Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
None. If we did they would close the thread

I'm ambassador so agreeing with you to loudly would put me in a bad light with staff, but it's hard not to sometimes...

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I think that as long as we're stuck together with people we (honestly) consider dissidents nothing is going to improve.

To have pro female clergy folks pushing their ideology on people mourning the loss of Tradionalism in the church will be the end of Catholicism at CF in the long run.

Devout Catholics will all leave at some point, G-d knows I have...

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
A forum for Trads could be the start of a revitalisation of catholicism in its orthodox glory.

I have to admit that if the proposal of a Traditional forum is turned down I'll have to think long and hard about leaving this place.
If we're not allowed ONE subforum while liberals are to have THREE (TLT - Charismatic Catholics - OBOB) then I'm unsure if I'll continue my participation at CF.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have to admit that if the proposal of a Traditional forum is turned down I'll have to think long and hard about leaving this place.
If we're not allowed ONE subforum while liberals are to have THREE (TLT - Charismatic Catholics - OBOB) then I'm unsure if I'll continue my participation at CF.

that is a great way to put it
but OBOB is for ALL Catholics

but Charismatic Catholic can be seen as a theological innovation and thus liberal in a classical sense

Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The problem lies (in OBOB) that when Catholic positions are talked about the same ones who claim to be Catholic either come out against it or blast the OP. Take the Abortion thread the LWU has posted about what the Church says the same ones who always come against the Church say they are Catholic in their profile and they come against the Church it in such a sneaky way so as not to be reported but we all can see they are coming against Church doctrine and dogma. It gets frustrating when they are supposed to be Catholic and will not support the Church at all

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I may be dense here but I don't get it. What can be discussed in the Traditional forum besides OBOB stuff, seems like with the rules David set out we are just OBOB lite.
smiley-confused004.gif

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I may be dense here but I don't get it. What can be discussed in the Traditional forum besides OBOB stuff, seems like with the rules David set out we are just OBOB lite.
smiley-confused004.gif

we will still have to follow the rules
but like TLT, it will be more open to questions and struggles
but it will be geared towards those who are more traditionalist
I am not sure what it will be like, just like TLT it will take some time to figure out what it is?

we need to start thinking of names

how about St.Peter's Bark?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
but like TLT, it will be more open to questions and struggles

Yea and TLT bad mouths OBOB, I trust the Traditional forum not to do that because of who they are but TLT will bad mouth the Traditional Forum too and get away with it and we'll be told you got to accept or else like we have to in OBOB

Upvote 0