johnbergsing

May 27, 2013
Visit site
✟15,157.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I recently found out a close friend of mine who is a Christian and a gun owner has been carrying his legally (concealed) pistol to church for years. No one but me and his wife know. I've known him for years and we share many ideas as far as our Christianity, families and, yes, guns. I guess I just never thought about it before. I know he carries. I've thought about it but just haven't up to this point. Thinking about some of the crazy thins that have made the news in recent years, though, has made me start thinking about it.

I was wondering what some of you think about members of your churches legally carrying concealed weapons to church?

Sent from my iPad so, please, forgive the typos!

hmw

Aug 2, 2010
Brisbane
✟15,749.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It wouldn't worry me either (although we never see or hear of it in Australia anyway).
Unfortunately, here in Australia, the mainstream media and our politicians have generated a paranoia about guns so many people here would be concerned about anyone carrying a gun.

Although we have strict gun laws here, these laws failed to do anything to make society any safer.

Upvote 0
Jan 4, 2012
Florida
✟15,228.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Many, many years ago, I attended a Messianic Jewish synagogue. Neo - nazis spray painted a hakenkreuz ( ignorantly called a swastika) on the walls, smashed some windows, and made threats of attacking the little children while in their classes. While the police did investigate, nothing was done. The congregation discreetly armed itself, and we had men of the congregation volunteer to guard the classes, hallways, and patrol the perimeter while the people were in attendance. The nazis wisely never chose to test our resolve. +CK+

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

PastorTeacher

Nov 3, 2012
Bluffton, Indiana
✟15,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Many, many years ago, I attended a Messianic Jewish synagogue. Neo - nazis spray painted a hakenkreuz ( ignorantly called a swastika) on the walls, smashed some windows, and made threats of attacking the little children while in their classes. While the police did investigate, nothing was done. The congregation discreetly armed itself, and we had men of the congregation volunteer to guard the classes, hallways, and patrol the perimeter while the people were in attendance. The nazis wisely never chose to test our resolve. +CK+

Some just don't know how to let WWII and Nazi Germany go (both Jew and Skinheads). If your in the US I wouldn't worry about the "Nazi's" here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jan 4, 2012
Florida
✟15,228.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Some just don't know how to let WWII and Nazi Germany go (both Jew and Skinheads). If your in the US I wouldn't worry about the "Nazi's" here.

REALLY!? The Jews just need to GET OVER the holocaust? Amazing. +CK+

Attachments

• holocaust-concentration-camp-dachau-sign.jpg
    holocaust-concentration-camp-dachau-sign.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 49
  • holocaust.jpg
    holocaust.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 48
Upvote 0
H

Hinton90

I'm all for people to carry ANYWHERE.

This all the way.

Our freedoms have been restricted so much that having guns is the only thing we have that can allow us to overthrow our government if they do something radical like mass enslavement. It's in the constitution.

The things on the news are sometimes absurdly in the direction of against guns because it's an agenda. You see all these "shootings" in spurts. Be careful with the news, I'd suggest avoiding it all together, the darkness involved goes much deeper than you can possibly think.

Upvote 0

CityOfGod

Nov 26, 2012
✟1,169.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
On the downside there are some risks that come with carrying a weapon. I heard a story on Fox News about an off duty officer who carried his concealed weapon to a birthday party. The birthday girl gave him a hug and the gun accidentally discharged, killing her.

Upvote 0

rgleason

Dec 31, 2005
Jacksonville FL
✟8,033.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
DETROIT — The death of a woman shot in the chest after she hugged an off-duty police officer from behind during a party is a tragic, unfathomable accident, Detroit's police chief said Monday.

Adaisha Miller was dancing and celebrating what would have been her 25th birthday the next day, when she hugged the officer from behind during a party Sunday, her mother and authorities said. She died later of gunshot wounds to the chest.
Police Chief Ralph Godbee told reporters at a news conference her death is an "unfathomable" accident and the officer is "very remorseful."
"We are profoundly sad at their loss," he said, referring to Miller's family.
Godbee said the gun was in a waist holster made of soft material, which would have allowed the trigger to be activated. He said there's no evidence the officer fired the gun, and he believes the gun discharged after Miller hugged the officer from behind during a party at the officer's home.
"There was some manipulation along the officer's waistline (that) he did not control," Godbee told reporters.
The officer, whose name was not released, is on desk duty while the case is fully investigated. Police union lawyer John Goldpaugh said the officer didn't know Miller.
"This was just a freak accident," Goldpaugh told the Detroit Free Press. "They were having a party and the next thing, a woman is dead. He's devastated by what happened."
Police said previously that the bullet punctured Miller's lung and hit her heart, and she died at a hospital.
Her mother, Yolanda McNair, said the shooting never should have happened.
"All she wanted to do was enjoy the weekend for her birthday," McNair told WDIV-TV. "She had every right to enjoy turning 25 and look beyond that."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I recently found out a close friend of mine who is a Christian and a gun owner has been carrying his legally (concealed) pistol to church for years. No one but me and his wife know. I've known him for years and we share many ideas as far as our Christianity, families and, yes, guns. I guess I just never thought about it before. I know he carries. I've thought about it but just haven't up to this point. Thinking about some of the crazy thins that have made the news in recent years, though, has made me start thinking about it.

I was wondering what some of you think about members of your churches legally carrying concealed weapons to church?

It would depend on who was carrying . There are a lot of crazy people in christian groups , as well . As lon as the person was well-balanced and easy going , it would be fine .

Upvote 0

PastorTeacher

Nov 3, 2012
Bluffton, Indiana
✟15,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
REALLY!? The Jews just need to GET OVER the holocaust? Amazing. +CK+

I don't know why your surprised. But yes, everyone should get over it. It's been how many years? While it was a horrific thing what's the point of constantly talking about it? It happened get over it already. How can one move on when they are busy crying about the past?

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On the downside there are some risks that come with carrying a weapon. I heard a story on Fox News about an off duty officer who carried his concealed weapon to a birthday party. The birthday girl gave him a hug and the gun accidentally discharged, killing her.

Like the story says, it was a freak accident. Cheap holsters and Glocks (in this case, a S&W M&P, which is a Glock clone) do not mix well. You spend $500-1000 on a carry gun and you put it in a $20 Uncle Mikes generic-sized holster. Very dumb!

You're right. There are always risks to every thing we do. Carrying a gun is a huge responsibility and is not for the casual shooter or a person who doesn't have the mindset or ability to make life-or-death decisions quickly.

I always cringe when I'm in a gun store and see someone walk up to the counter and say, "I just got my permit and now I need a gun to carry. I really don't know much. What do you recommend?"

My only hope is that they discover that carrying a gun is uncomfortable and a nuisance and they give it up after a couple days.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MagicSabbath

Here For The Ride
May 16, 2013
✟423.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-NDP

It's never been an issue before. If a police detective attended church and carried his or her concealed weapon into the sanctuary, would you worry?

Your friend is a responsible gun owner. Consider him a shepherd of a flock in a world where crazed gunmen tally innocent victims because no one is armed so as to stop them.

Upvote 0
H

Hinton90

If only you knew how much us having guns is saving our rights right now.

If only you knew how much our rights would be stomped on if we didn't have a means of self defense.

It's kind of like a nuclear weapon, they never really get used but they are a deterrent for countries invading other countries. We can't just invade China because they have thousands of nukes. We can't just invade Russia because they have thousands of nukes. Vice versa.

Us having the right to have guns is a deterrent to something more sinister than you can imagine. On paper, guns are terrible, I wish ALL guns were destroyed, then at least people could defend themselves with armor, sword, and shield. But the simple fact is, get rid of the guns that the people have and the government will have complete and utter control without any possible resistance.

If only you knew who was in control of our government and what they're capable of, and how little they care about you and I.

Upvote 0