Can a judge that makes a Donation to the Democratic party give a Trump supporter a fair trial?

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,124,572.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You're talking about thirty-five bucks.

Compared to two of three Trump appointees on the Supreme Court who are protecting the dangerous indicted defendant who appointed them.

Tell me which justices are more prejudiced--the donor of small change or the ones who think orchestrating a Capitol coup is official business?

Upvote 0

perplexed

Jun 22, 2005
✟103,489.00
Faith
Seeker
You're talking about thirty-five bucks.
I am only talking about the small donation of $35 because it seems many people seem to consider that a clear indicator that a judge will find Trump guilty even though he in clearly innocent, I would like to know if they also think the same Judge would also treat ANY trump supporter unfairly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,124,572.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It's a sad situation, but 40+% of Americsns believe 2 impeachments, 3 civil judgments with fines of half a billion (I'm including Trump U), and 4 criminal indictments with 91 charges are unfair and politically motivated.
Should they start showing up in court we should send Lloyd's of London over to auction off the Brooklyn Bridge, because they will believe anything.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I am only talking about the small donation of $35 because it seems many people seem to consider that a clear indicator that a judge will find Trump guilty even though he in clearly innocent, I would like to know if they also think the same Judge would also treat ANY trump supporter unfairly.
This is a jury trial.
Any “mistakes” will be dealt with on appeal.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟612,869.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The jury decides guilt or innocence. Judge Merchan just presides. He seems fair so far. If Trump is convicted and thinks the judge is at fault he can appeal.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,116,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My guess is many people on this forum assume that a judge that makes a donation to the democratic party could not give a Trump supporter a fair trial , but I would like some confirmation
I have to believe that the majority of judges are moral men and women who have a conscience and therefore will fairly preside over all trials regardless of political officialations.
If this isn't true then our judicial system has never worked from the founding of this nation.

Upvote 0