New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
I feel bad because I did not get caught. For example, if I went and did Graffiti, I would feel bad because they did not catch me. That is what I mean "paid."
You were a MINOR when you “committed graffiti”. (Anyway, what’s wrong with graffiti? It’s as ancient an artwork as ever performed, and can be breathtakingly gorgeous. I have seen absolutely beautiful graffiti. )

• Agree
Reactions: DonCania
Upvote 0

Choco143

Sep 8, 2019
USA
✟9,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
You were a MINOR when you “committed graffiti”. (Anyway, what’s wrong with graffiti? It’s as ancient an artwork as ever performed, and can be breathtakingly gorgeous. I have seen absolutely beautiful graffiti. )
Hah, I wish it was graffiti! Only an example. I was a shoplifter, underage drinker, and a smoker. I wish I would have been raised in a Christian home. I am thankful to be saved now!

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
In fact, I see graffiti as a very raw, real, artwork, and a diary of sorts. It’s actually fascinating.

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
Hah, I wish it was graffiti! Only an example. I was a shoplifter, underage drinker, and a smoker. I wish I would have been raised in a Christian home. I am thankful to be saved now!
Well, did you do graffiti or didn’t you?

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I was in the wrong crowd and got drug into crime. This would include smoking, stealing, and drinking. I never paid the price.
If you were dragged into crime and never paid the price - I think you may mean getting arrested and paying the legal penalty for the crime - then what can be done now to fix it? God is not the civil police force so it is not God who would arrest you and if you stole things then I suppose you could repay the value of what you took, maybe plus some to cover any losses associated with what was stolen. But none of that is about forgiveness and God's mercy. If you feel guilty then you can make amends but aside from that nothing can be done to undo the past.

• Agree
Reactions: DonCania
Upvote 0

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I am new here and do not know where to place this.
Christ saved me about a year ago. I know that I am saved, and forgiven of all of my sins. Yet, as a teenager, I was in the wrong crowd and got drug into crime. This would include smoking, stealing, and drinking. I never paid the price.
As an adult, I continuously feel like God will not forgive me unless I confess against the people I committed the crimes against and pay the price. I went to a local police officer that I know, who also happens to be a pastor, and confessed what I did. He said that Jesus paid my debt and that I should move on. But how? I did not pay. He said Jesus paid.
Am I being sinful by not confessing? I just feel so dirty. I was only a teenager, but I was still rebellious.
i think if you confess to the Almighty that He will take care of the rest.

• Agree
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Choco143

Sep 8, 2019
USA
✟9,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
If you were dragged into crime and never paid the price - I think you may mean getting arrested and paying the legal penalty for the crime - then what can be done now to fix it? God is not the civil police force so it is not God who would arrest you and if you stole things then I suppose you could repay the value of what you took, maybe plus some to cover any losses associated with what was stolen. But none of that is about forgiveness and God's mercy. If you feel guilty then you can make amends but aside from that nothing can be done to undo the past.
Okay, I just did not know if it would be sinful to just "move on."

Upvote 0

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟101,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Christ saved me about a year ago. I know that I am saved, and forgiven of all of my sins. Yet, as a teenager, I was in the wrong crowd and got drug into crime. This would include smoking, stealing, and drinking. I never paid the price.
As an adult, I continuously feel like God will not forgive me unless I confess against the people I committed the crimes against and pay the price. I went to a local police officer that I know, who also happens to be a pastor, and confessed what I did. He said that Jesus paid my debt and that I should move on. But how? I did not pay. He said Jesus paid.
Am I being sinful by not confessing? I just feel so dirty. I was only a teenager, but I was still rebellious.
Hello. From reading your post, I would say you are a bit double-minded in your thoughts about forgiveness. You say, "I know that I am saved, and forgiven of all my sins." Then you say, "I continuously feel like God will not forgive me ..." Well, do you believe you are forgiven or not? The truth is that you were forgiven of all your sins before you were born. The Bible says, "in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:19)." The police officer is correct. Your debt is paid. The guilt and condemnation you are feeling are not from God (Hebrews 10:22; Romans 8:1), they are from you not believing God has forgiven you. That is why Paul said, "We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God (2 Corinthians 5:20)." In other words, you are forgiven! Stop holding sins against yourself that God is not holding against you and approach Him with confidence in your time of need (Hebrews 4:16). If you are feeling led to seek the forgiveness of those you hurt with your crimes, you may need to try and find them after all these years. Although, I think that is an exercise in futility. Those people may not be easy to find and may or may not be open to talking to you. But, that is something you need to work out with the Lord. But, remember, He is not holding your sins against you. Don't hold yours against yourself. Just recognize your sins, learn from them, and help others who may be experiencing something similar to you. Grace and Peace.

• Agree
Reactions: saved24
Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
Chico... shoplifting, underage drinking, and smoking are things that most teenagers probably have done at some point, whether they are Christian or not Christian. It’s a PHASE. People go through sooooo many phases from infancy till death and who could possibly know beyond that?

Did you hurt anyone other than yourself when you in your rebellious phase?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
No, I did not. I wish I was that artistic.
I find it puzzling that you wish you were artistic enough to commit the crime of graffiti, a crime you didn’t actually commit. What’s up with that?
May i ask what would happen now if it was the other way around? A teenager stole something from you years ago and found his way back to God.

Would you want to make them pay for it legally now, which may include a record or jail time?

Would you want them to feel guilty about it the rest of their life?

Would you show forgivness to them?
May i ask what would happen now if it was the other way around? A teenager stole something from you years ago and found his way back to God.

Would you want to make them pay for it legally now, which may include a record or jail time?

Why on earth would you think Chico’s victims would not be forgiving?

Upvote 0

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed

We’ll, duh. Wouldn’t you?

Upvote 0

Chris35

May 27, 2018
Melbourne
✟53,653.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Of course i would, however I didnt point that out for me, but for him to understand, I believe he would forgive them as we all would.

However he needs to come to the conclusion himself, so he needs to ask himself those questions.

If he can forgive them, well then why cant he forgive himself?

Dont worry Chico you have been forgiven, and if you still feel guilty about it, there will be many opportunities for you to forgive others, as we all have done wrong one way or another. If there was no forgivness, most of us would probably be in jail.

All we can do is thank God for his mercy and forgivness and forgive others, as God forgives us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

What did you steal, exactly?

Upvote 0