Censoring God: Why Is Science Establishment Threatened By Intelligent Design?

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Nightson said:
A single piece of evidence would help.....

And why are creationists so annoyed that evolution doesn't say anything about the origin of life?

Because evolution doesn't say anything about it. And wherever there is a gap in knowledge, Creationism tries to ooze in and fill it with their interpretation of God.

Upvote 0

futzman

Jul 26, 2005
✟771.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Libertarian
SackLunch said:
I think the larger question remains. Why should ID NOT be taught in the schools. I would EVEN go insofar as to separate out from the scientific cirriculum.

Fine. Then redirect your efforts to seeing that ID is taught in a theology class. I'm all behind you on this one.

SackLunch said:
But I would say, in my opinion, that a majority of Americans hold some belief in a higher power AND in a creator God.

So? That has absolutely nothing to do with science. What's your point? The majority of people in Haiti believe in Voodoo. Should Voodoo be taught in Haitian science classes?

SackLunch said:
And historically speaking, it is only in modern times that we see such a diversion from the spiritual realm in favor of science and humanism.

And your point is? Come on SackHunch, think hard. I know you can come up with an answer.

SackLunch said:
Having said this, I personally believe Bush's little stunt here is to take the heat off of the failing Iraq war and off the subject of Plamegate/Karl Rove. I REALLY don't think the man even cares one way or the other.

Huh? Are you taking medication? What's your point? I'm guessing there is no point, you're just enamored with your own voice. Remember SackHunch, it's better to leave your mouth shut and be thought a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

By the way, what about those 4400 genera of brachiopods God didn't care for?

Futz

Upvote 0

Scell

Jul 14, 2005
PA
✟15,476.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bible Defender said:
We're not going to let evolutionists walk all over us when their theory is in direct conflict with the fact of intelligent design. I don't want school children being fed misinformation.

Haven't read the whole thread yet, but wanted to reply to this...

I could say :

"We're not going to let creationists walk all over us when their theory is in direct conflict with the fact(s) of science. I don't want school children being fed misinformation."

and it would be MUCH more accurate :)

Upvote 0

Scell

Jul 14, 2005
PA
✟15,476.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bible Defender said:
If evolution were true, we would find a plethora of transitional forms. Right now they only have a few "transitions" that are quite a stretch.

Evolution cannot explain human consciousness, human altruism, or the reasoning power of the human brain.

Late in replying...still working thru the thread, but anyway...

Showing your lack of understanding on evolution. ("Where are the half-man half-apes??")

I agree that nothing can easily explain human consciousness, human altruism, or the reasoning power of the human brain...and most certainly the men from 1900 years ago that wrote the bible can not.

Upvote 0

Mr. QWERTY

Jul 21, 2005
✟8,605.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
SackLunch said:
I agree that perhaps ID does not belong in a science curriculum. But I think science curriculums SHOULD at least mention creationism (maybe even for one day or one hour) and discuss it as an alternative viewpoint to evolution. And even if ID was taught as part of social studies - or cultural studies - well okay, I'll settle for that.

I also think that churches should teach people ID. Unfortunately it looks like that won't happen soon though.

This is the equal time argument. Would you agree that churches should also teach evolution? After all, it is an alternative viewpoint.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Mr. QWERTY said:
This is the equal time argument. Would you agree that churches should also teach evolution? After all, it is an alternative viewpoint.
Ah, but schools are about educating people and teaching them how to think for themselves. Churches are about indoctrinating people and teaching them how not to think for themselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums