✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Camels-national-geographic-6901734-1280-1024.jpg

FYI, the dark images are not camels.

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,896.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The sheer pleasure of drone photography. I bought one a year ago - shared the cost with son and son-in-law. The different perspective it gives you on the world is astonishing. Plus it is a bucket of fun to fly.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The sheer pleasure of drone photography. I bought one a year ago - shared the cost with son and son-in-law. The different perspective it gives you on the world is astonishing. Plus it is a bucket of fun to fly.
I might want to make that investment soon. It is not all that expensive. But how long has that been a thing? The photo that I posted is from 2,005. That might be pre-drone. It was of course not pre-airplane.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
FYI, the dark images are not camels.
Please don't tell me this is what Antarctica is going to be like in ten years if we don't switch to LED light bulbs and start bicycling to work!

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,896.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I might want to make that investment soon. It is not all that expensive. But how long has that been a thing? The photo that I posted is from 2,005. That might be pre-drone. It was of course not pre-airplane.

The FAA issued the first permit in 2006. And then issued 2 or 3 a year for the next few years. So 2005? I guess it's unlikely to be a drone from back then - maybe the guy had a chopper flight. I bought a Mavic Air 2 which is just entering pro territory. Just over $2k which included 3 batteries so you can get close to 90 minutes fly time. Astonishing what it can do. The range is an incredible 18kms - although flying it out of sight is not allowed if you want to follow the rules. And that's the only fly in the ointment - you are restricted as to where you can fly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The FAA issued the first permit in 2006. And then issued 2 or 3 a year for the next few years. So 2005? I guess it's unlikely to be a drone from back then - maybe the guy had a chopper flight. I bought a Mavic Air 2 which is just entering pro territory. Just over $2k which included 3 batteries so you can get close to 90 minutes fly time. Astonishing what it can do. The range is an incredible 18kms - although flying it out of sight is not allowed if you want to follow the rules. And that's the only fly in the ointment - you are restricted as to where you can fly.
Those rules came about because a small minority abused their drones and used it to spy on others, at least there were plenty of stories in the US.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why and how?
For one thing, it looks like you can superimpose most of them over each other.

For another, they all look like their standing on fish, or puddles of water, or something.

There's even a "fish" superimposed over one of the camels -- (the one at the bottom, fifth one in from the left).

Looks photoshopped to me.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
For one thing, it looks like you can superimpose most of them over each other.

For another, they all look like their standing on fish, or puddles of water, or something.

There's even a "fish" superimposed over one of the camels -- (the one at the bottom, fifth one in from the left).

Looks photoshopped to me.
That is because the dark parts are not camels. Blow it up and look at it more closely.

Upvote 0