Can human interpretations of the word of God be in error?

GBTG

Nov 2, 2017
Luverne
✟14,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is the common problem ~

If you are soaking up Gods Word, by hearing, reading, studying, and then ASKING GOD FOR HIS SPIRITUAL UNDERSTANDING and receiving it in your HEART, it is then, what you can know is true.

God Bless,
SBC

What if your "truth" is different from my "truth", does this make God fallible? Or is one of us wrong, if so how do you know which? Many people on this forum spend many hours doing exactly as you describe above, but come to different "truths"!

Warm regards, GBTG

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟823,617.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christians commonly say the word of God is true and it never changes. This is true.

But then they espouse their particular doctrines which collide with those of others.

How can we know whether our particular interpretations are true without falling back on the idiotic statement: "God said it, I believe it, that settles it".

Certainly the Nicene Creed and the Trinity are true. There is no dispute with that.

Gods word is true and is useful for every aspect of the Christian life. Obedience to what God commands in scripture is the basis of the Christian life. Creedal statements are important but so also tried and tested traditions as ways of filtering out nonsense. Most of the divisions in the church are on secondary matters that are not important to salvation or our understanding of who God is. Diversity of interpretations on these secondary and less clear matters is a healthy sign of honest discussion, different priorities and contexts.

But on creation we can all agree that "We believe in One God Father Almighty Creator of all things , seen and unseen"

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Christians commonly say the word of God is true and it never changes. This is true.

Yes

But then they espouse their particular doctrines which collide with those of others.

True

How can we know whether our particular interpretations are true without falling back on the idiotic statement: "God said it, I believe it, that settles it".

I propose a couple of solutions. First and most importantly Christians should submit to God, humble ourselves before God and His revelation to us in Scripture especially when reading Scripture. Second we should pray for guidance and illumination from the Holy Spirit to lead us into the truth. Third, and this is important, we should always take into account the presuppositions of our system of beliefs when approaching the Scriptures. We should be willing to allow God to correct us where we need correction. This is no easy process and trust me when I say I am preaching to myself. We should also attempt to understand others, and learn from the rich history of those before us, as I've heard it, sit on the shoulders of the giants of the faith, and learn from them, while still realizing that their words and writings should never be placed on the same level as the Scriptures that they are based on. So there is a hierarchy to the whole process of interpretation and we have the advantage of not being alone in our interpretation today.

Certainly the Nicene Creed and the Trinity are true. There is no dispute with that.

No doubt in my mind.

Reactions: NobleMouse
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What if your "truth" is different from my "truth", does this make God fallible? Or is one of us wrong, if so how do you know which? Many people on this forum spend many hours doing exactly as you describe above, but come to different "truths"!

Warm regards, GBTG

I can give you background on what I believe generally ~
which is foremost, IMO, most people did not learn HOW TO learn.

That may sound odd, but
for example;
parents teach learning by saying a word,(lamp) showing the thing,(lamp), saying light, turning the lamp on (light appears), and the child has been introduced to something, lamp/light.
for example;
schools teach learning by similarly to parents, also by formulas, also by saying to memorize, by guessing, by books that are all introductions to a subject, and by declaring what they believe is true is a fact.
for example;
newspapers, filled with opinions, half facts, unproven accusations, are also introductions to a topic.
for example;
Journals, of science, medical fields, laws, bylaw, rules, etc. are also introductions of opinions, true facts, false facts, and are regularly superseded, changed, omitted, repealed, overcome with something else.

Point being, being introduced to something, is no more complete knowledge, than you believing you know someone because you were introduced to them.

Now to the matter of The WORD of God.
However a man is "introduced" to the Word of God, is by many methods. Parents tell their child, (or not), Some schools tell children, Churches introduce, children and adults, a person buys his own Bible and reads, a person listens to tv preachers, etc.

Introductions are simply the BEGINNING, to learning ABOUT something. And again, every individual decides to what EXTENT, meaning, some are quite satisfied with simply being introduced and others, of their own initiative crave, seek, and go after what is beyond the introduction.

Like in any school book, that use to (unsure of todays school books), identifed up front in the first page that it is a book that introduces the subject. After any introduction there is an expectation to learn something about the subject.

You can introduce me to another person, and give me your heads-up about what you know of the person....however, your heads-up being true or not, has no one iota in deciding what I learn about the person. Meaning, I do not preconceive, my relationship must be as your relationship with that person.

Which is the difference, in learning how to learn, or simply adopting an others beliefs.

Concerning Scripture; I do not know what all people believe, or how they study, or IF they study, learn the Word of God or not.

However what I do know, is Scripture is a BOOK that provides an introduction to KNOWLEDGE, and "some" common understanding that ANY man can comprehend.

The KNOWLEDGE so introduced, is ABOUT God Himself, and His numerous creations and things He has made. Some of the common understanding is ABOUT particular men's trials and hardships and fears and growing in wisdom and some not. And further ABOUT Gods reactions to men who TRUST to BELIEVE IN HIM, and those who do not.

I believed in God, (actually never remember not believing), but however, I decided to READ His WORD and had already decided, to TRUST TO BELIEVE every bit of Scripture is TRUE. I don't know if others do that or not. But that, is MY TRUTHS, I can admit to you, as I have others.

I firmly believe, to UNDERSTAND the Spiritual Scriptures, that deal with mysteries, God, what He means, IS ONLY GIVEN A MAN, BY GOD HIMSELF.

Thus when men tell me FLAT OUT, they have come to their "understanding" of scripture, simply by reading knowledge in Scripture, by what they have been told, by philosophers, by some mans book, by logical conclusions, by what makes sense to them, by so-n-so's interpretation, by their mind......
I take VERY LITTLE consideration in TRUSTING how or what they have concluded, is "their understanding".

Satan himself can know every word of Scripture, thus know the knowledge thereof ~ so what?
He can NOT understand it ~ BECAUSE ~ God has NOT given him the understanding of the knowledge.

God IS SPIRIT, and so also is His understanding. A man WHO, has a quickened spirit (ie born again spirit), is a man WHO, has been prepared to receive Gods Spiritual Understanding of Scripture.

However being prepared, is not receiving. It is simply being prepared, that one CAN RECEIVE.

So, HOW DOES ONE RECEIVE SOMETHING FROM GOD?

THAT IS SIMPLE ~ they ASK!

ASK what? ~ for something they have been PREPARED to receive, or what? ask for something they have NOT been PREPARED to receive?

Meaning for example;
Spiritually;

Non-believers ask all the time for understanding, when they have not been PREPARED TO RECEIVE.
Naturally;
Children ask all the time for understanding, when they have not been PREPARED TO RECEIVE.

And the oddity is; many men have been PREPARED to RECEIVE Gods Spiritual Understanding....BUT WHAT? Keep speaking their minds logical understanding? So it is, as I have found is quite common, and admitted as so.

So for example ~ millions claim Peter is the ROCK. Well, if millions claim that, I could simply jump on board and claim the same. But I don't. Scripture does not reveal such knowledge, and that for example was KNOWLEDGE in Scripture that I intently studied, in preparation, to ASK GOD for His understanding.
I trust what He has revealed to me. Just as I trust other things I have intently studied, prepared myself to ASK HIM for His understanding of what I wanted to understand according to Gods Spiritual Understanding.

My common truths, have nothing to do with you. They are simply things I know in my heart, are true, that have no bearing on scripture. What foods I like, how I manage my business, what time of day I shower, or the likes.

However Spiritual truths, are supposed to be a common belief among those who claim to have been converted. Meaning they believe ALL of Scripture it TRUE. (I don't find that to be so across the board of professed believers).

And Spiritual understanding, is supposed to be a common belief among those who claim to have been converted. Meaning they ONLY ask God for His Understanding of Scripture. (I don't find that to be so across the board of professed believers).

I don't profess to have all of Gods understanding, however if something in Scripture sparks my interest,
I do know how to prepare myself, to then ask God for His understanding.

Neither do I profess that everyone has the same interests, or reads, or studies the same Scriptures and seeks God for His understanding.

However occasionally I do come in contact with others WHOM, we have both studied the same Scriptures, asked God for His understanding, and thereafter can fellowship in harmony and edify one another, in Gods TRUTH and His Understanding.

Or is one of us wrong, if so how do you know which?

Only you know HOW you arrive at your TRUTHS.
While this post may seem long, it is simply a brief, but can give you some indication of HOW I arrive at my TRUTHS.

Right? Wrong? More to the fact of DIFFERENT.
The only TRUTH that simply IS, IS JESUS, the WORD of GOD.

It is man who has to DECIDE HOW TO, "arrive" at the TRUTH. And again, that requires learning HOW TO learn. IF a man wants to have spiritual fellowship with the carnally LIKE-MINDED, they should first know, the CARNAL MIND is an enmity AGAINST God! And thus should know they are not about to engage in a spiritual fellowship.

Many people on this forum spend many hours doing exactly as you describe above, but come to different "truths"!

Sorry, but there are FEW here who have claimed,
THEY READ< THEY STUDY<THEY SEEK GODS UNDERSTANDING OF SCRIPTURES.

It would be great IF THEY DID, instead of spending their time making FALSE testimonies FOR others, then lambasting the other, for their own false testimony.

The Word of God is the SUPREME TRUTH.
Any man who IS converted has the SPIRIT of the SUPREME TRUTH IN HIM.
However not every converted man has prepared himself, that the TRUTH comes out of his own mouth.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

GBTG

Nov 2, 2017
Luverne
✟14,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@SBC

No offense brother, but I think you make a lot of presumptions about what people do and don't do...

We all fall short, save One! How can any of us claim SUPREME truth?! Last time I checked I am so very far away from all knowing that I can scarcely consider myself a "white belt" in God's word, much less any other discipline.

Blessings, GBTG

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
@SBC

No offense brother, but I think you make a lot of presumptions about what people do and don't do...

No offense taken.

I said; I can give you background on what I believe generally ~
But you can disagree with me on what I generally believe from my own observations and experiences.

We all fall short, save One!

I know. Yet, there is Christ, wanting us to be in His Likeness, and providing a Way.

How can any of us claim SUPREME truth?!

Actually what I said was;
The Word of God is the SUPREME TRUTH.

Some of us believe the word of God, is Jesus, was told in visions, was told to men's ears, was written, was copied, was destroyed, was re-written from memory and is told to men via His Spirit to a mans quickened spirit, and is repeated out of the mouths of men to other people.

Last time I checked I am so very far away from all knowing

I recently also posted, for myself, neither am I all knowing.
Yet, I believe there are many things God wants us to know, thus the point of being prepared, to ask and receive what He knows, via Spiritual communication.

that I can scarcely consider myself a "white belt" in God's word, much less any other discipline.

We are all different. Meaning there is a PATH, and few walk on that PATH, but not all are at the same distance on the PATH.

The distance is determined BY going beyond an introduction to His Word, hearing, reading, keep reading, keep hearing, keep learning more and more. Why?

Because ~
it has to do with Eating Jesus' Body - gobbling up His Truths.
it also has to do with Drinking Jesus' Blood - so too a man willing to give his own life (his own blood voluntarily) (which the life of man is his blood)

It was a physical act, with Spiritual meaning.
Men continue the physical act (ie communion), in remembrance of Jesus...
Yet it is still with Spiritual meaning. It prepares a man to RECEIVE knowledge of His will, in all wisdom and spiritual understanding. His will, is that a men increase in knowledge and understanding, according to God. (not by men ciphering logically in their MINDS, but rather by HIS Spirit to their quickened spirit)

(And BTW, drinking out of the cup, has two Spiritual meanings.
1) is being voluntarily able to drink, during ones life on earth, as Jesus did, for sin remission.
....also, prepares one for baptism of the HS.
2) is the same cup, from which shall be poured out on the world, as wrath, when He returns.)

Matt 26
[26] And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
[27] And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
[28] For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Matt 20
[22] But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.

IOW, this IS a big deal. Not a flippant decision, but rather a life-long commitment.

2 Pet 1
[10] Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

Col 1
[9] For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
[10] That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;

IMO ~
traditions, repetitions, routine, concerning Spiritual things have often become ordinary without understanding of the great significance.

IOW ~ for example people traditionally participate in communion ~ for remembrance of Jesus.
But what exactly are they remembering? That He is the SUPREME TRUTH, and given them a WAY to know what He knows? Or are they remembering He gave them a WAY to avoid Hell?

Just sayin ~ people fall short on the big picture, when they have an awesome opportunity before them.

A research on numerous polls taken about peoples view of the Bible gives a rather dreary view.
Owning a Bible is steadily in high review. Reading, Believing, ranks rather quite low.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are objective rules for studying a book. Go back review them.
Check your current interpretation with the writings of church fathers by well know orthodox systematic theologians of today. Put it on the back burner and let it brew for a while.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There are objective rules for studying a book. Go back review them.
Check your current interpretation with the writings of church fathers by well know orthodox systematic theologians of today. Put it on the back burner and let it brew for a while.

Scripture IS simply a written Book
OF KNOWLEDGE.

It was God WHO First WROTE in Tablets of STONE, and God who dictated to Moses, to continue WRITING.

So ALL the Writing WE HAVE, are Written BY Men, For Men.

The WRITINGS, have been though the years,
Written, hidden, safeguarded, copied, stolen, destroyed, burned, rewritten from memory, copied into other languages, distributed, read by men to other men, read by men themselves.

The PURPOSE? For all the World to have Access....TO HAVE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT GOD.

FOR ALL THE WORLD TO HAVE
UNDERSTANDING ABOUT GOD? NO.

FOR ALL THE WORLD TO HAVE
KNOWLEDGE ABOUT GOD....YES.

A MAN, who understands something, CAN easily CHOOSE to BELIEVE what he understands.

A MAN, WITHOUT understanding something, CAN easily be in doubt, skeptical, unsure to Believe it.

God REQUIRES a man to choose to BELIEVE in HIM, simply by learning ABOUT HIM,
WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING.

God REQUIRES a man to choose to BELIEVE in HIM, choose to submit their life to Him, choose to Love Him, BASED ON KNOWLEDGE OF HIM.

Men through the YEARS, scour the WRITINGS, mindfully THINK, read and reread, THINK, THINK, cipher, weigh options, guess, THINK of what makes SENSE to their MINDS, THINK what seems LOGICAL, AND?

THEN THEY DETERMINE, THEY SPEAK, THEY WRITE, what THEY have DETERMINED, what the Written KNOWLEDGE means.

THEIR "determinations" so spoken and written Become distributed and heard by other men, read by other men....AND?

We have A WHOLE LOT of books and teaching distributed around the WORLD, of numerous MEN'S, philosophies and teaching of
The UNDERSTANDING of the WORD of God.
Simply called philosophies and Interpretations.

And numerous men around the World, picking and choosing OTHER MEN"S determininations of WHAT IS THE UNDERSTANDING of Gods Word.

WHY? Because NATRUAL MEN, without doubt have a HARD TIME Believing something they can not SEE and DO NOT UNDERSTAND.

NATURAL MEN WANT, Understanding BEFORE,
They are WILLING to COMMIT to the Lord.

BIG PROBLEM!!!

THAT is absolutely the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of God WAY.

So HOW IS A MAN ever supposed TO GAIN
Understanding of the Knowledge IN Scripture? If not from OTHER men, IF not from being able to READ it?

The ANSWER IS:
FROM GOD HIMSELF.

A man WHO submits to the Lord, by the man having chosen to submit to the Lord, simply by Learning Knowledge of the Lord, and choosing to BELIEVE the KNOWLEDGE IS TRUE. The Lord converts and transforms the man to receiving an ALIVE SPIRITUAL spirit, by which VIA the mans alive spirit and the Lord Spirit, communication between the two spirits...mans spirit and Gods Spirit...
God Himself, gives the man HIS UNDERSTANDING of the KNOWLEDGE OF HIS WORD.

IOW ~ Gods Understanding is given to individual men, Spiritually BY GOD, After, they have Believed, without Understanding.

So WHY do men continue to SEEK philosophies and understandings of other men, they do not know?

WHEN the Lord's Spirit IS WITHIN THEM?
Waiting for the man to hear and read His OWN Word and SEEK HIM, ASK HIM, for HIS OWN Understanding of His OWN WORD.

Why do men acknowledge the UMPTEEN different interpretations of Gods Word....
BY MEN....and scramble around trying to decide WHICH MANS interpretations, they Like, makes Sense to their minds, they Agree with?

WHEN ~ what they LIKE, what makes LOGICAL SENSE to their MIND, what they decide to AGREE WITH....has absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with Gods Understanding of His Own Word.

A mans MIND is Against God.
A mans MINDFUL Understanding is but foolishness to God.

Scripture WARNS a man to NOT FALL INTO following philosophies of Men.

God Alone will give a man HIS Understanding,
AFTER the man has submitted to Him, and SEEKS HIS Understanding.

A man WILL FIND WHAT HE SEEKS.
A man WHO submits to God, and continues to SEEK another mans philosophies, THAT is what the man shall find.

A man WHO submit to God, and SEEKS Gods Understanding , THAT is what the mans shall find.

God Bless,
Happy New Year,
SBC

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

There is quite a lot of debate IF Allowed. "can anybody explain the trinity" is a common question" and those who attempt to do so when challenged by those who can answer such questions fall to a solid foundation of "mystery" (smile) To be sure there is one god and one lord and one spirit in a attempt to tie that together especially with a Jesus who always was has error in part. And from what I read in the NT the Spirit of God is not shown to be a separate distinct person from the "Father". Father=> In the last days I will pour out "My Spirit" Jesus=>The Spirit of the sovereign Lord is upon me...Yet on the cross He stated,"Father into your hands I commit my spirit" Jesus the Son has His own spirit because the plain meaning of what is written about Him is true."The firstborn of all creation" "when God brings the firstborn into the world He commands all His angels to bow to Him" Why would there be a need to be given authority to a god who always was. And the Ones Jesus taught was the FATHER IN HIM. In like manner Jesus in us.

The Spirit Jesus sent into the world He received from the Father. His God and our God.

Jesus to the Father=>
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, AND Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

The how Jesus is All that the Father is was stated in this "The Fullness was pleased to dwell in Him. Jesus's spirit is not that fullness. The Fathers Spirit without limit is that fullness. Jesus has always been the Son but with the fullness received from another He is the exact image of the wisdom and power of God. God in that context but not God in the context of Son. Jesus received from the Father therefore could state " I am what I am by the grace of God" The Father would state "I am what I am" Jesus stated " He remained in the Fathers love because He always does what pleases the "Father". The Father would state "I will do all that I am pleased to do" It was the Father who made Jesus both Lord and Christ and set Jesus above all others except the Father Himself.

The Holy Sprit guides us into All truth. Jesus uses truth. The Father is His God and our God. Jesus is our Lord.

What one can do is seek the Lord for understanding and take a carful consideration with our own eyes of the scriptures. Nt blindly follow doctrines. We follow the living Christ in whom we live.
There are no true living, on earth, Apostles of the lord to make final calls nor prophets. The NT is a completed testimony and ends with the final outcome of all some to the New Jerusalem others to the Lack of fire.

• Agree
Reactions: GBTG
Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There is quite a lot of debate IF Allowed. "can anybody explain the trinity" is a common question" and those who attempt to do so when challenged by those who can answer such questions fall to a solid foundation of "mystery" (smile) To be sure there is one god and one lord and one spirit in a attempt to tie that together especially with a Jesus who always was has error in part. And from what I read in the NT the Spirit of God is not shown to be a separate distinct person from the "Father". Father=> In the last days I will pour out "My Spirit" Jesus=>The Spirit of the sovereign Lord is upon me...Yet on the cross He stated,"Father into your hands I commit my spirit" Jesus the Son has His own spirit because the plain meaning of what is written about Him is true."The firstborn of all creation" "when God brings the firstborn into the world He commands all His angels to bow to Him" Why would there be a need to be given authority to a god who always was. And the Ones Jesus taught was the FATHER IN HIM. In like manner Jesus in us.

The Spirit Jesus sent into the world He received from the Father. His God and our God.

Jesus to the Father=>
Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, AND Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

Jesus said, "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

The how Jesus is All that the Father is was stated in this "The Fullness was pleased to dwell in Him. Jesus's spirit is not that fullness. The Fathers Spirit without limit is that fullness. Jesus has always been the Son but with the fullness received from another He is the exact image of the wisdom and power of God. God in that context but not God in the context of Son. Jesus received from the Father therefore could state " I am what I am by the grace of God" The Father would state "I am what I am" Jesus stated " He remained in the Fathers love because He always does what pleases the "Father". The Father would state "I will do all that I am pleased to do" It was the Father who made Jesus both Lord and Christ and set Jesus above all others except the Father Himself.

The Holy Sprit guides us into All truth. Jesus uses truth. The Father is His God and our God. Jesus is our Lord.

What one can do is seek the Lord for understanding and take a carful consideration with our own eyes of the scriptures. Nt blindly follow doctrines. We follow the living Christ in whom we live.
There are no true living, on earth, Apostles of the lord to make final calls nor prophets. The NT is a completed testimony and ends with the final outcome of all some to the New Jerusalem others to the Lack of fire.

Randy -
Happy New Year!

From the beginning of mankind, God has been a mystery to mankind.

A God who makes something in His image and likeness.

And centuries later....we find a man who has fallen away from being in His image and likeness, being reconciled, back to being WHOLLY WHOLE.

1 Thes 5:23

Whole body
Whole soul
Whole spirit

Do you think the revealing of a Whole man, a reconciled man, perhaps may be, a clue to the Whole of God?

Rev 4:8

Holy, holy, holy,
Lord God Almighty

Tri- Three
Unity - One

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Randy -
Happy New Year!

From the beginning of mankind, God has been a mystery to mankind.

A God who makes something in His image and likeness.

And centuries later....we find a man who has fallen away from being in His image and likeness, being reconciled, back to being WHOLLY WHOLE.

1 Thes 5:23

Whole body
Whole soul
Whole spirit

Do you think the revealing of a Whole man, a reconciled man, perhaps may be, a clue to the Whole of God?

Rev 4:8

Holy, holy, holy,
Lord God Almighty

Tri- Three
Unity - One

God Bless,
SBC
No _ I think the Father or the God of Israel as Jesus taught is the one true and only God and as God stated He put His Spirit(HS) on His Chosen one in whom He delights and His chosen one would proclaim Justice to the nations. So HS is the Spirit of God (Father) The miracles Jesus and the Apostles performed were by the Spirit of God at the bidding of Jesus (given authority the Father) and at the bidding of the Apostles (given authority by Jesus). The oneness Jesus spoke of was the Father in Him and He in us.
One God the Father and One lord Jesus Christ

The Spirit of God knows the will of the mind of the Spirit Jesus as our spirit knows are will or mind. The Spirit doesn't act independent of the will of our minds. But is part of our beings. I am not over my spirit as thats me. Likewise the Father is not over His Spirit as its His being. Jesus wills and the Spirit of God acts because he has been given all authority and all that belongs to the Father belongs to Him. (given)
The Spirit acts at the will of the Father for its His Spirit. (not given)

The Son who was (his spirit) was in the tent of the body God prepared for Him. And the Father was still in Him.

The Spirit bares witness as those who listen and learn from the "Father" go to the Son and Jesus will raise them up on the last day. AS is written they shall be taught by God.

The Fathers promise- in the last days I will pour out "My Spirit"
According to acts 2 the Spirit Jesus sent He received from the Father. However that Spirit was sent in Jesus's name and therefore in us represents the presence of Christ Jesus. Even though its still the one and same Spirit of God. That is why Jesus stated both He and His Father would make their home with a believer.

Upvote 0

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Can human interpretations of the word of God be in error? "

Absolutely they can. (and often are)
Yes many people today perceive the word of God in their own way that are not always right but generally do not mean to be offensive. Misinterpretation is common until we fully understand the word.

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Hello Jesus316.

It comes down to where you put the emphasis in the scripture. The Bible is an immense book that can generate a thousand interpretations. The verse or the chapter you choose to emphasize as the fundamental truth, will define your church movement.

For a Seventh Day Adventist it is one commandment in the ten commandments of Exodus.

For a Jehovah Witness it is the name of God in the scripture, 'Jehovah'.

For a Christadelphian it is the idea that Jesus was just a man, 'the man Christ Jesus'.

E.t.c, e.t.c, e.t.c.

Upvote 0