Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Scripture is like the opening door...only the beginning.

Sort of. Without the Holy Spirit imparting to me the mind of Christ, Scripture is closed to me. I must already possess the mind of Christ (aka - the Holy Spirit) in order to understand the Truth that he is and has taught. I "open the door" with the key of the indwelling Spirit of God.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sort of. Without the Holy Spirit imparting to me the mind of Christ, Scripture is closed to me. I must already possess the mind of Christ (aka - the Holy Spirit) in order to understand the Truth that he is and has taught. I "open the door" with the key of the indwelling Spirit of God.
Yes, what I mean is that it is an infinite process. The mind of Christ is infinite.

• Agree
Reactions: aiki
Upvote 0

stevevw

inquisitive
Nov 4, 2013
Brisbane Qld Australia
✟247,072.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, at least something of it.

What woke me to this was my recent interest in classic novels and also music and art. They give us access into the minds of the authors. A novel, for example, has characters created by the author who then then puts his or her own thoughts and words into their mouths The more we read the more we get to knw the author, perhaps even better than their own family members.

The Gospels give us parables, words and actions attributed to Jesus. They give us access into his way of thinking, his mind, and a deeper realization of who he is. Today I was reading the Parable of the Prodigal Son. The image Jesus creates for us is one of a Father who overlooks the insults and stupidity of both of his sons. The reconciliation is all up to them. the Father freely welcomes them.

That is the way Jesus understands the Father and all we need for reconciliation. For a closer walk with Jesus we must read the Gospels and read them slowly, entering into them.
I recently watched the TV series "The Chosen". The producer said he tried to make it true to the Gospels but also took some liberties in adding some flesh to the characters and stories . IMO this made it real and humanized the characters which helped me get a greater insight into Jesus and his disciples.
This is so Powerful - The Chosen

I think this verse give us an idea of how we can come to know the mind of Jesus and therefore God. But I think its a journey and we gradually get a clearer picture of Gods Kingdom through living Christs examples.

1 Corinthians 13:12
For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

We are made in the image of God but we have also fallen. As Paul said from the moment we are saved we are progressively being transformed into the image of Christ.

2 Cor. 3:18
“And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit” (2 Cor. 3:18).

Last edited:
Upvote 0