Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
"Catholic and Protestant debate"
No Orthodox, I guess :sigh:
They should be glad they are left out of this silly hatefest. The only good part is the ice cream.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Was that it? Was that the end of the great milkshake debate? I win!!!

Well, I firmly believe that combination shakes (Frappes) are the more adventurous and satisfying solution. For example: chocolate/orange sherbet, chocolate/ black raspberry or strawberry, etc. - vanilla and orange sherbet (like a creamsicle) If one is health conscious they might consider adding various yogurts to the chocolate shake such as with black cherry. As an aside consider the following - soften marshmallows in a cup and then add chocolate ice cream for then the marshmallows have this wonderful crunch.

Upvote 0

Mountainmike

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟561,189.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The OP wished to debate Catholic Protestant issues, so I posted some.

They are not catholic protestant issues, they are straight out of the anti catholic disinformation handbook as circulated on most forums like "call no man father" which is just as false now , as it was the first time an illinformed evangelical first decided to proof text using verses out of context.
*yawns*.

Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I quite enjoy the Orthodox service. I went to a Greek Orthodox church for 8 months. Their service is very structured and very formal. It is beautiful, in the same way that the formal Catholic mass is beautiful. I should go again ... to the Orthodox service.

And besides ... maybe they will give me some stuffed grape leaves. :)

I refuse to bring hate or conflict into the Christian denominations. Instead, let us walk in peace and discuss things with wisdom.

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2019
United States
✟8,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yesh, judging a thread by its subject is something I can try not to do .. :D
I have little doubt you know the answers to such questions: so why bother repeating them?
I can answer that. We don't worship the saint we venerate them. Catholics and Protestants have very different definitions of the word worship. Catholics believe that the word worship is literally sacrifice specifically the sacrifice in the mass no Mass would be offered to the saints only to God. Protestants believe the word worship means to bow down to and sing to and pray to but but this logic if anyone ever listen to a non-Christian song and sung it or bow to the queen they would be worshiping the queen which doesn't really make sense.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I can answer that. We don't worship the saint we venerate them. Catholics and Protestants have very different definitions of the word worship. Catholics believe that the word worship is literally sacrifice specifically the sacrifice in the mass no Mass would be offered to the saints only to God. Protestants believe the word worship means to bow down to and sing to and pray to but but this logic if anyone ever listen to a non-Christian song and sung it or bow to the queen they would be worshiping the queen which doesn't really make sense.
Good job, how about not allowing priests to marry?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
  • Haha
Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Anyone want to debate a Catholic. (Me) any topic.

Debating the Catholic Church is Like an unruly child debating their parents.

1. Which came first the Parents or their Child?

2. Which came first the Catholic Church or the Protestant church?

The Mic has been dropped. lol

Pan De Vida

• Haha
Reactions: annad347
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I clicked on the thread thinking it would be Catholic vs. Protestant philosophy, not any random topics, but I laughed at this post:
Why not instead debate the immaculate conception of chocolate then?

In a perfect world chocolate would be immaculate! I hope people like me get tons of it (in both liquid and solid forms) when they go to heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I do miss Neapolitan ice cream.
I dont miss sherbert at all.

I especially miss the qualities of humility, reverence, and obedience. The World seems to have forgotten them entirely.

Miss it? Have you taken a vow of no ice cream?

Upvote 0

Steve97

Dec 26, 2019
none
✟15,944.00
Country
Tajikistan
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK - SNP
Anyone want to debate a Catholic. (Me) any topic.

Hi, Brianna. I am new here. I am 65 years old and was raised the the Roman Catholic church. I left the church when I was around 16 years old because they failed to answer my questions. I can send you some links which fairly explore Roman Catholicism which I have found helpful.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I clicked on the thread thinking it would be Catholic vs. Protestant philosophy, not any random topics, but I laughed at this post:

In a perfect world chocolate would be immaculate! I hope people like me get tons of it (in both liquid and solid forms) when they go to heaven.
Chocolate is too brown to be immaculate. Vanilla ice cream has a better chance at it than chocolate. Chocolate is of the devil just like devil's food cake. Even if you like it you have to admit it.

• Informative
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Chocolate is too brown to be immaculate. Vanilla ice cream has a better chance at it than chocolate. Chocolate is of the devil just like devil's food cake. Even if you like it you have to admit it.

Okay, now you sound like an iceist...are you by chance a Trump supporter?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Okay, now you sound like an iceist...are you by chance a Trump supporter?
I'm, for what it's worth, a never-trumper. But I do have a half gallon of vanilla ice cream in the freezer. So guilty as charged.

A further note: none of this discussion has touched upon Immaculee Ilibagiza, who wears that name well.

• Informative
Reactions: Tone
Upvote 0