Catholic The View host Sunny Hostin gets into a bitter on-air battle with Sara Haines over Alabama Supreme Court's frozen embryo ruling

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The View's Sunny Hostin clashed with her co-host Sara Haines during Tuesday's episode of the ABC show as the panel discussed the Alabama's Supreme Court's ruling that frozen embryos are children.

Sunny, 55, who conceived her two children using IVF, admitted that she fully supports the court's landmark decision, and argued that an embryo is an 'unborn child' and claimed it is 'certainly more than just an egg and a sperm separated'.

However, mother-of-three Sara completely disagreed and argued 'if you put a little embryo out into the world, it's not viable on any level' - and also suggested that the courts should 'go after IVF as the rich person's abortion'.

The ruling in question came about from a lawsuit which was brought by a group of IVF patients whose frozen embryos were destroyed in December 2020 when a patient removed them from a cryogenic storage unit and accidentally dropped them on the ground.

Continued below.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Alabama’s Supreme Court has ruled that frozen embryos are people, the first time a court has ever given rights and protections so early after conception.

The ruling is limited to Alabama, but it has far-reaching potential and seems poised to open a new front in the fight over reproductive rights in the country.

Alabama has one of the strictest abortion laws in the nation, and advocates and legal experts worry it could show a path forward for the “personhood” movement in other conservative states.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Out of curiousity I wonder,....

Is Walt Disney currently considered a person and does he have all the rights of a typical person?
This is a Catholic sub forum

He has passed through judgement. He is either in heaven, hell, or purgatory. You can always pray for him.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
This is a Catholic sub forum

He has passed through judgement. He is either in heaven, hell, or purgatory. You can always pray for him.
Oh shoot! I apologize! I didn't notice the Catholic

[shyly slinks away] Sorry folks

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
'An embryo is the beginning of human life,' lawyer Sunny, 55, fumed, as she referred to the conception of her two children, Gabriel and Paloma, via IVF, but mother-of-three Sara was having none of it and fired back that an embryo was 'not a child.'

At one point, Ana Navarro joined in on the conversation and reminded Catholic Sunny 'the church that you're a member of is against IVF,' and then shouted: 'Let me finish,' as the lawyer attempted to interrupt her mid-sentence.

Continued below.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
'An embryo is the beginning of human life,' lawyer Sunny, 55, fumed, as she referred to the conception of her two children, Gabriel and Paloma, via IVF, but mother-of-three Sara was having none of it and fired back that an embryo was 'not a child.'

At one point, Ana Navarro joined in on the conversation and reminded Catholic Sunny 'the church that you're a member of is against IVF,' and then shouted: 'Let me finish,' as the lawyer attempted to interrupt her mid-sentence.

Continued below.
Many members of the view are anti-Catholic. That is no surprise.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0