Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
An interview with author and filmmaker Don Johnson about the making, purpose, and release of Dysconnected: The Real Story Behind the Transgender Explosion.

Don Johnson, a Catholic filmmaker based in Anaheim, California, will premiere Dysconnected: The Real Story Behind the Transgender Explosion, a new film on the transgender phenomenon sweeping the nation, on Saturday, October 8, from 6 to 10 p.m. at Freed Theater on the Christ Cathedral Campus of the Diocese of Orange, 13280 Chapman Avenue, Garden Grove, California. The event will include a panel discussion and opportunity to meet Johnson and some of those interviewed for the film, including “detransitioner” Daisy Strongin, billboard activist Chris Elston, therapist Pamela Garfield-Jaeger, teacher Brenda Lebsack and Erin Brewer of Advocates Protecting Children. The film also includes interviews with Daisy Strongin, Ryan T. Anderson, Abigail Favale, Christopher West, Carl Trueman, Margaret McCarthy, Michael Hanby, Benjamin Wiker, and others.

Dysconnected, which is executive produced and distributed by Ignatius Press, will be available for purchase after October 8th through Ignatius Press or available to be streamed online. For additional information about the film, including purchasing tickets for the October 8th premiere or to buy the film or stream it online, visit www.dysconnectedmovie.com.

Johnson is a former Evangelical Protestant and evangelist who converted to the Catholic Faith and entered the Catholic Church in 2015. “I read my way into the Church,” says Johnson, “Studying history and doing apologetics as a Protestant led me into the Catholic Church.” He is a public speaker and the author of the recently published book Twisted Unto Destruction: How ‘Bible Alone’ Theology Made the World a Worse Place (Catholic Answers, 2022); visit his website at www.donjohnsonministries.org.

CWR: What led you to make Dysconnected?

Continued below.
Catholic film on “the transgender explosion” to premiere October 8th