Can you stop with the lies about traditional Christianity?

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Seriously:

• This Constantine was the Pope/Bishop/Emperor (oh wait, the last one is correct).
  • Muh Pagan Catholicism (seriously, unless you are Jewish, all your culture was originally pagan)
  • False accusations of idolatry or blasphemy about the Mother of God being a "goddess"
  • Etc, etc.

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Liars are going to lie. Even when presented with the truth.
Probably but I feel it is better to call out that instead of just allowing it over and over.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Probably but I feel it is better to call out that instead of just allowing it over and over.
You won’t stop it here. Sorry. People cling to untruths while refusing to learn about the brethren they are slandering with gleeful abandon. The latest anti-Catholic thread is featured after all.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
You won’t stop it here. Sorry. People cling to untruths while refusing to learn about the brethren they are slandering with gleeful abandon. The latest anti-Catholic thread is featured after all.
I'm an optimist so I hope at least one person will learn something.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Yup. Featured in good old Christian Forums. Shameful.

That thread should be an embarrassment to most of the posters if they only knew a bit more about history or the Bible or about the Catholic Church they hate so much. But they don't for the most part even know what they don't know.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yup. Featured in good old Christian Forums. Shameful.

That thread should be an embarrassment to most of the posters if they only knew a bit more about history or the Bible or about the Catholic Church they hate so much. But they don't for the most part even know what they don't know.
They do not want to know in most cases. The fabrications are more fun. Generates more clicks as well.

Upvote 0

charsan

Charismatic Episcopal Church
Jul 12, 2019
South California
✟62,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Seriously:

• This Constantine was the Pope/Bishop/Emperor (oh wait, the last one is correct).
  • Muh Pagan Catholicism (seriously, unless you are Jewish, all your culture was originally pagan)
  • False accusations of idolatry or blasphemy about the Mother of God being a "goddess"
  • Etc, etc.

They will always make false accusations because they will not try to find out what Traditional Christians believe and in some cases only care if they are right. Many parrot Pastors that have no idea what they are talking about

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They will always make false accusations because they will not try to find out what Traditional Christians believe and in some cases only care if they are right. Many parrot Pastors that have no idea what they are talking about
Right fighting despite the facts is never a good look.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
They do not want to know in most cases. The fabrications are more fun. Generates more clicks as well.
I think it's the Dunning-Kruger effect at full speed.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I do believe by far the dissemination of false RC doctrines are the most frequently posted reply’s on the forums but there are a couple of Catholics that are guilty of it too.

I’d think once they’d learn the truth of either one they’d quit making themselves look ridiculous. I mean they don’t have to agree with another’s perspective within it’s true setting but why perpetuate misinformation?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I do believe by far the dissemination of false RC doctrines are the most frequently posted reply’s on the forums but there are a couple of Catholics that are guilty of it too.

I’d think once they’d learn the truth of either one they’d quit making themselves look ridiculous. I mean they don’t have to agree with another’s perspective within it’s true setting by why perpetuate misinformation?
Catholics should be careful. The kind of Knownothingism does not become a Catholic. It doesn't become a Protestant either, but saying so only beings out more of it.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I find that even posting directly from Catholic sites, the Catechism, anything where you are hearing it from the ‘horse’s mouth’ is ignored. They’d rather you fight with them as they flat out reject what you just served them on a silver platter. I refuse to debate these things because it’s pointless. If they are going to reject what you deliver to them from official Church teachings, refuse to even look at it to save their narrative, I see no point in it. It’s one thing to reason together, quite another to throw out one lie after another while ignoring the truth. That shows the intent right there and I refuse to be a part of it. I’m not gifted in that area anyway and being on a phone to participate here does not make it easier. I’d rather not feed into it when all they come back with is “nuh uh deluded Catholic pagan.”

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I find that even posting directly from Catholic sites, the Catechism, anything where you are hearing it from the ‘horse’s mouth’ is ignored. They’d rather you fight with them as they flat out reject what you just served them on a silver platter. I refuse to debate these things because it’s pointless. If they are going to reject what you deliver to them from official Church teachings, refuse to even look at it to save their narrative, I see no point in it. It’s one thing to reason together, quite another to throw out one lie after another while ignoring the truth. That shows the intent right there and I refuse to be a part of it. I’m not gifted in that area anyway and being on a phone to participate here does not make it easier. I’d rather not feed into it when all they come back with is “nuh uh deluded Catholic pagan.”
Jesus said something about pigs and pearls I won't even repeat here for fear of being judged hostile.

Upvote 0

gentlejah

Jan 4, 2017
Ontario
✟17,298.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
“There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church, but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
― Fulton J. Sheen

Upvote 0