Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Wow, that was an excellent video from Rod Saunders of Jew & Greek. That's what we need is more Christian apologetics teaching, especially on Word of Faith beliefs. Simon hit the nail on the head with some of his views on Calvinism. I was more then a little stunned by John Piper's comments about how he would go into their three boys bedroom every night while they were asleep and lay hands on each of them and pray, and yet, knowing... that God may NOT have chosen his sons to be the ELECT (which, according to Calvinists, God did NOT love them.)

Wow, he even said that often he is moved to tears of joy and longing for them... and that he thinks he would give up his life for their salvation if they were to be lost, and... that he would not rail (criticize severely) against Almighty God... for He is the potter with the absolute rights over us... being the clay.

What gets me is that... yes, many of us have said things years, and years ago that wasn't quite right and have since repented, (changed our minds), but yet some of these same critics still bring up what was said then in their articles and even their books they write today. It is my belief that they will be held accountable for their deception and lies while spreading this false information about Word of Faith.

As Simon put it... what their doing is a juvenile, indefensible approach to Christian apologetics with their cherry picking untruthful comments.

I think that ABlessedMan earlier in this forum had a thread several years ago called, "Word of Faith-- What Are We Teaching?" We may need to review back and ask that ourselves in what we do actually believe and teach today. Just a thought.

Harry

308586_ff8ab49451ea8ac19264d2598c86b7b8.gif
Wow, that was an excellent video from Rod Saunders of Jew & Greek.
John12:39 And so they could not believe, because Isaiah also said,

40 “He has blinded their eyes
and hardened their heart,
so that they might not look with their eyes,
and understand with their heart and turn—
and I would heal them.”

In view of the above, is the word of God as stated in Romans 10:17 through which faith comes, given to all?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Let God alone answer through us
Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
First of all I didn't use the word "success". It's just that the word success is a buzz term used by many in talking about only low level type of things as in financial material well doing. I said VICTORY which the more you KNOW God and are in fellowship with him one's spirit is brought more into the full measure of liberty.
Would hhodgson like to elaborate on the above?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Of course I think we all agree you could have a Word of Faith individual say something not totally accurate with scripture but generally speaking all the basic Word of Faith teaching changed my life for the better.

I agree people who make light of Word of Faith will be held accountable and I've often thought even for such brethren who will still make heaven their home I think what a sad thing to have on one's consciousness for eternity that they actually were a hindrance to the Kingdom of God and not a blessing. I think a sad thing to hear Jesus say Yes you'll make heaven your home but because of your actions this person and that one continued to live in defeat. They believed your nonsense that what I said wasn't true. That would be so very sad to hear.

To teach the God's Word it it's full measure is what Word of Faith is about.
All the promises in God's Word are for the believer, and they are Yes and Amen.
Like all movements or denomations there are the outrageous.
To me Calvinest doctrine is very bitter toward Charismatic's/ Word of Faith.
They deny our Salvation, and they deny the fullness of Schripture.
How they presume to be the voice of Christianity is beyond me.
I believe in the whole Bible, I do not concoct silly reasons to deny the power of the Holy Spirit.
You never hear one of our Critics mention God is Love ,and we are to love one another.
God Bless

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Check it out on you tube every one, Simon has been busy.
We are brethern and it takes a lot of effort to do this ministry .
Show your support by subscribing to Jew and Greek.
Simon certainly has blessed us here with his post.
It is about building somthing that has meaning ,and teaching the truth in a fair and balanced way.
Simon is part of our Fourm like other Minister's,and authors we need to stand in support of all Here.
DIDS is writing Books, and Pastor Troy is spreading the truth about abortion and God's love.
We are the Word of Faith Movement .

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
To teach the God's Word it it's full measure is what Word of Faith is about.
Like all movements or denomations there are the outrageous.
To me Calvinest doctrine is very bitter toward Charismatic's/ Word of Faith.
They deny our Salvation, and they deny the fullness of Schripture.
How they presume to be the voice of Christianity is beyond me.
I believe in the whole Bible, I do not concoct silly reasons to deny the power of the Holy Spirit.
You never hear one of our Critics mention God is Love ,and we are to love one another.
God Bless
I believe the Word of Faith movement speaks the whole counsel of God.

It's true the Spirit exercises faith through us to make us confess faith in His promises according to 1 Corinthians 12:3(b).

Does God's word talk only about promises? Does it say God is sovereign to appoint some to eternal life and those do indeed believe according to Acts 13:48 ("as many as had been destined for eternal life became believers")? Do we need to take this into account as well?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I believe the Word of Faith movement speaks the whole counsel of God.

It's true the Spirit exercises faith through us to make us confess faith in His promises according to 1 Corinthians 12:3(b).

Does God's word talk only about promises? Does it say God is sovereign to appoint some to eternal life and those do indeed believe according to Acts 13:48 ("as many as had been destined for eternal life became believers")? Do we need to take this into account as well?
I do not have time to dilly dolly around a jaunt of tit for tat Right Now.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Its about defending the Gospel more than a belief system.
Beth Moore had been accused and Simon did a great job explaining the circumstances.

Its about defending the Gospel more than a belief system.
So how is the following explained?

and I would heal them.”

In view of the above, is the word of God as stated in Romans 10:17 through which faith comes, given to all?

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,776.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Type in Jew and Greek
I've just checked out his home page youtube channel. Many informative videos. I'd like to take time to go through many of them. I think there's a fine balance of not getting too much in the weeds with Word of Faith critics for the reason they tend to get at times extremely ridiculous in some things they say but it's good to see various things are addressed which genuinely should be answered.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I've just checked out his home page youtube channel. Many informative videos. I'd like to take time to go through many of them. I think there's a fine balance of not getting too much in the weeds with Word of Faith critics for the reason they tend to get at times extremely ridiculous in some things they say but it's good to see various things are addressed which genuinely should be answered.
should be answered

Good that you like to see questions with faith.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

and I would heal them.”

Ephesians 2:8, Paul says, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:” It’s God’s grace that saves us, but not His grace alone. If that were so, then everyone would be saved because God’s grace has come to ALL MEN (Titus 2:11).

ALL MEN = Whosoever

Word of Faith.gif

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Ephesians 2:8, Paul says, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:” It’s God’s grace that saves us, but not His grace alone. If that were so, then everyone would be saved because God’s grace has come to ALL MEN (Titus 2:11).

ALL MEN = Whosoever

In light of John 12:39,40 can ALL MEN exercise faith?

• Prayers
Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

Simon the Tanner

Aspiring Apologist / Theoretical Theologian
Mar 18, 2015
Dallas, Texas USA
✟40,334.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
That’s your opinion but I heard very little Calvinistic doctrine and I know Calvinism and do not believe it.

So, I would have spotted it.

Just because people who ARE Calvinists appeared in the movie, does NOT prove that Calvinistic doctrine was heavily portrayed.

Why don’t you give EXACT examples and the minute in the movie it happens.

I'll give you some examples. First, Steve Lawson addresses the T of TULIP when he talks about Total Depravity or Total Inability to respond to God in faith without God sovereignly extending to him the capacity to do so when he said "What can a dead man do?". Second, Phil Johnson discusses the Westminster Confession of Faith (Calvinist) and its reference to God sovereignly decreeing everything that comes to pass. Third, Sean Demars refers to himself as a sheep, which is Calvinist for "I'm saved", which is a reference to Unconditional Election because the sheep are the elect and the goats are the non-elect predestined for flames. Fourth, Costi Hinn is shown grabbing a volume of the Calvinist John MacArthur's commentaries.
But apart from those examples, 23 of the ministers interviewed in the film are Calvinists. The director is a Calvinist. There doesn't need to be a lot of Calvinist theology discussed to make it propaganda. The Nazi film "The Eternal Jew" didn't discuss a lot of Nazi philosophy, Hitler and the Third Reich. Instead it just told the people of Germany how terrible the Jews were. Could anybody deny that it was Nazi propaganda?

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I'll give you some examples. First, Steve Lawson addresses the T of TULIP when he talks about Total Depravity or Total Inability to respond to God in faith without God sovereignly extending to him the capacity to do so when he said "What can a dead man do?". Second, Phil Johnson discusses the Westminster Confession of Faith (Calvinist) and its reference to God sovereignly decreeing everything that comes to pass. Third, Sean Demars refers to himself as a sheep, which is Calvinist for "I'm saved", which is a reference to Unconditional Election because the sheep are the elect and the goats are the non-elect predestined for flames. Fourth, Costi Hinn is shown grabbing a volume of the Calvinist John MacArthur's commentaries.
But apart from those examples, 23 of the ministers interviewed in the film are Calvinists. The director is a Calvinist. There doesn't need to be a lot of Calvinist theology discussed to make it propaganda. The Nazi film "The Eternal Jew" didn't discuss a lot of Nazi philosophy, Hitler and the Third Reich. Instead it just told the people of Germany how terrible the Jews were. Could anybody deny that it was Nazi propaganda?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Simon the Tanner

Aspiring Apologist / Theoretical Theologian
Mar 18, 2015
Dallas, Texas USA
✟40,334.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm not here to debate Calvinism. I was just addressing the fact that the film was Calvinist propaganda. If you want to sniff tulips knock yourself out.

Upvote 0

Si_monfaith

Feb 27, 2016
Australia
✟25,925.00
Country
India
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I'm not here to debate Calvinism. I was just addressing the fact that the film was Calvinist propaganda. If you want to sniff tulips knock yourself out.

Who asked you to? Was John 12: 39,40 mentioned by Jesus or anyone else?

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Who asked you to? Was John 12: 39,40 mentioned by Jesus or anyone else?

Why don't you just simply reply to the statement?
You have clogged our entire Fourm, with ambiguous questions .
If you have a opinion then let's hear it.
I know by asking Questions you are getting by with Fourm rules.
What you have done in this Fourm is deceitful and will be taken up with staff.
I believe you need to state your purpose here.
Do you consider this charade of good Christian Character?
If you have a disability I ask forgiveness, if your motives are to cause discord, then leave.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A movie has been put out that, names Word of Faith as a false Gospel
It portrays clips of some that are not even Word of Faith.
It has sound bites of Kenneth Copeland saying money come to me!
It is not a fair portrayal of the true Word of Faith doctrine as taught mainly by Kenneth E Hagin , and the Rhema training centers.
The movie is called the American Gospel.
It was created by a young man who grew up in a Benny Hinn House Hold.
Yes there is a mistake here.
We have Among us a great Teacher who specializes in Apolgetics.
Here is his reply, hit like and share if you want to help.

The easy way to respond is provide links to the primary sources the young man uses.
This would let others see for themselves what those he quotes really said.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A movie has been put out that, names Word of Faith as a false Gospel
It portrays clips of some that are not even Word of Faith.
It has sound bites of Kenneth Copeland saying money come to me!
It is not a fair portrayal of the true Word of Faith doctrine as taught mainly by Kenneth E Hagin , and the Rhema training centers.
The movie is called the American Gospel.
It was created by a young man who grew up in a Benny Hinn House Hold.
Yes there is a mistake here.
We have Among us a great Teacher who specializes in Apolgetics.
Here is his reply, hit like and share if you want to help.

American Gospel video refuted - Norton Safe Search

Upvote 0