Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I am not a Catholic nor would I recommend the Catholic church to a friend, however, there is something the Catholic church has that most Protestant churches do not have and that is an atmosphere of "holy worship" to a holy God. I am sick and tired of visiting modern churches where the worship service is more of stage show than worship to God. For many years I have looked for and longed for a church that combined the atmosphere of a Catholic church with a true, Bible-based foundation. Anyone know of such a church? Hope I'm not offending any Catholics here. There is a reason some of us are called Protestants (we "protest" many of the teachings of the Catholic church).

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Catholic here, too tired to get into argument about the biblical foundation of Mass but take a look at High Church Anglicanism. You probably wouldn't like the Episcopal church but Continuing Anglican bodies might suit you.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,274,460.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Catholic here, too tired to get into argument about the biblical foundation of Mass but take a look at High Church Anglicanism. You probably wouldn't like the Episcopal church but Continuing Anglican bodies might suit you.
Right and High Church Lutheran also :)

Upvote 0
May 31, 2013
Northeast
✟25,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am not a Catholic nor would I recommend the Catholic church to a friend, however, there is something the Catholic church has that most Protestant churches do not have and that is an atmosphere of "holy worship" to a holy God. I am sick and tired of visiting modern churches where the worship service is more of stage show than worship to God. For many years I have looked for and longed for a church that combined the atmosphere of a Catholic church with a true, Bible-based foundation. Anyone know of such a church? Hope I'm not offending any Catholics here. There is a reason some of us are called Protestants (we "protest" many of the teachings of the Catholic church).
Another vote for Lutheran. I did a year and a half at one (bass guitar & vocals). No lights, very quiet sound system, very quiet band, drums behind a shield and NOT mic'd and the drummer used quiet sticks almost like brushes. The church had the band stuffed into a corner of the sanctuary so it was barely visible. No stage. No movement at all by the performers. And the music was old: dated songs by Tomlin, Hillsong, Baloche, and so forth. I guess the best way to describe the musical experience was "low-impact." The congregation's median age was 50+.

Also, that band would play only every other week at most. That was called "contemporary worship," which was stretching the definition. It was extremely reserved in feel, execution, and volume. The alternate weeks were a guy on a big Hammond (or similar) organ, which they called traditional worship. Sometimes the church would do what they called a "blended" worship where the guy on the organ would do one song, then the band would do the next, and alternate back & forth. Funny thing was, the organ was louder in the room than the band was. That's how small the band's sound system was.

Upvote 0

Gentlemantech48

Experienced Christian
Apr 11, 2010
Spokane, Washington
✟10,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Another vote for Lutheran. I did a year and a half at one (bass guitar & vocals). No lights, very quiet sound system, very quiet band, drums behind a shield and NOT mic'd and the drummer used quiet sticks almost like brushes. The church had the band stuffed into a corner of the sanctuary so it was barely visible. No stage. No movement at all by the performers. And the music was old: dated songs by Tomlin, Hillsong, Baloche, and so forth. I guess the best way to describe the musical experience was "low-impact." The congregation's median age was 50+.

Also, that band would play only every other week at most. That was called "contemporary worship," which was stretching the definition. It was extremely reserved in feel, execution, and volume. The alternate weeks were a guy on a big Hammond (or similar) organ, which they called traditional worship. Sometimes the church would do what they called a "blended" worship where the guy on the organ would do one song, then the band would do the next, and alternate back & forth. Funny thing was, the organ was louder in the room than the band was. That's how small the band's sound system was.
Interesting. Maybe I should give some Lutheran churches a visit.

Upvote 0
Feb 3, 2016
Northern Idaho
✟6,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Start calling around or email your local churches and ask what kind of worship music they use. If they're contemporary, or do they sing traditional hymns.

That is the only thing I miss about the Independent Fundamental Baptist church....they sang traditional hymns with just piano and organ; sometimes a guitar, if played in a nice, classical style.

Upvote 0

SwordmanJr

Double-edged Sword only
Nov 11, 2014
Oklahoma City
✟43,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Why not simply worship in the manner Jesus instructed? He told the Samaritan woman at the well the day was coming that men would no longer worship in mountains or at temples, but would do so in spirit and in truth. That, my friend, speaks to a way of life lived out on a daily basis, not something one does at a liturgical show with people flipping on their "worship motor" with a switch. Love on the Lord every moment of every day, and He will show you what worship is acceptable before Him.

All that other religious stuff is....well, stuff. It makes many people feel good, but worshiping the Lord with your all is what pleases Him the most.

Jr
https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Ffourwindsangels%2Fspiritual-adventure

Upvote 0