May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought I might start a thread where we can share some of our joys, and struggles, in one place.

Easter is coming up! My husband has allowed us to go to Mass on Easter, which makes me so happy! The Bishop will be there, so that'll be awesome. And a huge crowd, too. I'm looking forward to it. Haven't been to any church in a while, so having the chance to go to Mass will be awesome.

My mom's not doing too great... Please, pray that she could keep her eyes on Jesus, and have some peace, and joy. My brother passed away in November, and it's been incredibly hard on her. I think she blames herself, but it's absolutely not her fault. She's an amazing mother, and did everything she could to help George. Everything. Please, keep her and him in your prayers.

Thank you! What is going on in everyone else's lives?

Last edited:

Glaucus

The Lay Monk
Nov 25, 2017
The Water
✟45,885.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my Christian walk, my greatest struggle is sadness where there should be joy. That isn't to say that I don't feel joy and see good, but just as often I feel so sad because of the sin of the world. Everywhere I look I see the hatred of God and neighbor and self, and it hurts my soul. It wouldn't be far fetched to say that it leads me to judgement of others, to my great shame.

Upvote 0

The Grouch

Oct 20, 2017
England
✟40,747.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In my Christian walk, my greatest struggle is sadness where there should be joy. That isn't to say that I don't feel joy and see good, but just as often I feel so sad because of the sin of the world. Everywhere I look I see the hatred of God and neighbor and self, and it hurts my soul. It wouldn't be far fetched to say that it leads me to judgement of others, to my great shame.

Yes i agre its very painful to see the wickedness of man and to know that i share some of that responsibilty. It often brings great sadness but equally i find great joy in the beauty of creation every now and then i will escape the ugliness of our human society and go to the lake district in the uk a place of outstanding natural beauty the mountains make you feel so small and insignificant where you can lose yourself they act like a sheild against the noise and ugliness of humanity big and overarching cocooned in their embrace like a child in the arms of god, the rivers flow bringing life and movement to the scene like the holy spirit moving through the vales the grass and trees bursting with colour like the radience of christ the birds soar in the sky like the saints of heaven and their song like the quires of angels the gentle warm breeze that kisses your face reminding you of Gods love in all an awsome scene and flood of emotion that makes your heart proclaim.. how great thou art

A poam inspired by the lake distric by william wordsworth

I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud
BY WILLIAM WORDSWORTH

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
A poet could not but be gay,
In such a jocund company:
I gazed—and gazed—but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I was just bombarded with very bad temptations this morning, they have subsided now, but they were really rough, and I'm still recovering, I'd like to stay and discuss things, but I have to go out now, briefly.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I was just bombarded with very bad temptations this morning, they have subsided now, but they were really rough, and I'm still recovering, I'd like to stay and discuss things, but I have to go out now, briefly.
I am struggle a lot with the thoughts I had this morning, as well as the thoughts I had the previous days this week. I can't gain access to a priest until after Triduum, and I'm scared to death of committing sacrilegious Holy Communion. I know that if I don't know whether or not I'm in a state of mortal sin, I should go up and receive Holy Communion anyway, but I'm just worried of whether or not my conscience is properly formed, and whether or not it's really my conscience I'm listening to, or just my emotions.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

SaNcTaMaRiA

I am a man...who loves our Lady!
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Iowa
✟169,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am struggle a lot with the thoughts I had this morning, as well as the thoughts I had the previous days this week. I can't gain access to a priest until after Triduum, and I'm scared to death of committing sacrilegious Holy Communion. I know that if I don't know whether or not I'm in a state of mortal sin, I should go up and receive Holy Communion anyway, but I'm just worried of whether or not my conscience is properly formed, and whether or not it's really my conscience I'm listening to, or just my emotions.

If you're not sure you are in mortal sin then you shouldn't worry. Also, if you can't access a priest for confession until after Easter but you intend to confess as soon as possible then you are also fine.

Upvote 0

SaNcTaMaRiA

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Iowa
✟169,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I recently had a friend return after being gone for awhile. I missed him allot and am relieved to have him back.

I suffer from general anxiety disorder which also leads to depression. My constant struggle and cross to carry.

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
If you're not sure you are in mortal sin then you shouldn't worry. Also, if you can't access a priest for confession until after Easter but you intend to confess as soon as possible then you are also fine.
My parish offered confessions this evening after Holy Thursday mass, so I was able to resolve issues there.

Reactions: SaNcTaMaRiA
Upvote 0

Tomm

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My parish offered confessions this evening after Holy Thursday mass, so I was able to resolve issues there.

That's good news.
If they don't, can you knock on the priest's door and ask for it?

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That's good news.
If they don't, can you knock on the priest's door and ask for it?
I have phoned the priest several times in the past to ask for confession. What's really discouraging about this parish is that, the priest here is not a big fan of hearing confessions, most of the time confession is only available on Saturday evenings, and only if you ask for it. Remember when I said I take the bus all the way to a neighbouring town, and walk a couple of kilometers to attend Adoration at a reverent parish? That's also where I do the vast majority of my confessions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tomm

Christian
Site Supporter
Jan 30, 2007
WS
✟278,556.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I have phoned the priest several times in the past to ask for confession. What's really discouraging about this parish is that, the priest here is not a big fan of hearing confessions, most of the time confession is only available on Saturday evenings, and only if you ask for it. Remember when I said I take the bus all the way to a neighbouring town, and walk a couple of kilometers to attend Adoration at a reverent parish? That's also where I do the vast majority of my confessions.

I understand that some priests don't like confessions.
Why don't you persuade him to offer more time for confession?

Upvote 0

SaNcTaMaRiA

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Iowa
✟169,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand that some priests don't like confessions.
Why don't you persuade him to offer more time for confession?

Yep, I agree with this. He may not like it but it is his job to provide nourishment for his flock. Be gentle about it and show him respect. However, he should be opening himself up to confessions when and where people need them. We are talking about our eternal souls here!

Upvote 0

JesusLovesOurLady

Feb 15, 2017
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have just come back from Good Friday Services, I have been doing much better today than I was yesterday. In regards to Triduum, I'm looking forward to unveiling my statues on Easter, especially my statue of Our Lady of Fatima, anyone who knows me knows how much I'm looking forward to seeing my statue of her again:
IMG_4115.jpg IMG_4122.jpg

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I went on a pilgrimage with my sons and many members of our community on Holy Thursday in which we walked from church to church, stopping to pray and for benediction at each. I learned it was a tradition my grandmother had participated in as well. Luckily, although i live I a small town, there are many Catholic parishes, making such am event possible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I recently had a friend return after being gone for awhile. I missed him allot and am relieved to have him back.

I suffer from general anxiety disorder which also leads to depression. My constant struggle and cross to carry.
God be with you. Same here. My husband, too. The Rosary helps me, as does devotion to the Holy Face.

Reactions: SaNcTaMaRiA
Upvote 0

SaNcTaMaRiA

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Iowa
✟169,437.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Winner
Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I thought I might start a thread where we can share some of our joys, and struggles, in one place.

Easter is coming up! My husband has allowed us to go to Mass on Easter, which makes me so happy! The Bishop will be there, so that'll be awesome. And a huge crowd, too. I'm looking forward to it. Haven't been to any church in a while, so having the chance to go to Mass will be awesome.

My mom's not doing too great... Please, pray that she could keep her eyes on Jesus, and have some peace, and joy. My brother passed away in November, and it's been incredibly hard on her. I think she blames herself, but it's absolutely not her fault. She's an amazing mother, and did everything she could to help George. Everything. Please, keep her and him in your prayers.

Thank you! What is going on in everyone else's lives?

Gracia, I don't know your story or if you have related it in the pass here at forums. However, did I read it correctly that your husband ALLOWED your family to go to Mass? I hope I read it wrong. Your Husband and you are equals you should not wait for him to allow you to go to Mass, you go to Mass with or without him.

I will pray for your Mother and your Brother your George.

• Friendly
Upvote 0