Can the devil attack in your dreams/sleep?

Sign Of The Fish Burger

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2003
✟58,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Here is the basic general of the story... alot has been going on in my life.. and i havent gotten a decent nights sleep in at least 2 weeks. So I had a mid term today, and last night I really prayed and asked God to allow me to have a good nights sleep because I knew if I didnt, that I would be useless durring my mid term today.

But about 230am this morning... I had a horrible dream and the devil was very much a part of it. And I woke up, and alas didnt fall abck asleep till about 530am this morning.

ANd this isnt the first time that I feel the presence of satan in my dreams. It has happend at least 2 other times that I can vividly remember.

Whatd o you guys think about this? Because I am nto really sure....

needless to say I am pretty sure I bombed my midterm today because I was so exhausteed....

desper84unity

Jul 31, 2003
✟352.00
Faith
Christian
Dear Sign of the Fish:

Well, just a hunch, but if I were in your shoes, I would go to private Doc about this worry you have.

Most dreams are just dreams. But frequent bad dreams are a significant problem, especially if they worry you and making you not able to sleep well.

Even some effects like, finding yourself not able to move in your dreams, and waking up struggling about it are completely normal. However, if you get that a lot, and it freightens you so that you worry about falling asleep, see a doctor.

I have had interruption in my sleep, and seeming struggles with devil like creatures, but I always woke up and they went away. When they go away, when you wake up they are just dreams.

If however, the struggle, and actual weird things like things flying around the room, and strange lights in the room after a few seconds of being awake...those might be real manifestations of the dark world. But they can't really hurt you, your protected by God.

The easiest thing to do when troubled by a suspect devil is to just say "NO"!
The devil and his cohorts can't stand resistance, they will flee.

Then the next thing, if the demons are still there after a few seconds of being awake, say "Jesus" or "Jesus Christ". or "Jesus, come save me!" Or sometimes, just say "I am a child of God, get out of here!" They will leave.

But like I said, my gut feeling is that you should go and relate your concerns to a christian pysch. If the psych seems inept, get another christian one.

I will pray for you in the next few seconds.

Take care.

Upvote 0

1John5:3

Oct 12, 2003
Visit site
✟610.00
Faith
Christian
There is more to getting a good night sleep than good luck or a special blessing by God.

He gave us all 24 hours a day. The way we treat ourselves (physically, mentally, emotionally) during that 24 hour period may well have an effect on how well we sleep at night. Among other things, I suggest not eating for a few hours before going to bed. Exercise is helpful, too.

May God bless us all as we learn how to get a good night's sleep!

James 4:7
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

2 Corinthians 10
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds)
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Jesus wants to be Lord not only of our hours awake, but of our sleeping hours, too, doesn't He?

Upvote 0
I see it this way because the same happens to me, except not in dreams, he will literally attack me i when I am a sleep, sometimes I get up and have to come against him with the weapons God has given me, sometimes I just lay there and let him get frustrated, and l lay in the peace of God knowing Jesus is taking care of me, and then you can see it this way to count it a blessing because hes attacking you when you sleep it wasnt enough for him to attack you when your awake, this means you have a great call on your life and hes trying to discourage you every way he can, he knows your going to be used by God powerfully thats why hes doing everything he can to stop you from fullfilling gods purpose for your life,stay the course and be happy the devil sees you important enough to attack you in your sleep, sweet it just means your getting closer to Jesus, everytime you get closer to Jesus you can expect this to happen, just relax and let god take care of the devil when you sleep, he will protect you your his child..the devil knows his times up thats why hes on a full flegged attack against the children of God,hes trying every means to try to stop christians from moving in Gods power and to try to keep us from getting closer to Jesus.. hope this helps sis in christ..

Upvote 0

MsAnne

:)
Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
✟12,333.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
My daughter struggled with terrible nightmares for awhile. It became very clear it was a spiritual attack.
We prayed for protection, asked the Holy Spirit for comfort, took authority over anything that should not be there, and prayed for peace. She was able to wake up from the nightmares, pray immediately, and was able to go back to sleep with peace. This took a few weeks, but the nightmares dwindled until they eventully left completely.

I am so sorry she had to experience such a frightening thing, but through that she learned for herself about spiritual warfare. Since that time she has been able to recognize, confront, and pray through other attacks. She is a much stonger young lady for it.

I would humbly (yet strongly) suggest you ask the Lord for wisdom and guidance in this time. Ask Him for His love and protection before you fall asleep. I'll be praying for you as well.

Write again and let us know how you're doing.

Upvote 0

Phoebe

TwoBrickShyOfAFullLoad
Aug 22, 2002
Iowa
Visit site
✟19,524.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I don't see why satan wouldn't do that.

Lack of sleep can make for an angry person. Angry people have more trouble letting their light shine before others.

However, it would be a good idea to rule out other causes for nightmares. If they become a big problem, talk to your pastor or your doctor about the problem. Things that don't appear to bother us in the light of day can manifest themselves in our sleep.

Upvote 0

Sign Of The Fish Burger

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2003
✟58,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
See whenever it happens, I always pray and pray adn I am usually sooooo scared, and I pray and pray and I still feel scared adn I still feel like there is a presence of darkness in the room... I will even get this sometime right before I gfall asleep too :(

Upvote 0