Can Christians watch anime with some ecchi?

axydavid

Weird
Aug 6, 2012
City 17
✟9,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My friend who also loves anime is obsessed with this new one which basically involves a harem of revealing female characters, and he wants me to buy a figure for his birthday T.T I'm not buying light inappropriate content for him.
He's one of the issues that made anime so dull these days, harem goes down on my list of top hated tags, after ecchi 'cause that's the absolute worst.
It's almost as bad as watching Miley Cyrus.

Upvote 0

Kenitay

Feb 13, 2015
✟7,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey, at least they wouldn't accidentally put them with kid's stuff. I've heard of that happening thanks to the ignorance of some librarians :doh: They put ecchi manga in with more child-friendly comics, assuming that they are one and the same (and the skimpy outfits on the covers don't give it away).

I actually did check the site myself just now (Archonia.com), out of curiosity, and the ecchi/lewd figurines are mixed with the kids figurines, such as Mario, Card Captor Sakura and all sorts of other stuff... I wish I was kidding. Even with the 'non-adult' filter on.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He's one of the issues that made anime so dull these days, harem goes down on my list of top hated tags, after ecchi 'cause that's the absolute worst.
It's almost as bad as watching Miley Cyrus.

Lol, so Miley Cyrus is slightly worse than harem animes? ^_^

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I actually did check the site myself just now (Archonia.com), out of curiosity, and the ecchi/lewd figurines are mixed with the kids figurines, such as Mario, Card Captor Sakura and all sorts of other stuff... I wish I was kidding. Even with the 'non-adult' filter on.

What are you even supposed to do with a small version of a sexy fictional character? I mean, not even some of the most sexually out-there otakus would..."use" it. And it's too small to..."enjoy". So there's no point unless it's a collector's item. But why would you collect figurines of unrealistically sexy women?

Upvote 0

Kenitay

Feb 13, 2015
✟7,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd think that some would simply enjoy the sight of it, I don't know, maybe like people enjoying inappropriate content magazines back in the day? Something that's aesthetically pleasing to the eye to them. I have never bought a figurine (obviously), ever, so I wouldn't know. Not even the kids-friendly ones, although I got two cute little figures along for free with a CLAMP magazine, which was cute! MOKONA!

There are those that just are so massively obsessed, wanting to spend away entire salaries on these inanimate things, I've heard of the stories. Something I just fail to even begin to comprehend.

I realize I just got myself a new topic for a blog post...

Last edited:
Upvote 0