Can Christian lie for a "good cause"?

k450ofu3k-gh-5ipe

Apr 3, 2008
✟10,458.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what about when your spouse asks something that you know will bite you hard ie out on your butt for telling the truth?

You should tell your spouse the truth unless they are a serial killer looking for a victim which you are hiding, you have a surprise gift for them and are keeping it a secret, you are a secret government spy and you can't tell them your classified job information, it's April fools day and you're playing a practical joke on them, or (only applies to men) if they ask you if this dress makes their butt look big.

All men should know the answer to that last question ;).

Upvote 0
A

Amber the Duskbringer

Well in my case its a good idea to lie, not that I need to I love the way she looks regardless but she suffered through bulemia for the longest. I have to fight her to eat if she thinks she looks fat or something. But I just thought id throw that question out there cause I thought this thread was gettin too serious ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

phonix

Feb 26, 2011
✟15,134.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I located this thread through google because I was looking for a situation that similar to a hypothetical one that I have been contemplating.

Let's say that I want to buy my friends a TV media player but I can't just buy it for them for no reason because they will feel bad.....

If I bought two (one for myself and one for them) I could say "I bought one but the supplier accidentally sent me two". Then they wouldn't know I bought it for them and they wouldn't feel bad.

Do you all think a lie like that would be ok???

Upvote 0