United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Watch out for self condemnation. You might be suffering that.

The Holy Spirit hasn't left you. Repent and get up and walk in His forgiveness. I struggle with self condemnation sometimes. I also (not so often) try to earn/deserve forgiveness. However, it is through God's grace we are forgiven. We are clothed in Christ's righteousness, not our own. Our own efforts would look like dirty rags when compared to God's holiness.

He drew you to Him when you were a sinner. Have faith and trust in His promises. Not in your own understanding of what is going on.

Hope something here helps. It is so much easier to obey Him, when you recognise that we can't earn it. We do it because we love Him and because our eyes are then fixed on Him not self

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I've spoken so many times on this I have no energy today. The others covered it, listen to them.
I will add just this: grieving the HS is not what you think it is and the very fact you are here asking is proof alone you haven't done it. Sometimes He is just quiet.

Upvote 0

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I was going through "None but the Hungry Heart" devotionals, and when I saw your question, I saw this in there:

“There are believers who need the reminder that deeper than mind and feeling and will, deeper than the soul, where these have their seat, in the depths of the renewed spirit, there comes, at re-birth, the Holy Spirit to dwell forever. His indwelling is there, first of all, and all through, to be recognized by faith. Even when I cannot see the least evidence of His working, I am quietly and reverently to believe that He dwells in me. In that faith I am restfully and trustfully to count upon His working, and to wait for it. In that faith I must very distinctly deny my own wisdom and strength, and in childlike self-abnegation depend upon Him to work."

I'm one of those believers who absolutely needs that reminder. And every feeling or thought that makes us think "I've fallen from grace", is supposed to make us WANT Christ and God's help more, instead of thinking that we're all alone, there is nothing left and that we should perform some magic rituals in order to get back somehow. I must believe that the old self is dead. Even if I'm still trying to do something (or everything) with my old self, with all its unbelief, with its hard-hearted and vain desperate efforts that don't lead anywhere.

If I give in to this thought: "God has left me, He has abandoned me, there is nothing left", and I have, it's unbearable. How could I go on? With each struggle, I've learned to just go to Christ, trust God to be good and gracious and absolute love, without believing any of my feelings that might tell me otherwise. I didn't perform any tricks to get His Spirit in the first place. He did it. I didn't earn it, did I? I don't get any of the glory. He doesn't give us scorpions when we ask for something good, and He'll be running towards us with open arms to meet His prodigal son. He'll find the lost sheep. He wants us to go to Him, He wants to heal us, He wants it. He wants the sinners, the broken-hearted, the weak-willed and those of little or no faith. He wants us so He can help us, mold us, and work through us.

If you think you're fallen from grace, if you think the Spirit has left you because of something you did or didn't do, then where does this yearning come from? This question "how to get back to Christ in fellowship", don't you think it's the Spirit working in you, drawing you closer to Christ, empowering you to approach Him as you are, removing every obstacle your mind can put in between you and Christ?

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,507.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I feel The Holy Spirit has left me, I don't understand really what's happening
Trust the Word of God, not your feelings. He promised to never leave you. Trust His promise.
Hebrews 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Follow this simple instruction.
Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.

8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

Upvote 0

LaSorcia

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I feel The Holy Spirit has left me, I don't understand really what's happening
It might feel like it, but that's not the truth. Trust the promises of God.
What can happen though is that you might not be able to feel or hear the Spirit like you once this. Some reasons for this is that God has told you to do something or change something in your life, and you are still working on that. Another possibility is that you have ignored your conscience. When we do that, we become spiritually hard of hearing. Also, you might just be having a time of rest. God doesn't continually try to make us grow; he knows what we can handle.
Have you tried asking God through prayer?

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
To think that you can do something once gaining the HS to now lose Him is to think you are powerful enough to Lose God. This is a lie from the pits of hell. Set your minds eye on Christ because He is more than a hope, you already have gained Him and have all spiritual blessings that go with Him. So live that way, so often we leave food on the table and walk away hungry, so to speak. If the Spirit is quiet He is probably being still but pointing His finger at Jesus Christ Crucified. So reach for Jesus, pray, thank Him, love Him because He first loved you. Put the devices away, pick up a paper and ink bible and have yourself a good old fashioned bible study. Pray and ask to be shown things from scripture.

"In the beginning there was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God". "And the Word took on flesh and dwelt among us". Can anyone else say WOW! I'm awe struck every time I go there. Forgive me my trespasses Lord for I have thought so small of you !

Upvote 0

this is not my name

Jan 9, 2019
Eagle River
✟17,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It isn't just a lack of feeling His presence. It felt like a terribly traumatic experience where life was ripped out of me. I am wondering if anyone has felt that before, and has come back. to Roseandthorns I would like to say, come to Jesus, He will forgive you, repent of your sins, just trust Him, and let Him lead you, then follow. He is able to get you to Him.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It isn't just a lack of feeling His presence. It felt like a terribly traumatic experience where life was ripped out of me. I am wondering if anyone has felt that before, and has come back. to Roseandthorns I would like to say, come to Jesus, He will forgive you, repent of your sins, just trust Him, and let Him lead you, then follow. He is able to get you to Him.

Could be a projection, don't believe it. These times we are in have many kinds of spirits projecting things into our minds. Trust The Word. Take your own advise quoted above !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By the way we have a lot of this going on in the forums, most often from someone brand new we never heard from before and sometimes never hear back from again. Gotta wonder why.

That's not fear mongering..

• Optimistic
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I feel this 100% you can see that from my precious posts. I've yet to find someone who feels exactly the same. Inbox me if you Want to talk I am in the same boat maybe we could pray and work out what's going on.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Also I would like to add... if we were truly evil there would no longer be any desire to help anyone even in our suffering. That's the Holy Spirit working telling us to be kind. You just told me that Jesus will help me.. well, Jesus will help you too we are just blind by our own suffering

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That's not fear mongering..
No it's an observation. And you are already past the stage I'm talking about fwiw. Some come here and run, literally post one or two posts today gone tomorrow. More to the point, there seems to be a lot of this going on out in the world, this idea of losing the HS and the other is losing salvation. With something that important on someone's mind you would think they would stick around to get some sort of closure to the issue. Right ?

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No I understand but for someone who is already experiencing that fear it is also going to excubberate the fear saying "here today gone tomorrow.. " That's also an observation. I understand what you are saying completely and I don't think from what I've read about it that we can commit it in this age. The Bible is referring to the pharasees seeing Jesus in person and attributing his Holy Spirit miracles to an unclean spirit which is the worst thing you could ever say because it's complete blasphemy. We cannot do such blasphemy today because it is not the age.. everything I have read or seen on this seems to say it is in the age to come because "this age" refers to when people were face to face with Jesus.

I had a terrible time where I was literally fearing God to the point where I felt like I was in my mind at least attributing him to a scary, angry, unkind God.. I realized after I apolagized for this it was actually deep guilt, self condemnation and feeling not good enough for Jesus.

I still fear I have lost the HS. I am almost certain I've grieved it deeply... which I am utter most remorseful for but I have to deal with the circumstances that I've gotten myself into.. my sin.. my consequences. Only Jesus will be able to resurrect our souls from our stupidity. Only Jesus can make the final say. Weither I have lost the Holy Spirit or not is Jesus say. I can't be certain of it at all.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God is LOVE PURE LOVE... it's our minds that get twisted. God is so forgiving that he gave his only SON. He let his son die so we could come back to him I can't think of anything in this age more loving than letting your own perfect son die..

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Rose, any chance of getting yourself into a good bible study ? You're on the right track, you need your assurance bolstered up. That isn't uncommon, at times we all do .
Meanwhile maybe you haven't heard this: <iframe width="645" height="363" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Upvote 0

Rosesandthorns

Dec 27, 2018
Wales
✟27,336.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am. I'm already in one and in my church I am learning more but the feeling of being without the Holy Spirit due to my own stupidity is still there it's very void and empty. If I don't ever feel that lovely feeling of the Holy Spirit again in this age I pray in the age to come Jesus can see I want to accept him fully, I am just struggling

• Prayers
Upvote 0