Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Video Talk

Psalms 118:5-9,14-15 ESV

“Out of my distress I called on the Lord;
the Lord answered me and set me free.
The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.
What can man do to me?
The Lord is on my side as my helper;
I shall look in triumph on those who hate me.
“It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in man.
It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in princes.
“The Lord is my strength and my song;
he has become my salvation.
Glad songs of salvation
are in the tents of the righteous.”

Should we put our trust in other humans? What do the Scriptures say about that? We are not to put our trust in princes, in human beings, who cannot save. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes. God’s pleasure and his delight is not in the legs of a warrior. Our faith is not to rest on the wisdom of men, but on the power of God. The wisdom of this world is foolishness before God. So, let no one boast in men. You were bought with a price; do not become slaves of men. If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a bond-servant of Christ. And more…

Trust in man: [Psalms 146:3; Psalms 118:9; Isaiah 40:23; Hosea 8:4; Hosea 13:10; Psalms 147:10-11; Jeremiah 17:5-61; Corinthians 2:1-5; 1 Corinthians 3:1-9,18-23; 1 Corinthians 7:23; Galatians 1:10; Galatians 2:12; Ephesians 4:14-16; Ephesians 6:5-8; Colossians 2:8,20-23; Colossians 3:23-24; 1 Thessalonians 2:3-8; 1 Peter 4:1-5; 2 Peter 3:17-18]

Instead, the Lord is to be our strength. He is to be the one in whom we should place our absolute and total trust. And if our trust is in the Lord, and if he is truly Lord (Owner-Master) of our lives, and so we are walking in obedience to his commands, and we are following him wherever he leads us, then when life kicks us hard, which it will, and when other humans reject and persecute us, which they will, we can know the Lord is on our side, and so we have no reason to fear what other humans might do to us. For the Lord is our helper, and so we can live in victory over our enemies.

Now, there are many voices speaking to us in this world. We have government heads, and people running for political office, and people of renown, and famous people, and the news media, and pastors, preachers, and evangelists, as well as those who are purportedly putting out “Christian” literature, videos, movies, and TV shows, and the like, who are all trying to convince us of something, or they are trying to get us to follow them. But should we listen to them? Should we follow them? We should never put our blind trust in any human being, but we should test them all.

Why? Because there are so many liars and deceivers in this world of ours. Lying is so commonplace now, even among those professing faith in Jesus Christ. It is socially acceptable even within the gatherings of the church. And even some (or many) pastors of “churches” here in America are being trained in marketing tricks, schemes, and manipulations, in order to draw in large crowds of people from the world, in order to get people to do what they want them to do, and in order to silence those who are not accepting of their marketing schemes and who are speaking the truth of God’s Word.

So, don’t believe everything anyone says. It doesn’t matter who they are. Just because so and so said it doesn’t mean it is the truth. Remember that Satan’s servants disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Remember what the Scriptures teach us about liars and deceivers and wolves in sheep’s clothing. Just because he looks like a sheep doesn’t mean he (or she) is one. Don’t make other humans your gods and/or your saviors. Learn to test everything you read or hear or think you see in prayer and against the Scriptures in context. And make God the Lord your trust!!

Test Them All: [Matthew 7:15-23; Matthew 24:11-14; John 10:1-15; 2 Peter 2:1-22; 1 Timothy 1:3-7; 1 Timothy 6:3-10; 2 Timothy 3:1-9; 1 John 4:1-6; Jude 1:1-25]

Caution: This link may contain ads

Mighty in Power

An Original Work / June 17, 2019

Jesus, our Savior, reigneth forever;
Mighty in power, His name we honor.
He’s our refuge from all evil.
God our righteous, He’s our fill.
He satisfies us with all His blessings.
We magnify Him. Our praise to Him sing.

Glory and honor, praise to the Father,
Perfect in wisdom, He is our vision.
He delivered us from all sin
So, in Christ, we’d be forgiven.
He purifies us. His love will guide us.
He is beside us, holy and righteous.

Our Holy Spirit, comfort in sorrow,
Strength in our weakness, hope for tomorrow.
He gives courage to be bold in
Witnessing for Jesus Christ.
He teaches all things about our Savior.
New life in Jesus, we found His favor.