Jan 12, 2006
Seattle
Visit site
✟192.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Flipped through it in a Christian bookstore. The gist I got was that too many Calvinists are "unloving" with the message. Don't really buy the arguement. It encourages a watered down presentation of the GOG (Gospel of Grace). Don't buy it, Instead pick up Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God by J. I. Packer.

Nse

Upvote 0

Cajun Huguenot

Cajun's for Christ
Aug 18, 2004
Cajun Country
Visit site
✟4,779.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Nse007 said:
Flipped through it in a Christian bookstore. The gist I got was that too many Calvinists are "unloving" with the message. Don't really buy the arguement. It encourages a watered down presentation of the GOG (Gospel of Grace). Don't buy it, Instead pick up Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God by J. I. Packer.

Nse

I don't know about Calvinism in Las Vegas Airport, But I agree with Nse on Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God by J. I. Packer. It is a great work. I can't recommend it too highly.

In Christ,
Kenith

Upvote 0

CalvinWasRight

Jan 19, 2006
Alabama ... WAR EAGLE!
✟114.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
theFijian said:
I just bought Calvinism in Las Vegas Airport on the strength of what was on the dust jacket, the title caught my eye too, but the Amazon reviewers give it a mixed response. Can anyone here who has read it share their thoughts on it?

cheers

May I recommend What Is a True Calvinist? by Philip Graham Ryken. It's a another good read!

Upvote 0