Midwest
✟157,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever heard of this? It’s part of the archdiocese of St. Louis, though there may be similar movements in other cities.
ive been having some personal problems and talked with my priest today. He suggested what I thought was just a connection to somebody to pray for me. Upon researching it somewhat it seems to be a charismaric thing. I made the mistake of giving these people my email but now don’t want to become involved In this.

I took a Life in the Spirit class once and it’s just not my cuppa. is Catholicism charismatic? Or can you be Catholic and non-charismatic? If you’re charismatic I don’t mean to offend but I don’t care for it.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I’m not sure what your definition of charismatic is but there is those within the Church that are part of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal and still union with the Church. The majority of lay people are not part of the group.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I’m not sure what your definition of charismatic is but there is those within the Church that are part of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal and still union with the Church. The majority of lay people are not part of the group. When I think of charismatic I think of it being like Pentecostal, speaking in tongues Etc.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They believe in the gifts of the Spirit but I would not compare them to Pentecostals. My suggestion is research CCR. As I said, the majority are not involved with CCR. So of course Catholics can not be Charismatic thinking in those sort of terms.

Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟157,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They believe in the gifts of the Spirit but I would not compare them to Pentecostals. My suggestion is research CCR. As I said, the majority are not involved with CCR. So of course Catholics can not be Charismatic thinking in those sort of terms.

The majority of Catholics aren’t involved in CCR, you mean?

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can definitely join if you are interested in it. I knew a late woman, who was once a postulant at a monastery, was very involved with Charismatic renewal.
She is not interested. Read the op. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums