Jul 13, 2003
California
✟4,182.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
christiangoth3000 said:
I would also say all inappropriate content must be banned since it is not christian and moral

I also say we make women stay in their homes and cover their entire bodies up, including their face, because such things are not muslim and moral.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
TCapp said:
Whether cartoon or not, it still advocates treating people like sex objects. It promotes an unrealistic view. It's gross and can create an obsession that can ruin lives.

Yep. God says we are to turn from evil things..to not embrace what is vile and unseemly...I think cartoon inappropriate content would fall under that category.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Proverbs 3:7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

Proverbs 16:17 The highway of the upright is to depart from evil: he that keepeth his way preserveth his soul

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
22 Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

armed2010

Jul 13, 2003
California
✟4,182.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
It needs to be realised however, that christianity is not the ONLY religion, and the United States is run by a secular, democratic government, and is not a theocracy. Just because it violates your religions viewpoint on morals, does not mean it should be banned. We also need to realise, that there are many other things in the world, far worse than cartoon inappropriate content. People starving, dieing, domestic and child abuse, disease, etc.

Upvote 0
R

royboy

armed2010 said:
It needs to be realised however, that christianity is not the ONLY religion, and the United States is run by a secular, democratic government, and is not a theocracy. Just because it violates your religions viewpoint on morals, does not mean it should be banned. We also need to realise, that there are many other things in the world, far worse than cartoon inappropriate content. People starving, dieing, domestic and child abuse, disease, etc.

But bush has said that god tells him what to do. Also, haven't most presidents been christian?

Upvote 0

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
Kelly said:
How do people get turned on by the written word? It's all relative. Look at the cover of just about every mainstream comic book in america and you see sex being used to sell issues.
I meant sexually. I don't think many people take the holy bible into their bathroom and close the door for you know what.

Upvote 0
royboy said:
But bush has said that god tells him what to do. Also, haven't most presidents been christian?

Yes, most Presidents have said to be Christian, but still, the President does not make legislation. The President has limited powers. Anti-internet inappropriate content legislation has been shot down before, although by a slim margin I believe. I don't support the banning of inappropriate content, people can do what they want, though I wish something could be done about TV programs such as MTV, which push things to the limit and show you enough sex to get people to watch, but keep it relatively clean enough (in today's terms) to keep it on cable. That's what got me and I'm sure others, into looking at inappropriate content. It is really empty feeling, but it is an addiction now. If anyone has ideas to quit, please private message me, it would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ben johnson

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2002
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟76,549.00
Faith
Christian
Thus I exit this and any other related threads.
Tell that to Samantha Runion; a beautiful little girl with golden curls; now dead. Wanna bet that her attacker did NOT do "child-inappropriate content"? You would lose.

I carry a column in my wallet written to Ann Landers, by Dr. Mary Anne Layden. Counselor at Philadelphia University. In her 15-20 years of counselling perpetrators AND VICTIMS of sexually violent crimes, she has NEVER had a case that did NOT involved inappropriate contentography.

I always ask the employee if the station sells inappropriate content, before I buy gas; I was approached by a young lady as I was filling the tank: "May I ask why?" I handed her the column. She looked at me, and said: "I have a three year old daughter; THANK YOU!"

In the mid 80's Cincinatti banned inappropriate content; violent crimes against women and children fell nearly 90%; in 1999 they repealed the ban.

Sheer lunacy.

I have received cartoon inappropriate content; on the account registered here I receive 300-500 spams per week; I filter 36 inappropriate contentographic words, but it still gets through. Whoever says that inappropriate content doesn't matter, is either severely IQ-limited, or living in a hermit's cave.

Upvote 0

Rae

Pro-Marriage. All marriage.
Aug 31, 2002
Somewhere out there...
Visit site
✟25,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Everyone who has raped probably has also eaten bread. The bread didn't make them do it, though. Having seen inappropriate content doesn't make someone a rapist any more than eating bread makes them one. False correlations abound. inappropriate content use has not realistically been demonstrated to correlate to violence...nor has bread eating.

Upvote 0

Rae

Pro-Marriage. All marriage.
Aug 31, 2002
Somewhere out there...
Visit site
✟25,746.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Rape is not an inherently sexual activity, either. :) It's all about power and control. I won't deny sex is USED for those ends. But most people at some time in their lives see something that can be defined as "inappropriate content." Most of these do not rape anyone and have no desire to do so. Case closed. :)

Upvote 0