Looking Up:D
✟6,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was at someone else's home for a playdate for my daughter and was keeping the kids. I answered the door and there was a pleasant older gentelman with an ID card around his neck, notebook and a gps in hand. He asked the address and then said his name and that he was helping with the census. I said I can't answer for them he thanked me and left.

I thought nothing of it until I saw an article stating that the official US 10 year census is not to be taken till Next year. And the article went on to state that Obama is having this done unoffically a year ahead of time and has gps tracking to your door.

Does this seem rather odd to anyone else?

Last edited:

thriftyEvie

when your down,look up ^ :)
Feb 28, 2009
new york
✟20,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was at someone else's home for a playdate for my daughter and was keeping the kids. I answered the door and there was a pleasant older gentelman with an ID card around his neck, notebook and a gps in hand.
He asked the address and then said his name and that he was helping withe the census. I said I can't answer for them he thanked me and left.

I thought nothing of it until I saw an article stating that the official US 10 year census is not to be taken till Next year. And the article went on to state that Obama is having this done unoffically a year ahead of time and has gps tracking to your door.

Does this seem rather odd to anyone else?

sounds freaky to me

Upvote 0

GuidanceNeeded

“Seek peace, and pursue it. (Proverbs 34:14)”
Mar 26, 2009
✟8,766.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What is a little odd is that he walked away w/o a hassel.

The last time they did a census in my area (mind you I had NEVER heard of this before) I was like ummmm thank you but no and, yeah I was kind of read the riot act and was told I didn't have choice.

Upvote 0

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,310.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
What is a little odd is that he walked away w/o a hassel.

The last time they did a census in my area (mind you I had NEVER heard of this before) I was like ummmm thank you but no and, yeah I was kind of read the riot act and was told I didn't have choice.

If you'd never heard of the census before, you should sue your High School social studies teacher. It's mandated by Article 1, Section 2 of the US Constitution.

Upvote 0

Celticflower

charity crocheter
Feb 20, 2004
East Tenn.
✟9,279.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
We had someone stop here saying he was do the mapping for the census - had the gps thing and gave us a little notice about the census. Then he stopped a local cop and told him to check out our place because we had a lot of "stolen car parts" on our porch. What we have are items from my husband's MacTool distributorship, mostly larger broken items that were returned under warranty the DH hasn't had time to deal with yet. The cop got a kick out of it and then asked if he could stop by when DH is home to takl about buying some of the things - he likes to putter around fixing things in his spare time!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.