Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
I'm currently on a sabbatical from a herd managers job - I can go back but I probably won't (it's messy and very very complicated, but in short, it was a gift from my boss for setting up a farm for him.) I'm interested in civil service oddly enough - I've applied for a few positions so hopefully, I'm on course for a new start this year. I want to move back to central London if I can, it's my home.

So, I'm not a creative snowflake or an 'influencer' - I respect the work force, I always will. BUT, I'll always keep one ear on my own projects. I just generally LIKE working.

I'm not to familiar with things over in the UK. In the US from what I hear on the news farms are really struggling.

What could you do as a civil servant?

PS I always got side projects.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
I'm not to familiar with things over in the UK. In the US from what I hear on the news farms are really struggling.

What could you do as a civil servant?

PS I always got side projects.

Dairy prices aren't good. When I started my first milking job prices were around 30 odd pence a litre, and then in 2015 they crashed right down to around 18 pence a litre. It's slowly coming back up, but it's never going to be amazing. Most of the money made in farming is through subsidiary schemes and wildlife preservation.

Cereal prices are hardly worth the work you put in, there's really not a lot in British farming anymore.

I'm actually looking into a role in airport security. I have a good "austerity-patience balance" and actually enjoy chaos. I think I'd be perfect for it - full training is offered so it's a case of if they think I'm suitable now - which is fair enough.

Going though security is horrible, I actually want to be that calming influence on people. If not that, then I may consider a career with the police. Whatever I do, if I'm working for anyone else besides me, then I want it to be bigger than me, if that makes sense?

Reactions: ChicanaRose
Upvote 0

Cross Over the Lake

Jan 12, 2020
Lake Havasu City
✟17,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
Dairy prices aren't good. When I started my first milking job prices were around 30 odd pence a litre, and then in 2015 they crashed right down to around 18 pence a litre. It's slowly coming back up, but it's never going to be amazing. Most of the money made in farming is through subsidiary schemes and wildlife preservation.

Cereal prices are hardly worth the work you put in, there's really not a lot in British farming anymore.

I'm actually looking into a role in airport security. I have a good "austerity-patience balance" and actually enjoy chaos. I think I'd be perfect for it - full training is offered so it's a case of if they think I'm suitable now - which is fair enough.

Going though security is horrible, I actually want to be that calming influence on people. If not that, then I may consider a career with the police. Whatever I do, if I'm working for anyone else besides me, then I want it to be bigger than me, if that makes sense?

Being a part of security at an airport sounds pretty exciting! Everyday would be different which would be super important to me. That's awesome that you have a good direction on what you want to do.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Being a part of security at an airport sounds pretty exciting! Everyday would be different which would be super important to me. That's awesome that you have a good direction on what you want to do.

Yeah, that crossed my mind too. I thrive on variation.

It takes a bit of effort figuring yourself out sometimes, but that's all part of the price I say. The people who get lost tend to turn back just a half mile short of figuring it all out.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Cross Over the Lake

Jan 12, 2020
Lake Havasu City
✟17,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, that crossed my mind too. I thrive on variation.

It takes a bit of effort figuring yourself out sometimes, but that's all part of the price I say. The people who get lost tend to turn back just a half mile short of figuring it all out.

Or they give up completely. I don't know I mean if you want an excuse to not do something you will find it. That's not GOD though, God is greater than that! I've made a pact with myself that I wont make any serious decisions in life without getting some kind of answer put in my heart by God. Sometimes that tests my patience, but ultimately its ALWAYS the best strategy. Not just in work but in all areas.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Or they give up completely. I don't know I mean if you want an excuse to not do something you will find it. That's not GOD though, God is greater than that! I've made a pact with myself that I wont make any serious decisions in life without getting some kind of answer put in my heart by God. Sometimes that tests my patience, but ultimately its ALWAYS the best strategy. Not just in work but in all areas.

It's definitely not God, no. And I'll never understand how people can believe in such an infinite being on one hand, yet tie themselves up with limitation on the other.

It's always seemed strange to me. God in my mind will only say "yes" to a prayer, or "no lad, I have something better in mind" - never has God said "no, I want you to live life confused and angry at yourself."

He's always up there, 24/7.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm working towards a degree in sociology. I want to do research into poverty and other inequalities to help those who are disadvantaged.

I was fed up at everyone else's 'As long as I'm ok attitude' and that my unresearched opinion wasn't enough to overturn the media's influence in their minds through the demonisation of the sick or poor.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Hey that's awesome! Are you a LPN or RN? I start next week taking classes to work toward the LPN. I'm pretty excited. I've worked in a handful of facilities over the years but going to hospice has been one of the most rewarding decisions I have ever made. Good thing to consider about the NICU depending on the size of the town/city or the hospital is that you will have more direct care with the patients. My ex-mother-in-law worked ICU. Great pay. That's great you are looking into all your avenues. God's got you I believe He will set you up with what you are looking for.

I am an RN. I got my license about 6 years ago. It is a "second" career for me. I think I may eventually go to hospice because that is the reason I was pulled into nursing. However, I haven't felt like that is were I belong at this time.

I live in a major city. We have several huge hospital systems and each system has a big NICU.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The point of the thread however was to see what people are doing to further their career, get that pay increase, not to "boast" or become arrogant but to live a better more comfortable life.

It is my belief that success has many elements. Those outside of the workforce have an opportunity for self-focus and advancement in a measure others don’t. Their input is helpful for many who lack the time to research or explore a topic to the degree they can. And that was the prevailing reason I responded as I did.

It had nothing to do with me. I was referencing members in the Single’s area who could make great contributions to your thread. But given its focus they may not reply. And we’re deprived of their experiences and wisdom.

~Bella

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cross Over the Lake

Jan 12, 2020
Lake Havasu City
✟17,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
I'm pursuing a second doctorate. I'm thinking about trying to get professional certification in my field of study. I already have an alphabet soup after my name though.

Hey that’s awesome, I plan to keep going to school until I can’t walk up the handicap ramp. What is your current field of study?

Upvote 0

HisGraceAbounds

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2019
Central Illinois
✟267,200.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Hey that’s awesome, I plan to keep going to school until I can’t walk up the handicap ramp. What is your current field of study?

I'm in Environmental Health and Safety. More into the psychology of safety than the 'rubber meets the road' type of 'safety guy' stuff.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cross Over the Lake

Jan 12, 2020
Lake Havasu City
✟17,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
I'm working towards a degree in sociology. I want to do research into poverty and other inequalities to help those who are disadvantaged.

I was fed up at everyone else's 'As long as I'm ok attitude' and that my unresearched opinion wasn't enough to overturn the media's influence in their minds through the demonisation of the sick or poor.

This is so great and such a good reason for doing something. Sounds like God is really working through you!!

• Friendly
Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Cross Over the Lake

Jan 12, 2020
Lake Havasu City
✟17,687.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
I wanted to work in the police force when i was younger. I did join but only lasted a week or so as i got fired!

I refused to sniff cocaine!

You really take this whole dog thing pretty far huh!?! Lol

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is so great and such a good reason for doing something. Sounds like God is really working through you!!
I hope so. Not too sure if it's what He plans for me. However, I am amazed at how the time table has miraculously fit in perfectly with the other things we do. I've not had to quit my Wednesday morning group bible study either so that makes me hope that it is.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,012,478.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You really take this whole dog thing pretty far huh!?! Lol

Guess i like to inject a bit of humour here now and again. If i can make someone smile then thats good. Too many of us in sorry situations in life.

Upvote 0