Catholic Priest nominated for Nobel Peace Prize!

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,298,066.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I thought this might be of interest

Catholic missionary priest nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
<<
Rome Newsroom, Feb 11, 2021 / 12:00 pm MT (CNA).- A Catholic missionary priest in Madagascar known for serving the poor living on a landfill has been nominated for this year’s Nobel Peace Prize.

Fr. Pedro Opeka, 72, is a Vincentian priest from Argentina who has worked with the poor in Madagascar for more than three decades. He founded the Akamasoa humanitarian association in 1989 as a “solidarity movement to help the poorest of the poor” living on the site of a garbage dump.

Janez Janša, the Prime Minister of Slovenia, has announced that he nominated Opeka for the 2021 Nobel Peace Prize for his dedication to “helping people living in appalling living conditions.” ............ >>

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I thought this might be of interest

Catholic missionary priest nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
<<
Rome Newsroom, Feb 11, 2021 / 12:00 pm MT (CNA).- A Catholic missionary priest in Madagascar known for serving the poor living on a landfill has been nominated for this year’s Nobel Peace Prize.

Fr. Pedro Opeka, 72, is a Vincentian priest from Argentina who has worked with the poor in Madagascar for more than three decades. He founded the Akamasoa humanitarian association in 1989 as a “solidarity movement to help the poorest of the poor” living on the site of a garbage dump.

Janez Janša, the Prime Minister of Slovenia, has announced that he nominated Opeka for the 2021 Nobel Peace Prize for his dedication to “helping people living in appalling living conditions.” ............ >>
I think Biden's gonna get it. For the same reason Obama got it.

But this priest seems like a good candidate in a rational world.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I think Biden's gonna get it. For the same reason Obama got it.

But this priest seems like a good candidate in a rational world.

In the rational world, yes. Lol, I still remember when Barack Obama got it due to his promises - promises yet to be fulfilled... Sigh!
Sometimes I'm ashamed of being Norwegian! What an embarrasment!

Obama and the EU was about equally ridiculous picks IMO.

Upvote 0