• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

can a .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikoel

Warrior for Christ
Dec 16, 2004
Nebraska
Visit site
✟941.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I am glad that they (the medical community) are finally recognizing this as an honest problem! It's not something that can be easily stopped, as I have battled with it for years! I've had lots of prayer time and lots of psychological time spent on my problem...

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nikoel,
I here ya! i too have binge eating disorder. We just KNOW there is something terribly wrong!! We have just as much of a problem as an anorexic or bulimic, probably more so because we just keep gaining and gaining weight and have major obese health problems to top it off. Mine started in highschool as anorexia/bulimia...i did awhile of starving and awhile of purging..and i hated both so i just kept bingeing and bingeing without puking. And its been going on now for 20 yrs. I am sick to death of it. I am sick of looking at myself. I am sick of trying every diet know to man. But if i dont try and diet once in a while i will just keep getting bigger. Atleast getting 10 pounds off with each diet keeps me a little lower weight for a few extra months in between all the bingeing. I was 301 at my top weight. I fluctuate alot between my diets. Right now i am around 260. Last year i had gotten down to 220 on atkins but then got pregnant. Its just so frustrating. I dont even like looking at myself. I hate buying clotehs in the "big girl" store. Then the people in the family who say "well just eat less" or "just exercise"...blah..they dont get it at all. If i could i would. But i keep turning to God and he helps me and if he didnt i would be 500 by now. Lets encourage each other!! We need each other!
karen

Upvote 0
A

aimeemarie

I don't know if this would work for anyone suffering from binge eating...but this is what I did that eventually led me to recovery from anorexia and bulimia. I ate 6 small meals a day. This way, I was practically always eating. I got to eat 6 times a day. It helped me to have a schedule of 6 different meals and to know that I got to eat again in 2 hours. 8 am, 10 am, 12 pm, 3 pm, 6 pm, 9 pm is when I ate and sometimes I wasn't hungry at 9 so that meal got skipped a lot. If you want to know more...let me know.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.