Can someone be Charismatic and believe the Bible has errors?

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You have to go to the original language if you want to understand the Bible. A lot is lost in translation. God watches over His word to perform and what HE says HE will do. I personally believe HE watches over the KJV.
It is interesting how people view the original languages, because most people is them as a TOOL For deeper understanding of the context of what was written and don’t know the original language itself.

There are many tools online which will give you a verse in the original language and then the coordinating verse in English.

If your interested I can show you how. Let me know.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I know one such website, but don't want to waste time learning a language that serves no purpose in life. All I need are explanations of the process to decide why is a bat listed as a bird and stuff like that when it is translated into modern English. If I had to learn a second language it would be ASL.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What about bats being on the list of birds we can't eat, despite the fact they have fur instead of feathers?

The truth is something special. Moses was ahead of his time.

First of all, Christians can eat anything (Mark 7:18-20; Acts 10:9-16; 1 Tim. 4:3-4). It was the Old Testament Jews who where forbidden from eating certain animals.

Moses specifically forbade the Israelites to eat bats (Leviticus 11:19). The wisdom of this instruction is demonstrated by the fact that bats often carry rabies. While it is true that many animals are susceptible to rabies, bats are especially so.

Moses’ instruction to avoid bats coincides perfectly with modern research so again we see that this is NOT a mistake but instead is a blessing from God to protect His people.

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For the Bible to say they sowed leaves together is mostly a lack of understanding of the language used in the Bible.
Yes, but then:
"And the LORD God made for Adam and for his wife garments of skins and clothed them."

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Major, how in the world did you miss my point? I specifically pointed out bats can't be mistaken for birds. (All mammals have hair and all birds have feathers.) So if the Bible has no mistakes, why aren't bats on a list of mammals we can't eat?

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Major, how in the world did you miss my point? I specifically pointed out bats can't be mistaken for birds. (All mammals have hair and all birds have feathers.) So if the Bible has no mistakes, why aren't bats on a list of mammals we can't eat?
In ancient times, what animal classification existed?

While we now classify bats as mammals, did they understand that back then? A flying animal was probably a bird...fur or feathers.

A swimming creature with fins was a fish. They probably considered a whale to be a fish.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Please see comment #47.

God wrote this before man categorized bat as mammal .

ALL mammals do not have hair my friend. First thing I thought of was a Dolphin.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Please see comment #47.

God wrote this before man categorized bat as mammal .

ALL mammals do not have hair my friend. First thing I thought of was a dolphin.

Whales and dolphins are born with some hair, which later falls out and is not replaced. That is enough for the definition of mammals to include hair.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There are two different covenants.

The Old Covenant and the New Covenant.

We are not under the Old Covenant, so why are you making the Old Covenant relevant to today?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is enough for the definition of mammals to include hair.
There was no classification of "mammal", and in ancient times that concept was not understood as we understand it now.

• Agree
Reactions: charsan
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
There are two different covenants.

The Old Covenant and the New Covenant.

We are not under the Old Covenant, so why are you making the Old Covenant relevant to today?

I am just talking about bats being listed as birds. How do you still not get that? God knows what animals with fur, middle ear bones, a single jaw bone, and mammary glands are because He made them. So I am not sure why Moses called a mammal species a bird.

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am just talking about bats being listed as birds. How do you still not get that?
We get it and tried to explain it to you. Why do you not get that?

Even as late as the 7th century (CE, or AD...whatever you want to call it), Bishop Isidore of Seville described bats as "a bat, unlike other birds, is a flying quadruped, resembling a mouse."

"In the Torah, anything birdlike is classified as ohf - including bats. This is not a scientific error, just a different system of language." Rationalist Judaism: That's Bats!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It would be considered a scientific error in any other book today. The Bible is an exception to the rule.
That's because the bible is not a science book, and is not intended to be one. Even though some insist everything we need to know about science is "in the bible".

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If the Bible was originally written in English, do you think it would have the scientifically correct words for six epochs and flying animals? I understand Hebrew did not have a million words to separate time periods and creatures with wings.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OK I thought you guys were saying bats are food now and ignoring the taxonomy argument.

It would be considered a scientific error in any other book today. The Bible is an exception to the rule.

That is exactly what we have been telling you. Therefore, there are no mistakes in the Bible, just a lack of understanding.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If the Bible was originally written in English, do you think it would have the scientifically correct words for six epochs and flying animals? I understand Hebrew did not have a million words to separate time periods and creatures with wings.

"IF" has no meaning here in this discussion. The Bible was written by men who knew Hebrew and Greek at the time.

It was understood correctly by all people who wanted to know.

The Bible is not a science textbook, it is accurate when it mentions matters of science.

Upvote 0

Student of Yah

Sep 24, 2019
colorado springs
✟3,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
we can prove today the KJV Bible has been tampered with. the Original Manuscripts in Aramaic and Greek, which were translated into the Latin Vulgate, ALL claim 1 John 5:6-8 these Verses speak ONLY of Our Lord and Savior Yeshua (Jesus).
^
but the KJV Bible adds the "Trinity" idea to where the Originals ONLY SPEAK about Yeshua!!

Let's look at the Isaiah for example:
written in 100% Hebrew/Aramaic (ative languages) some 1,200 before the Language of Latin Vulgate ever EXISTED, but the "Latin Vulgate Word (that had not been INVENTED YET when Isaiah was writing his Book) "LUCIFER" is found in the Book of Isaiah.

the devils name IS NOT Lucifer!!

the original Hebrew NEVER NAMED THE DEVIL, AND YESHUA IN HS NATIVE TONGUE OF ARAMAIC CALLED THE DEVIL, THE ADVERSARY...

so, how are you REALLY BINDING and CASTING OUT Satan-Lucifer-Devil when that seriously and honestly and factually IS NOT his name?

peeps wonder why the Adversary SEEMS to be always in their way and stealing their victories. they haven't properly removed him because they are not CALLING HIM by his REAL NAME!!

He is "The Adversary" to Our God!! and ultimately, he is our Adversary!!

Upvote 0

Student of Yah

Sep 24, 2019
colorado springs
✟3,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
i was raised Pentecostal, my Grandfather was an evangelist and taught in Seminaries and Bible based Universities from Texas, Oklahoma, to Florida.

He was Presbyter of the Assemblies of the Lord Jesus Christ and co-founder with G.T. Haywood (wrote the song "i see a Crimson Stream of Blood that flows down Calvary).

if this will post, when you hit PLAY, it will begin at the 1:12 mark (if not just go to 1:12 mark and hit pause).
FAR LEFT, the short JEW, that is my Grandfather :)

GT Haywood is the Man in Center and Closest to your camera view (man in white shirt) :)

anyways, we have always known the Bible had errors, but not enough to take away from God being God. and it is a relief now having the original Manuscripts to clarify now when i can obviously see something not as it should be.

Upvote 0