Catholic Convert Sarah White — and a Recipe for Brussels Sprouts and Balsamic ‘Pizza’

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,981.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“Being Catholic,” says Sarah White, “my husband and I have been drawn to eating liturgically over the last few years. That has shaped our meals and drinks and reason for celebration in a wonderful way in the kitchen.”

California native Sarah White admits to an unusual conversion experience. It happened when in college she attended her first Mass in a church close to campus. Six weeks earlier, she had accidentally spilled a cup of coffee onto her laptop. Horrified, and afraid of telling her parents, she took it to a repair store on campus. The tech, upon first examination, tipped the computer to the side and coffee came out of its port.

“I waited all week” she said, and her boyfriend (now husband) told her, “When I don’t know what to do, I pray.” So she prayed to God that her computer would be okay. “I went to the technician to pick up the computer at the end of the week, who asked if I had put it in the bathtub. He said he had never seen so much water.” The tech said that though he had never seen anything like it, her computer worked better than ever. “I still work on it today,” she said, “and my husband and I thanked God I didn’t have to call my dad and tell him any bad news.”

Continued below.
Catholic Convert Sarah White — and a Recipe for Brussels Sprouts and Balsamic ‘Pizza’