bend
✟17,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't watch it then, if it's so offensive.
Entertainment has been using canned reactions for decades, it's not anything new.
I am offended that a sports fan would by lumped in with the mindless sitcom watchers : (
How's that for irony?

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I watched a few NFL games today on the west coast and there were no fans in the stands. The canned crowd noise offended me as much as the fake news I'm force fed.
I think its more for the players:) Keep morale up.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It seems ridiculous, perhaps on a par with the cardboard people in the stands. On the other hand, though, the crowd noise does seem to me to make the game feel more like a real game.

Consider what it would seem like if the game went on, through critical moments, turnovers, long gainers, a comeback by one team or another...and there was nothing but a few scattered individual shouts being heard.

It would lose something and make the game feel like a scrimmage.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It seems ridiculous, perhaps on a par with the cardboard people in the stands. On the other hand, though, the crowd noise does seem to me to make the game feel more like a real game.

Consider what it would seem like if the game went on, through critical moments, turnovers, long gainers, a comeback by one team or another...and there was nothing but a few scattered individual shouts being heard.

It would lose something and make the game feel like a scrimmage.

I saw this quarterback from Philadelphia fumble the ball and turn it over to the Cowboys, and he was laughing... So I think to the players, it does feel like a scrimmage.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I watched a few NFL games today on the west coast and there were no fans in the stands. The canned crowd noise offended me as much as the fake news I'm force fed.

Seems kind of... 'fake'... Like WWE wrestling.... :D

tenor-7.gif

Upvote 0