Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It is surely ok to ask but God's soverign will decides who will hit the number. He has created the laws of averages and physics for that purpose.

I will pray for you too, but if your lottery ticket purchases start cutting into to far into your budget, it could be considered gambling. I saw a guy at the gas station who was buying lottery tickets 50-100 at a time. I didn't see him getting much of anything back for his trouble. When you fill up your tank get a couple of your favorite scratchers. Hitting the number is near impossible and I have seen some real scumbags hit their number so I don't think that being more or less devout will get your number called.

At least with a scratcher, there is some type of game involved, not just a number and a prayer. My mom plays the number once in a while using her kids birth dates. If that hits then I do think it's a God thing. I just wouldn't expect to hit it because I prayed. You might end up blaming God for NOT winning. That would be a shame and I'm not saying that you would but this lottery is like a drug for some people. They figure "as long as I have a number out there I have a chance" rather than have 0 chance for not playing at least they have one chance in a billion or whatever it is. But somebody has to win right? Why not you?

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can I ask God to make me hit lottery?
And I promise to give money to Charity NGO, to Churches.
Is that ok?
:)
"be content with such things as you have" > in Hebrews 13:5.

God wants you.

"'In your seed all the nations shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.'" (Genesis 22:18)

With God, we can do more than any amount of money can do. God's word is His money which can accomplish all which God Himself is able to dream >

"'So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.'"
(Isaiah 55:11)

Upvote 0

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟117,736.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
According to the scripture it is permissible, all things are permissible, I sometimes buy a lottery ticket when there is a huge jackpot like 1 billion dollars. I have have it in my heart that if I ever won the lottery I would just start traveling the country making donations to churches and schools.
Is that ok?

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If one wants to eat, they should go out & work. God will bless the work of our hands. Start some side hustles if you can but dont expect money to just show up like that.

I do post about the lottery myself, but that's just how I pass time & joke sometimes.. However it appears, certain brethren get vexed about my lottery jokes, I wonder why...

As children of God, let's go out to work & we will be fine.. As long as we're not begging, then we should be alright.. Pray maybe for wisdom & ideas on how you can make money, if that's what you're after. God's children must do something with their hands other..

Playing Lottery can be addictive too, so it's probably best to stay away from it... See verse below:

1 Corinthians 10 verse 23

23 "All things are lawful," but not all things are helpful. "All things are lawful," but not all things build up. 23 You say, “I am allowed to do anything” —but not everything is good for you. You say, “I am allowed to do anything”—but not everything is beneficial.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Nov 21, 2022
Atlanta
✟16,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is surely ok to ask but God's soverign will decides who will hit the number. He has created the laws of averages and physics for that purpose.

I will pray for you too, but if your lottery ticket purchases start cutting into to far into your budget, it could be considered gambling. I saw a guy at the gas station who was buying lottery tickets 50-100 at a time. I didn't see him getting much of anything back for his trouble. When you fill up your tank get a couple of your favorite scratchers. Hitting the number is near impossible and I have seen some real scumbags hit their number so I don't think that being more or less devout will get your number called.

At least with a scratcher, there is some type of game involved, not just a number and a prayer. My mom plays the number once in a while using her kids birth dates. If that hits then I do think it's a God thing. I just wouldn't expect to hit it because I prayed. You might end up blaming God for NOT winning. That would be a shame and I'm not saying that you would but this lottery is like a drug for some people. They figure "as long as I have a number out there I have a chance" rather than have 0 chance for not playing at least they have one chance in a billion or whatever it is. But somebody has to win right? Why not you?
It seems like the Holy Spirit is speaking through you. I agree with 'He has created the laws of averages and physics for that purpose.' And I'd like to add that if you don't win, there's no need to be too disappointed. It's important to believe that the victory goes to the one who needs it the most at that moment. After all, everything in this life happens for a reason.

Upvote 0
Nov 21, 2022
Atlanta
✟16,427.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟2,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Is that ok?
I am with Rturner. There is nothing wrong per se w/ playing (why do they call it playing?) but if you spend more money on that than, say, helping the needy, there could be a big problem w/ God.

And I need to take that advice also. Sometimes I am just too focused on unimportant things like that.

Upvote 0

packermann

Nov 30, 2003
Northwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL
✟45,845.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Republican
Is that ok?
Our Lord gave us how to pray. Give us this day our daily bread. Any more than that we should just ask for His will be done.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Is that ok?
The lottery is essentially a tax on people who didn't do well at math. If you're going to ask God to make you win the lottery, then you should also ask God to help you to find the winning lottery ticket that no one is missing, so that way you're not throwing away money. However, winning the lottery is often not all that it is cracked up to be, such as if you look at the lives of people before they won the lottery and compare it to their lives 5 or 10 years later, it is often not a pretty picture. It has ended poorly for people even when they had the best intentions to give the money away.

Last edited:
Reactions: childeye 2
Upvote 0