United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Screenshot-2023-08-31-at-9.39.13-AM-444x1024.png

Catholic World Report interviewed me about “Genesis, A Bible Study Guide and Commentary” asking some of the most common questions. I was very pleased with the results.

You can read the article here or by clicking on the image.

Sample questions and answers:

CWR:
Are there common misunderstandings or misrepresentations about Genesis that you address?

Steve Ray: Two main misunderstandings in particular. First, that Genesis is just a myth and is really not relevant to our modern world. We have moved, we are told, beyond the need for a “fairy tale”. Or we hear that God does not exist and Genesis consists of irrelevant stories of others’ religious experiences that have no importance now that science has moved us beyond needing such myths. This all is addressed in the first chapters of my book.
The second is that the Old Testament is not necessary now that we have the New Testament; and, furthermore, Genesis and the rest of the Old Testament is hard to understand, and is like slogging through a historical swamp. I think that anyone who reads my book on Genesis will realize the beauty of the words and the rich, exciting storyline, which is explained in a very personal and easy-to-understand way. It reads like a novel and is easily accessible and thrilling to the scholar and first-timer alike. I have had people say they were engrossed in the story and simply couldn’t put it down.

CWR: How did filming and producing your Footsteps of God series help or inform you on this project?

Continued below.