Car Stolen!! Urgent And Persistant Prayer Needed!

R

Riot Riot Riot

This morning we woke up and I noticed that my parent's car was missing.
My dad took it to work last night and came home around 4:30.
My sister, her boyfriend, and my brother were all out in the living room still awake, but no one noticed anything unusual as it was storming pretty hard.

PLEASE keep us in your prayers!!! Pray persistently and faithfully!! Pray that the car will NOT start or work until it is found!!

:prayer:

PeculiarTreasure

Mishief Mangaged
Feb 3, 2007
South Carolina
✟27,848.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The car HAS been repo'd.

We cannot understand this though. My parent's were making regular payments whereas MY car, on the other hand, was behind.

The bank never sent us any statements. They never called to tell us we were behind, nothing!!

My friend had her car repo'd and she had notices almost every day through the phone that she were behind.

Good gracious. Praying you get everything worked out and get the car back.:hug:

Upvote 0
R

Riot Riot Riot

I prayed and will continue

I just read the second post, sorry what repo'd mean and what is behind?
Repo'd is an abbreviation for "repossessed". That means that the bank will take back the car if you become late on your monthly payments.

But if they DID get the wrong car, that isn't very professional. You'd think they would have made sure that they had the right car before they just took one.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Better repo'd than stolen! I know it can be a major, major hassle to get your car back, but at least you CAN get it back. Hope things go smoothly...take deep breaths and pray before you head to the car lot!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
R

Riot Riot Riot

Better repo'd than stolen! I know it can be a major, major hassle to get your car back, but at least you CAN get it back. Hope things go smoothly...take deep breaths and pray before you head to the car lot!!
Thanks Ink. :)

Oddly enough, I've had a weird sense of peace about the situation. Sure it startled me for a while because you never really expect those things to happen, but the whole time my family was getting upset and anxious about it, I just felt oddly at peace.
I sent a few quick prayers up to God so maybe He just decided to calm my spirit. :D

Upvote 0

SmileAndAHandshake

Senior Veteran
Oct 1, 2003
✟19,199.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I'm very sorry to hear about the troubles, Lilac. Typically the wrong car does not get repossessed as they will repo based on the tags. If the tags match their databse, they take the car.

Have you moved recently? Sometimes people do not update all of their addresses when they change residences. I know if we were to be behind on our payments on our car, I doubt we'd ever know about it, as I just thought about it now: our address is out of date with them :D Luckily our payments come out automatically, there is no way to be behind.

Hopefully it is a misunderstanding but regretfully it seems most cases such as this do have a reason that are not mistakes :\

I hope it all gets resolved asap!

Upvote 0
R

Riot Riot Riot

I'm very sorry to hear about the troubles, Lilac. Typically the wrong car does not get repossessed as they will repo based on the tags. If the tags match their databse, they take the car.

Have you moved recently? Sometimes people do not update all of their addresses when they change residences. I know if we were to be behind on our payments on our car, I doubt we'd ever know about it, as I just thought about it now: our address is out of date with them :D Luckily our payments come out automatically, there is no way to be behind.

Hopefully it is a misunderstanding but regretfully it seems most cases such as this do have a reason that are not mistakes :\

I hope it all gets resolved asap!
Yeah, we figured out after a while that they probably didn't get the wrong car. We were just sort of hoping. My car is in my name, and while I worked hard to get it, I simply can't afford it right now. I don't have a job and so the payments are resting on my parents' minimal paychecks. So sometimes I think it would be better for it to just be taken from us. But... whatever. haha

The last time we moved was in 2008. And we know that the bank has our address because my mom has sent PLENTY of letters asking for them to send us a statement on our loan so that we know how much we still owe and for how long, and yet the bank has ignored every request. So we don't know if we're behind or not. So, it's sort of their fault that this has happened, and I'm wondering if that's even LEGAL.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums