Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Very important topic for all to understand.

Psalms 5:3 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
Psalms 5:4 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.
Psalms 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
Psalms 5:6 Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.

• Winner
Reactions: Mr. M

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Psalms 5:3 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
Psalms 5:4 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.
Psalms 5:5 The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
Psalms 5:6 Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
It is a deception to think God hates anyone. "For He so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son".
Blessings

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is a deception to think God hates anyone. "For He so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son".
Blessings
It is deceptive to say God does not considering His very Word states He does.

• Agree
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
with chronic, daily pain I have, it often seems to me that God hates me cause wouldn't he give me relief?
I am so sad to hear this. I can’t speak for God outside of His word. Though we do know He hates workers of iniquity because His very word tell us. We also know that while we yet sinners God died for the ungodly because He so loved the world. And that He is long suffering not willing that any should perish but that we would come to Him through Christ.

We are His children. Though He can’t stand us and being around us because of the bad choices and the ill they cause. He loves us with an everlasting love and with loving kindness draws us to Him. I pray you feel better. In the Name of Jesus be well.

• Friendly
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is deceptive to say God does not considering His very Word states He does.
Did God "hate Esau " ? No, yet scripture tells us He did.
Jesus Christ of Nazareth commands us to love one another regardless. We can not love our enemies unless God loves them first. He loves all His creation.
Thanks for sharing!
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your heavenly Father, for he makes his sun rise on the bad and the good, and causes rain to fall on the just and the unjust.”

• Winner
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Malachi 2:
Yet ye say, Wherefore? Because the Lord hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant.
15 And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal treacherously against the wife of his youth.
16 For the Lord, the God of Israel, says that he hates putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the Lord of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously.

"He hates putting away:"

This refers to the age old practice of wealthy, powerful men
dumping their wives for younger trophies. (see DJ Trump as
a present high profile example). This is widely overlooked in the proper comprehension of this narrative.

Matthew 19:3 The Pharisees also came unto him, tempting him, and saying unto him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife for every cause?
And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery.

If a high profile Christian in particular, who has received wealth and fame puts away his wife for a younger woman,
he should know that this is something that the Lord hates
to a degree you do not want to explore. Why do you think
unfaithfulness and adultery are used to explain how God
feels about those who brazenly and publicly flaunt His Covenant?

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
On what authority are you saying He didn't when the scriptures say otherwise? The reason this is hard for some to comprehend is because their knowledge is limited to the narrative of Genesis. The reason God hates Esau is because
they celebrated the fall of Jerusalem to the Chaldeans, and the destruction of the Lord's sanctuary. "Esau" represents the nation of Edom.

Psalm 137:7 Remember, O Lord, the children of Edom on the day of Jerusalem; who said, Raze it, Raze it, even to the foundation thereof.

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
Because you have rejected knowledge,
I also will reject you from being priest for Me;
Because you have forgotten the law of your God,
I also will forget your children.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
On what authority are you saying He didn't when the scriptures say otherwise? The reason this is hard for some to comprehend is because their knowledge is limited to the narrative of Genesis. The reason God hates Esau is because
they celebrated the fall of Jerusalem to the Chaldeans, and the destruction of the Lord's sanctuary. "Esau" represents the nation of Edom.

Psalm 137:7 Remember, O Lord, the children of Edom on the day of Jerusalem; who said, Raze it, Raze it, even to the foundation thereof.

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.
Because you have rejected knowledge,
I also will reject you from being priest for Me;
Because you have forgotten the law of your God,
I also will forget your children.
If God prefers one person over another, biblical writers may say that God loves the one and hates the other, although God cannot hate any person. I guess some study on "hate" in scripture? I know God hates no one so I have come to the conclusion, through a bit of study and clarification , that " hate" is used to contrast preference rather than its literal meaning in some cases. Of course God hates sin however the sinner is a whole different story circiling back to " God so loved the world".
Blessings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus Christ of Nazareth commands us to love one another regardless. We can not love our enemies unless God loves them first. He loves all His creation.
Thanks for sharing!
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your heavenly Father, for he makes his sun rise on the bad and the good, and causes rain to fall on the just and the unjust.”
As was explained elsewhere. We have a box we seem to want to put everything into and yet ignore the very reasoning it comes from. Our minds. God explicitly states that He hates the workers of iniquity. There is no way around that.

But as I have wayward child. In which They have reached a point in there life where their choices have and continue to cause harm to themselves and all those who are in their sphere. Yet they still refuse to repent. Their very presence has reached a point that it disturbs me, I can’t stand being around them because of the harm they are still doing. My body tells me through the way they make me feel that I hate them. I can’t stand being around them. But in the same instances there is nothing I would not do to save them because they are dear to me. I love them and can not help it but despise their presence because of what they are presently. God hates the workers of iniquity. There is no way around that. For His Word tell us this. But in the same instance there is nothing He wouldn’t do to save them. For He is long suffering toward us, not willing any should perish.But that we would repent and turn to Him in Christ. So He would work in us both to will and do His good pleasure

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another example of "hate":
Luke 14:26-27:
If anyone comes to me without hating his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple.”
Is Jesus Christ of Nazareth commanding us to hate our family? No. The disciple’s family must take second place to the absolute dedication involved in following Jesus.
Blessings

• Winner
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As was explained elsewhere. We have a box we seem to want to put everything into and yet ignore the very reasoning it comes from. Our minds. God explicitly states that He hates the workers of iniquity. There is no way around that.

But as I have wayward child. In which They have reached a point in there life where their choices have and continue to cause harm to themselves and all those who are in their sphere. Yet they still refuse to repent. Their very presence has reached a point that it disturbs me, I can’t stand being around them because of the harm they are still doing. My body tells me through the way they make me feel that I hate them. I can’t stand being around them. But in the same instances there is nothing I would not do to save them because they are dear to me. I love them and can not help it but despise their presence because of what they are presently. God hates the workers of iniquity. There is no way around that. For His Word tell us this. But in the same instance there is nothing He wouldn’t do to save them. For He is long suffering toward us, not willing any should perish.But that we would repent and turn to Him in Christ. So He would work in us both to will and do His good pleasure
Thanks for sharing !

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If God prefers one person over another, biblical writers may say that God loves the one and hates the other, although God cannot hate any person. I guess some study on "hate" in scripture? I know God hates no one so I have come to the conclusion, through a bit of study and clarification , that " hate" is used to contrast preference rather than its literal meaning in some cases. Of course God hates sin however the sinner is a whole different story circiling back to " God so loved the world".
Blessings.
God states explicitly that He hates the workers of iniquity. He can’t and won’t be around them. But at the same time Christ died for the ungodly. Not willing that any should perish but would come to Him.
He still loves us because He is love. But He hates us and our very existence while we chose sin

If anyone comes to me without hating his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple.”
Is Jesus Christ of Nazareth commanding us to hate our family? No. The disciple’s family must take second place to the absolute dedication involved in following Jesus.
Blessings
Yes we hate for God hates. It is a reaction to their state. One who is in Christ Jesus will no be able to control their disdain for those who ignore Him. But at the same instance they are there through the Love of God working through His Spirit of Love to bring them to Christ.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God states explicitly that He hates the workers of iniquity. He can’t and won’t be around them. But at the same time Christ died for the ungodly. Not willing that any should perish but would come to Him.
He still loves us because He is love. But He hates us and our very existence while we chose sin

Yes we hate for God hates. It is a reaction to their state. One who is in Christ Jesus will no be able to control their disdain for those who ignore Him. But at the same instance they are there through the Love of God working through His Spirit of Love to bring them to Christ.
Thanks for sharing but I don't subscribe to God's hatred towards the sinner just the sin.
God bless !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟377,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for sharing but I don't subscribe to God's hatred towards the sinner just the sin.
God bless !
Then you ignore Him and His Word. You only state what you say because you have no argument within the passages given other than to try to explain them away. Sorry they say what they say.

For God has said He hates the workers of iniquity and abhors the bloody and deceitful man.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Blessings.
That would be the logical pursuit based on the
knowledge of good and evil
from an earthborn perspective.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
If God prefers one person over another, biblical writers may say that God loves the one and hates the other, although God cannot hate any person.
This is not about a person at all, as I already pointed out,
Esau represents the nation of Edom. The Lord is King
and Judge of Nations.

Psalm 43:1 Vindicate me, O God,
And plead my cause against an ungodly nation;
Oh, deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man!

Does that mean that the Lord is not able to bring deliverance
to His Father's people: the afflicted, the oppressed, the orphan, the widow; out of every nation?
God is Able.

Jeremiah 12:
Thus says the Lord: Against all My evil neighbors who touch the inheritance which I have caused My people Israel to inherit—behold, I will pluck them out of their land and pluck out the house of Judah from among them.
15 Then it shall be, after I have plucked them out, that I will return and have compassion on them and bring them back, everyone to his heritage and everyone to his land.
16 And it shall be, if they will learn carefully the ways of My people, to swear by My name, ‘As the Lord lives,’ as they taught My people to swear by Baal, then they shall be established in the midst of My people.
17 But if they do not obey, I will utterly pluck up and destroy that nation,” says the Lord.

The Lord's hatred towards Edom is precisely equivalent to the hatred they have shown towards
the Lord's heritage. This is sound Biblical principles.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Blessings
Really not applicable. You would only hate a family member
to the extent that they oppose the Truth. It is intuitively
obvious that the One who invented family did not come
to destroy frivilously. You must consider the audience whenever Jesus teaches. Here He is instructing the apostles on the demands of discipleship and leadership.
Did not Peter abandon his wife and family for a season
to walk with Christ? And yet later they were reunited.
This has nothing to do with how the Lord feels towards
the workers of Lawlessness.

Reactions: Jesus is YHWH
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Love without grace lacks expression. God expresses love thru His grace but is grace granted to everyone, no. Only those who accept it. Those who don't remain as His enemies. Does He hate His enemies? Are we to hate His enemies except in the spiritual? I think those are the questions to ask.

Upvote 0