Catholics for a Free Choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

WordofGod

True LOVE never Fails and Casts out fear.
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2006
The best country in the world.
✟62,459.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I just learned about this organization and was surprised to find its funded by a Jewish fellow. Has the Church distanced itself and rightfully condemned this abomination?

I am not aware of what this group represents, are you?

Upvote 0

ProCommunioneFacior

I'm an ultra-traditionalist, run for your life ;)
Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Catholics For Free Choice, is a joke of an organization, whose members I have known to been excommunicated in at least one Diocese (Diocese of Lincoln by Bishop Bruskewitz), I do not know if they have been canonically punished outside of the Diocese of Lincoln.

The people within that organization that does a disservice to the name Catholic are lost and they need our prayers, may they return to the Church and Her teachings.

Upvote 0

ProCommunioneFacior

I'm an ultra-traditionalist, run for your life ;)
Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am not aware of what this group represents, are you?

Well, they actively promote abortion and they regularly make public their dissent against the Church on issues such as abortion, euthanasia, contraception, priesthood, among other things.

Upvote 0

Metanoia02

Owner of the invisible &a mp;
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟20,203.00
Faith
Catholic
Well, they actively promote abortion and they regularly make public their dissent against the Church on issues such as abortion, euthanasia, contraception, priesthood, among other things.
.....gay rights....same sex marriage....adoption by gay couples.....stemcell research.....

If the Church takes a stand on something, you can bet these folk will be on the other side. They are a Gumbo of seething resentment against the authority of the Church

Upvote 0

WordofGod

Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2006
✟62,459.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I am still not totally aware of what this group promotes but to talk outside of it I could say this:

God is for free will and some may consider this the choice that they are Pro-for but God does tell us what to chose and that is blessing and life.:crossrc:

Upvote 0

NiteClerk

Site Supporter
Nov 30, 2005
there
✟49,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They are not Catholic in any way. Google their name & look at some of the links. Here are two:

http://www.catholicleague.org/cffc.htm

and

http://www.dianedew.com/CFFC.htm

From the first: "CFFC was founded in 1973, setting up shop in the headquarters of New York’s Planned Parenthood office building".

"“I spent twenty years looking for a government that I could overthrow without being thrown in jail. I finally found one in the Catholic church.” That is how Frances Kissling, the president of Catholics for a Free Choice (CFFC), explained her mission... "

"It has been openly denounced by both the Vatican and the U.S. bishops as being a fraud, and it has no members. Funded almost entirely by pro-choice foundations, ..."

And the second gives a list of who supports them.

Again, other than using the word Catholic in their name, they are not connected in any way with the OTC.

Upvote 0

princess_ballet

Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Michigan
✟16,089.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
.....gay rights....same sex marriage....adoption by gay couples.....stemcell research.....

If the Church takes a stand on something, you can bet these folk will be on the other side. They are a Gumbo of seething resentment against the authority of the Church

Then why claim to be Catholic? :scratch:

Upvote 0

WordofGod

Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2006
✟62,459.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

If what you have stated is true than I'm not supprised that a church official has publicly denouced them. It is another evil tactic to misrepresent the truth. Just look at the ACLU, it is my opinion that they only wish to liberate America from the truth, the life and the way.:crossrc:

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I just learned about this organization and was surprised to find its funded by a Jewish fellow. Has the Church distanced itself and rightfully condemned this abomination?

Details on financial backers of Catholics for a Free Choice are here:

http://www.discoverthenetwork.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=6908

The individual most mentioned as a sponsor of CFFC is George Soros. His parents were Jewish but I believe he describes himself as an atheist. As several other foundations as well as Soros fund CFFC is it possible there are others backers who are not Christians.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

princess_ballet

Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Michigan
✟16,089.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
George Soros? Doesn't surprise me. :sigh:

Our friend William Donohue of the Catholic League had some choice words for Mr. Soros:
“The PAC arm of MoveOn.org, the Internet-based organization funded by George Soros, made a despicable statement on its website yesterday against the pope and American Roman Catholics (it has since been removed). As part of its campaign protesting Republican efforts to change the filibuster rules governing federal court appointees, MoveOnPac.org posted a picture of a smiling Pope Benedict XVI holding a gavel outside the U.S. Supreme Court. Above the picture was the following inscription:

God Already has a Job.…

He does not need one on the Supreme Court
Protect the Supreme Court Rules

“So this is the way George Soros operates. Of all the anti-Catholic canards ever expounded in American history, none is more infamous than the one that accuses the Vatican of steering U.S. public policy . . .

continued here

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

According to Human Life intrnl...Catholics for a free choice are excommunicated nuns and such who make pamphlets for 'confused' Catholics who struggle in the choice to have abortions....making an appeal to them that they are not killing a child.

From what I can recall....[its been 13 plus years...:sorry: ]
This group was started by 'nuns' who left the Church or were removed because of their open stance on the option to have abortions.

Nope...NOT Catholic. But they make themselves out to be. :sick:

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We shouldn't be distressed over this. There will always be people who openly defy the Church; this is nothing new. The gates of Hell will never prevail...

Entirely correct of course.

The danger is not so much to the faithful, it is to those outside the church. CFFF gives the world (it has a branch in South America: Católicas por el Derecho a Decidir) the impression the church equivicates on abortion. I know this from my own experience as a non-Catholic. I'm in New England. All my life I've seen the media give Catholic politicians and other Catholic public figures who disagreed with the church glowing reviews. I didn't know any priests. I didn't go to mass. I never met or read about the other side, the true side. I assumed Catholicism was headed where my Protestant church had gone, into the acceptance of, while not everything my church did, many of the destructive social positions which dominate the popular culture.

I'm not critizing the church. This is the fault of me for not paying closer attention, those who directly contradict church teachings while proclaiming their Catholic faith (as the president of CFFC does) and the media which treats them are heros and heroines.

Because of this, the church loses those who are this close to accepting the faith. These people are unhappy with the Culture of Death they see moving into their church and into the culture. They know Rome has the principles it does. But then they see well funded, well liked by the media indivuals such as Frances Kissling, the president of CFFC and they think, "Oh well...its just like what I am going through now....why bother looking into it. I'll only be disappointed all over again."

The main point of CFFC is not to turn faithful Catholics away from the faith but to turn everyone else away from Catholicism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Anyone can proclaim to be what they want to proclaim to be. They can say that they are a voice of opposition in the Church if they wish. And it sounds like some people are, unfortunately, listening.

So it is. It's a shame, but there it is. I, in the meantime, will not be joining this organization of Catholics for a Free Choice, not on my life.

Upvote 0

QuantaCura

Rejoice always.
Aug 17, 2005
✟21,762.00
Faith
Catholic
“So this is the way George Soros operates. Of all the anti-Catholic canards ever expounded in American history, none is more infamous than the one that accuses the Vatican of steering U.S. public policy . . .

I personally don't think I would really complain if that were actually true :D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.