Can you guys provide some information regarding the evidence of Jesus's Existence

Jude1:3Contendforthefaith

Supporter
Dec 28, 2017
Arizona
✟529,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

mac777

Nov 13, 2020
midlands
✟15,906.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I was young and godless, a Christian prayed with me, I only got on my knees to please him so I could obtain food/blankets, hopefully money.
As he prayed, he began to pray in a language unknown to me, I suddenly before my eyes or some other way seen a naked man nailed to a Cross, he had long black hair and a beard, his body was that of a well formed man well used to work.
He was struggling in great agony, apon his head was some kind of garland of thorns, his body was dripping with sweat and blood.
All around him was darkness as if the sun was ashamed to show its light.
This vision would not leave me, suddenly the christian stopped praying and said to me.

"Can you see Calvary?"

This amazed me that the christian knew I was seeing a vision of His crucified Saviour and suddenly there was a sound like a mighty rushing wind and I was filled with a wonderous living influence , the joy and love I cannot put into words, this influence without a word spoken testified to my soul that Jesus died for my sins, that Jesus was alive, that He loved me.
I got off my knees and I knew wether I followed this Jesus or not I would never be the same again, I was a changed young man...

To this day I can bear faithfull testimony that Jesus of Nazerath exists, that He died apon the cross for mankinds sins and that He is wonderfully alive today!

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟747,016.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There's a Catholic link here on the topic of "the real Jesus Christ".

The Real Jesus Christ

It starts with this excerpt from Luke, with it's historical accuracy in describing the officials who were ruling at that time.

In the fifteenth year of the rule of Tiberius Caesar, when Pontius Pilate was procurator of Judea, Herod tetrarch of Galilee, Philip his brother tetrarch of the region Ituraea and Trachonitis, and Lysanias tetrarch of Abilene... Luke 3:1

There is also collateral material eg.

The Jewish historian Josephus ...
Elsewhere in this book ("Jewish Antiquities"), Josephus also reported the execution of St. John the Baptist [XVIII 5.2] and St. James the Just [XX 9.1], even referring to James as "the brother of Jesus who was called Christ."

Pliny the Younger, Roman Consul to Asia Minor writing in 111AD ...
...it was their habit on a fixed day to assemble before daylight and recite by turns a form of words to Christ as a god;

Then there's the fact that if we accept extant historical documents of other ancient personages, then we should accept the reality that Christ existed -

Historicity of Jesus - Wikipedia

Historical existence - Most scholars of antiquity agree that Jesus existed. Historian Michael Grant asserts that if conventional standards of historical textual criticism are applied to the New Testament, "we can no more reject Jesus' existence than we can reject the existence of a mass of pagan personages whose reality as historical figures is never questioned."

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Can you post some evidence regarding jesus's existence
His name is Jesus Christ. I notice you capitalize your own name. Do you consider Jesus less than yourself? There are other books that mention Jesus and the first four gospels of the New Testament are eye witness accounts. Those are men who are buried in tombs and graves that can be visited. What is your need for evidence for?

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟461,272.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
When I was young and godless, a Christian prayed with me, I only got on my knees to please him so I could obtain food/blankets, hopefully money.
As he prayed, he began to pray in a language unknown to me, I suddenly before my eyes or some other way seen a naked man nailed to a Cross, he had long black hair and a beard, his body was that of a well formed man well used to work.
He was struggling in great agony, apon his head was some kind of garland of thorns, his body was dripping with sweat and blood.
All around him was darkness as if the sun was ashamed to show its light.
This vision would not leave me, suddenly the christian stopped praying and said to me.

"Can you see Calvary?"

This amazed me that the christian knew I was seeing a vision of His crucified Saviour and suddenly there was a sound like a mighty rushing wind and I was filled with a wonderous living influence , the joy and love I cannot put into words, this influence without a word spoken testified to my soul that Jesus died for my sins, that Jesus was alive, that He loved me.
I got off my knees and I knew wether I followed this Jesus or not I would never be the same again, I was a changed young man...

To this day I can bear faithfull testimony that Jesus of Nazerath exists, that He died apon the cross for mankinds sins and that He is wonderfully alive today!

You had an extraordinary and beautiful experience, and a great blessing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think he was referring to Dylan Taylor who started this thread. Not in response to something you posted.
Oh Im sorry. You are right! I am just used to getting bashed for my posts! This shows me I need to reel it in!

• Friendly
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jaxxi

Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yup, very few do not think He existed. Did Muhammed never exist?
Who can compare Muhammed to Jesus? What did Muhammed do for mankind? Who was his mother? What did God say when he was baptized? Was there a huge earthquake when he died? Is he buried in the ground? I do not know the answers to these questions- I honestly do not know. I do know that Muslims do not believe Jesus ever died. Like they think He is a 2054 years old man wandering the earth.

Upvote 0

Waymarker

May 5, 2009
✟12,133.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can you post some evidence regarding jesus's existence

Well the whole of ancient Israel saw him, that's a lot of eyeballs..:)
"Large crowds from Galilee, the Ten Cities, Jerusalem, Judea and the region across the Jordan followed him" (Matt 4:25)
and saw his 37 miracles-
"..even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."- John 10:38
And when the first gospels were written, NOBODY - not a single person - ever dared come forward from the priests or Romans or the people to say "Baloney, it never happened", that's because they knew they'd just be making fools of themselves..:)

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟747,016.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There's an article here which gives a good summary of evidence.

What is the historical evidence that Jesus Christ lived and died?

It's documentary evidence of one sort or another. You wouldn't expect to find archaeological evidence for a wandering Rabbi who built nothing and was crucified as a criminal.

There is also the fact that Christianity exists. Religions have founders, and they don't emerge in a vacuum.

The major public figures mentioned in the Gospels and Acts have been verified by other sources.

Pontius Pilate - Wikipedia

Sources on Pontius Pilate are limited, although modern scholars know more about him than about other Roman governors of Judaea.[11] The most important sources are the Embassy to Gaius (after the year 41) by contemporary Jewish writer Philo of Alexandria,[12] the Jewish Wars (c. 74) and Antiquities of the Jews (c. 94) by the Jewish historian Josephus, as well as the four canonical Christian Gospels, Mark (composed between 66 and 70), Luke (composed between 85 and 90), Matthew (composed between 85 and 90), and John (composed between 90 and 110).[11] Ignatius of Antioch mentions him in his epistles to the Trallians, Magnesians, and Smyrnaeans[13] (composed between 105 and 110).[14] He is also briefly mentioned in Annals of the Roman historian Tacitus (early 2nd c.), who simply says that he put Jesus to death.[11] Two additional chapters of Tacitus's Annals that might have mentioned Pilate have been lost.[15] Besides these texts, coins minted by Pilate have survived, as well as a fragmentary short inscription that names Pilate, known as the Pilate Stone, the only inscription about a Roman governor of Judaea predating the Roman-Jewish Wars to survive.[16][17][18] The written sources provide only limited information and each has its own biases, with the gospels in particular providing a theological rather than historical perspective on Pilate.[19]

To cut a long search short, here is a list of Biblical figures in extra-Biblical sources -

List of biblical figures identified in extra-biblical sources - Wikipedia

Upvote 0

Ray Glenn

Jun 10, 2021
Birmingham
✟31,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What?
I am baffled at how simple stuff like this sails over your head.

Of course reality is not a lie, but people believe lies all the time.

In other words a US Democrat ....LOL!

Reactions: Francis Drake
Upvote 0