Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
rnmomof7 said:
That makes US his family .

reading that scripture we see his mother and brothers trying to take him away from His ministry ..... obviously not his will

Precisely.
(John 17:22-23 KJV) And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: 23) I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
In Christ, we, he, and the Father, are glorified. There is no superlative glory to Mary. She is no different than we, the bride of Christ. The glory is all God's: Soli Deo Gloria.

Upvote 0

Jon_

Senior Veteran
Jan 30, 2005
California
✟18,616.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Jon_ said:
In Christ, we, he, and the Father, are glorified. There is no superlative glory to Mary. She is no different than we, the bride of Christ. The glory is all God's: Soli Deo Gloria.
(Luke 11:27-28 KJV) And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. 28) But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

Upvote 0

rnmomof7

Legend
Feb 9, 2002
Western NY
✟78,744.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Jon_ said:
(Luke 11:27-28 KJV) And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. 28) But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

This scripture places Mary in proper perspective.

Upvote 0

ClementofRome

Spelunking the most ancient caves of Xianity
May 27, 2004
✟5,769.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Jon_ said:

WOW....that seems to settle the deal! Thank you for bringing this text to mind.

Upvote 0

Imblessed

Reformed Baptist with a Quaker heritage
Aug 8, 2004
Ohio
✟10,256.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Jon_ said:

I think that pretty well settles it! ;)

If you read the bible without any pre-concieved notions about Mary, you would assume from plain reading that she had children, and that Jesus had brothers and sisters--but since it doesn't come right out and SAY one way or the other....I cannot understand those people who build doctrine around it one way or the other. It COULD be that those "brothers" and "sisters" were from Joseph and a previous marriage of his. He COULD have been a widow with children. Scripture just doesn't say....

In the end, what does it matter?

It's not the perpetual virginity of Mary dotrine that bothers me though, it's the sinlessness of Mary doctrine that REALLY bothers me! Now that is worth warning against!

Upvote 0

Elderone

Mar 31, 2004
SW PA
✟11,217.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Imblessed said:
I think that pretty well settles it! ;)

In the end, what does it matter?

We must remember there is ALWAYS a method to the madness of the Church of Rome.

Imblessed said:
It's not the perpetual virginity of Mary dotrine that bothers me though, it's the sinlessness of Mary doctrine that REALLY bothers me! Now that is worth warning against!

...........and that she is being promoted as co-redreemer.

Upvote 0