason to probe the veracity of your claim because you said "that you don't have the reference at hand" which is immediately a red flag in situations like this, since it is akin to saying that you're pulling it from your backside. The rest of your claims about horse evolution are text book (ironically) claims by Creationists who think that they know better than scientists and thus also show that they know nothing since they don't understand their own claims. Your claims, which are claims about topics that easily researchable and readily available for anyone to see, do not lead me to believe that you know what you're talking about.
And it is NOT a legitimate argument, because it's not even an answer to my question.

Now, you did insult me. You called me 'untrustworthy' and 'dishonest'. Those are insults. Which were given after you responded to saying that me acceptance of the theory of evolution as science You called it an ideology, which is also against forum rules, which is an active insult.

So I'm going to be blunt: physician, heal thyself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dwb001

Balaam's Donkey
Aug 26, 2023
New Brunswick
✟10,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
No it's not. Not in the slightest.

I'm going to put you onto my Ignore list since I have no further desire or reason to interact with you.
Age was at one time synonymous with wisdom.
Now you say there is absolutely no connection.
Even the Bible shows that grey hair is synonymous with wisdom.
But sure... you do you my young padawan learner.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.