Not open for further replies.

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
It's a con game dressed up as a religion. I read a while ago the Germans were in the process of revoking its status as a religion and a few other EU states were going to follow suit. Good for them.

Yes, but where is the Pontifical address on the issue?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skripper

Legend
Jul 22, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟30,691.00
Faith
Catholic
As I said, I'm not aware of there being anything from the Pope or the Church addressing this. Again, why would there be? After all, the Catholic Church isn't in the business of making statements about/addressing every single "church" and/or denomination. That's not the function of the Church.

Upvote 0

drpepper101

Feb 27, 2006
✟8,748.00
Faith
Catholic
Yes, but where is the Pontifical address on the issue?

I'm sure the holy father has better things to do than address Scientology. If the Pope had to address every heretical group that popped up in North America he wouldn't have time to do anything else. You won't find an official statement on the Mormons, one of the bigger groups, beyond stating that their baptisms are not valid.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Then what's this OBOB thread I recollect in memory about the "Vatican makes sweeping condemnations" . . . ?

What exactly did the Vatican condemn? My memory is precise.
Well, that probably came from the New York Times or some such similar rag, with a lead in like that.

Upvote 0

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
As I said, I'm not aware of there being anything from the Pope or the Church addressing this. Again, why would there be? After all, the Catholic Church isn't in the business of making statements about addressing every single "church" and/or denomination. That's not the function of the Church.

What is the function of the Church?

Upvote 0

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
There is none. If the Vatican commented on every crazy American novelty, there wouldn't be any trees left for more important things - like smores.

There is a science involved in making s'mores.

Heat,graham crackers and choco-marshmellows.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.