Can you eat more than 2 meal per day during partial fast?

Moses199

Oct 25, 2022
US
✟10,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a beginner to fasting and want to go slow to not stress myself out because i have anxiety and depression.

If i wake up 7am and fast until end time 7pm (night). Can i eat 2 meals before the morning sunrise to repeat the partial fast again for the next day?

EverydayBread
EverydayBread
. Because the Spirit and flesh work contrary to each other. Flesh desires food, so in fasting we don't eat, or at least not so much.......... But maybe if fasting gives you more anxiety or stress, you should maybe deal with those first, and when you are stronger, you could fast? But if you are already decided to fast, remember to pray during it, so you will be connected with Spirit....... ❤️
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a beginner to fasting and want to go slow to not stress myself out because i have anxiety and depression.

If i wake up 7am and fast until end time 7pm (night). Can i eat 2 meals before the morning sunrise to repeat the partial fast again for the next day?
Why are you fasting?

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟132,797.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟948,082.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Are you fasting for health or spiritual reasons? Why don’t you ease into the practice iand work towards your goal? You’ll have less stress and anxiety.

Elmer Townes has a helpful book on the subject. You may want to get it. He covers a lot.

~bella

Upvote 0
Nov 20, 2022
USA
✟15,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do intermittent fasting. My meal window is between 1 pm-5 pm. I don't find food very interesting to say the least. I eat because I have to. I follow no dietary plan. Not for weightless either. I simply stay away from sugar & junk food. I drink a lot of water & afternoon tea. (only things I drink) I use herbal medicine for health. Been doing this for a long time.

Upvote 0

Moses199

Oct 25, 2022
US
✟10,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you fasting for health or spiritual reasons? Why don’t you ease into the practice iand work towards your goal? You’ll have less stress and anxiety.

Elmer Townes has a helpful book on the subject. You may want to get it. He covers a lot.

~bella
I'm doing christian fasting for spiritual purpose to reduce my severe anxiety and suicidal thoughts. However fasting is stresfull so i'm afraid that it can make my anxiety and suicidal thoughts worse. Maybe i should do a semi-fast? (idk if that's correct name for it)

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In my opinion spiritual fasting can include the number of meals you eat. Or a span of time that you don't eat. Or limiting consumption to only a few things, like a water and juice fast. Or a any beverage, but bread only fast. It's whatever you decide to deprive the flesh of.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟70,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

They call it break fast because in the morning you are breaking 12 hours of fasting.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'm doing christian fasting for spiritual purpose to reduce my severe anxiety and suicidal thoughts. However fasting is stresfull so i'm afraid that it can make my anxiety and suicidal thoughts worse. Maybe i should do a semi-fast? (idk if that's correct name for it)

The Eastern Orthodox are arguably the most ardent fasters of any group of Christians. But one thing every Eastern Orthodox Christian I've spoken to on the subject has said when talking about fasting, is that if one isn't in good health they shouldn't fast. The very young, the very old, the sick, etc are exempt from the expectation of regular fasting (and there's a lot of regular fasting in Eastern Orthodoxy). That's because fasting shouldn't be harmful to yourself. If fasting is causing you harm, then you shouldn't be fasting.

And given your anxiety and depression, and that the fasting is making things worse for you, sounds like a good reason not to fast right now. Don't fast unless you can fast.

If you want lighter fasting, instead remove one or two kinds of food. For example, during the Lenten Season many give up meat and dairy. It's why Friday, a regular fast day, in the West has been described as "Fish Friday" because meat is given up, but fish isn't considered meat for traditional fasting purposes.

If you want to fast, try a lighter fast; but hurting yourself isn't good. Not only is it not good for you mentally and physically, it's not good spiritually either. Perhaps instead of fasting right now, you could try a prayer discipline without the fasting. A simple prayer discipline of praying the morning and evening prayers can do wonderful things. It can be as simple as you want, you could follow something like the Daily Office if you want, or you could simply take a moment to read a portion of Scripture and a few moments to pray and reflect on the Scripture reading.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I went down to 2 meals/day in 2019 to lose weight (for a whole year)
my schedule is different since up night/sleep morns

my first meal was dinner with family at 4 pm
my second meal would be at night
so I really didn't eat what would be considered breakfast or lunch

in between I drank decaf tea or decaf coffee which seemed to fill me up
I still do this....about 2-3 coffee when get up & 3-4 tea evening/night

I lost weight & am now normal weight

Reactions: Kees Boer
Upvote 0

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I always make sure i have at least 3 bowls every day. Without fail! If not, look out!
I love your little corgi!!! I'm a missionary in South America and can't have a corgi here. But I miss mine!!!

Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Kees Boer

Dec 14, 2021
Gainesville
Visit site
✟31,533.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I went down to 2 meals/day in 2019 to lose weight (for a whole year)
my schedule is different since up night/sleep morns

my first meal was dinner with family at 4 pm
my second meal would be at night
so I really didn't eat what would be considered breakfast or lunch

in between I drank decaf tea or decaf coffee which seemed to fill me up
I still do this....about 2-3 coffee when get up & 3-4 tea evening/night

I lost weight & am now normal weight
Were you on KETO/Low Carb too?

Upvote 0