Greene county IN. U.S.A,
✟15,906.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I left here awhile back because I was heart broken and sickened by how much "new age" has invaded Christ church. I am lumping all Protestant churches into Christ Church as it is they that can trace their histories back to the roots of the church, even though they splintered from one denomination to the other.

First I call to repentance all those who claim that Christ dissolved the law. You need to study scripture in the Spirit and with prayer, every word, line upon line , precept upon precept, in order to grasp what the meaning of Christ's coming.

He "The Christ Jesus " was born on the feast of Tabernacles. I praise the Lord God for the Jewish section here, as I was shown the significance of the Levitical feast and laws, and how they do apply to the church. They serve to foretell future events, and how they fit into our lives. Jesus was Crucified during the Passover, and was raised from the dead on the last day of Passover. I tell you this so you can see the Levitical laws all fit into Jesus' coming, death burial and resurrection, thus the reason he said :

Matthew 5:17 New King James Version (NKJV)

Christ Fulfills the Law
17 “Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.

He fulfilled the law, he was the final sacrifice, as he was the perfect sacrifice. This is why the sacrifices of animals ended, it was fulfilled. Many will say "but, what about the Priest and beards, and dietary laws" These where meant to set the Jews apart, preparing them for Jesus coming, to keep them pure, to protect the lineage of David, these to have now been fulfilled.Now we come into laws of morality:

They can be listed as this:

Do Not Deny God
Do Not Blaspheme God
Do Not Murder
Do Not Engage in Incestuous, Adulterous or Homosexual Relationships.
Do Not Steal
Do Not Eat of a Live Animal
Establish Functioning Courts of Law

There is one big law for the church:

Romans 12:2New King James Version (NKJV)

2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

This where I will focus.

1 Peter 2:9New King James Version (NKJV)

9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;

When you receive your free gift of Salvation, you automatically become adopted into Gods family:

Ephesians 1:4-5 New King James Version (NKJV)

4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, 5 having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will,

Ephesians 3:15New King James Version (NKJV)

15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

John 8:34-36

Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. "The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. "So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.

Romans 8:15

For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!"

1 John 3:1-2

See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

How should we act, if we are the sons and daughters of the King of Kings, Lord of Lords?

Philippians 2:15

so that you will prove yourselves to be blameless and innocent, children of God above reproach in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you appear as lights in the world,

Galatians 4:7-9
Therefore you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God. However at that time, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those which by nature are no gods. But now that you have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how is it that you turn back again to the weak and worthless elemental things, to which you desire to be enslaved all over again?

Romans 8:14

For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God

Ephesians 5:8

for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light

1 Thessalonians 5:5

for you are all sons of light and sons of day We are not of night nor of darkness;

Matthew 12:48-50

But Jesus answered the one who was telling Him and said, "Who is My mother and who are My brothers?" And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, "Behold My mother and My brothers! "For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother."

2 Corinthians 6:14-18New King James Version (NKJV)

14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you[a] are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people.”
17 Therefore

“Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you.”[c]
18 “I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the Lord Almighty.”[d]
Ephesians 5:1New King James Version (NKJV)

5 Therefore be imitators of God as dear children.

How you act, what you do, how you talk, what you say, what you wear, how you adorn your body, all, represents, wht truly is in your heart.

Matthew 15:18 English Standard Version (ESV)

18 But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person.

Luke 6:45New King James Version (NKJV)

45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart[a] brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks.

Proverbs 4:23New King James Version (NKJV)

23 Keep your heart with all diligence,
For out of it spring the issues of life.

We all know these things innately, "birds of a feather flock together" "you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas"

You imitate those you truly admire and love, you pursue what is truly your passion, so how you look, dress, and adorn your body tells the world what you really think, and believe. Do not follow the idiocy of the world "do not judge them on how they dress or looks, they are really a good person" sorry, that is illogical. On a plane who are you going to suspect is a terrorist, the dude in the suit reading the Wall Street journal, or the muslim reading the Koran, with a towel on his head ? Its 3 am, your doorbell rings, out front is a man who is asking for help because his car is broken down, he has lots of tattoos, maybe his pants are sagging at his waist, etc., are you going to feel safe to open the door ? What if it was a clean cut young man, no tatts, pants pulled up, shirt tucked in ? Now the world will argue "well the clean cut guy could be the serial killer, and the guy in tatts could be a christian" ok, whatever, but how are you going to know at 3 am, we are not God, we have to make judgements, and quickly, all we have to go on is the outside packaging, and we must represent Christ to a world, who, regardless of their lines, have to make judgements on appearance, speech, and actions. You will get pulled over by the police if your cruising a middle class neighborhood, if your all tattooed up, sagging pants, and hoodies. Not if your clean, no tatts, pants pulled up, shirt tucked in, and speak clear understandable language.

Successful businesses have a dress code, military, police, government, why ? God to has a dress code, and a code of conduct, start representing........

JoshuaDaryl

Soldier of the Lord
Apr 27, 2014
Greene county IN. U.S.A,
✟15,906.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I spend a lot of time debating with folks about how to live a good clean christian life, and get alot of this:

We are under Grace, not the law, or "are you trying to work your way to heaven", and, you are to literal on scripture interpretation.

Folks , I am no goody two shoes stick in the mud better than you Holier than thou. I have spent 20 years of my Christian life, making every concievable mistake. constantly sinning. I have back slidden, commited adultery before I was married, listened to the wrong music, fought, broke the law, drank, cussed, and even cursed God. I know we are under Grace, Praise God, Bless Jesus, oother wise I would have a stamped one way ticket to hell.

But what Gods Grace has done, is quite similar to the 40 year journey of the Israelites in the wilderness, the Prodigal son. He let me go, he let me fall, but he was always there to pick me back up.I learned. I learned all those pleasures come with a cost, many I am still paying for. I learned you can not serve two masters.

Matthew 6:24 New King James Version (NKJV)

24 “No one can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other.

Many interpret this to be talking entirely about money, this is an incomplete interpretation. God is talking about ANYTHING THAT COMPETES with your attention for him. He must be first.

Why do I tell people its wrong to get a tattoo if your saved....
why should a woman cover her head...
why are fancy clothes wrong...
why is it really wrong to drink....
why should we live separate from the world....
why is tv wrong....
why is worldly music wrong......

Everyone is correct, none of these will send you to hell, I have never said they would, otherwise I would be going. But all these things have a connection with your love and devotion to God. Tv , and worldly music for example. We of this digital age should have a better understanding than any of our ancestors about what happens when you fill your hard drive with misc. junk should we not. Our brains are really just a big ole hard drive, and when we fill it full of junk, it has to make space, I know now that I am about 40 years old, there are many pieces of info, I just can not recall. I find it quite depressing that I can recite a hard rock song by heart, but have to use the church hymnal to sing a worship song to God. A womans head covering is a quite reminder of Gods authority, and the levels of authority he instituted here on earth. The first system he established was the family. A husband and father submitting to God, a mother and wife submitting to her God, then her husband, do more to teach our children how to behave in this world than any amount of preaching. Tattoos, excessive piercings on girls, piercings on boys show a complete disrespect for authority, show joyous rebellion, and complete surrender to the flesh. We are to dress according to the gender norms of our culture. Boys are to dress and behave as boys, girls as girls. In our culture boys have short hair and no piercings, girls have long hair, and modest piercings. By the way, those Catholic inspired so called paintings of Jesus with long hair and Blue eyes, false. Jesus had brown eyes, and typical Jewish length hair and square beard. How do I know ? Common sense, he was allowed to teach in the temple, and was called rabbi, do a little historical digging, you will find I am correct.

We are ambassadors for Christ, children of God, let us try not to smear his name more than it has already......

1 Thessalonians 5:12-22New King James Version (NKJV)

Various Exhortations
12 And we urge you, brethren, to recognize those who labor among you, and are over you in the Lord and admonish you, 13 and to esteem them very highly in love for their work’s sake. Be at peace among yourselves.

14 Now we exhort you, brethren, warn those who are unruly, comfort the fainthearted, uphold the weak, be patient with all. 15 See that no one renders evil for evil to anyone, but always pursue what is good both for yourselves and for all.

16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

19 Do not quench the Spirit. 20 Do not despise prophecies. 21 Test all things; hold fast what is good. 22 Abstain from every form of evil.

Upvote 0

JoshuaDaryl

Soldier of the Lord
Apr 27, 2014
Greene county IN. U.S.A,
✟15,906.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Christians are called to live a separated life.

2 Corinthians 6:17 Complete Jewish Bible (CJB)

17 Therefore Adonai says,

“‘Go out from their midst;
separate yourselves;
don’t even touch what is unclean.[a]
Then I myself will receive you.

We are not to be like the world, but in most churches, you can not tell the christians from the world.
They dress similar, woman do not cover their heads, and the men pursue their careers, and obsess about the ball game. I have been in churches, where they cut the services short, so they would not miss the game. There are women pastors, woman teaching men, and speaking out. The children now have their special childrens church, instead of sitting with their parents learning how to behave. The woman now adorn themselves so, that it would make Jezabel blush. The men now act like second rate citizens, bow down to the woman, and the pastors are careful to be politically correct, we do not want to offend no one, it may affect the offering, then I can not get my 6 figure salary.

I have a righteous anger, I am indignant, how dare you church of the new millenium make a mockery of my God, and his church. He did not ask your opinion, he does not care what you think, he does not care that woman think it is wrong that they are asked to be quite in church, nor does he care that a woman thinks she has as much right to lead as the man, and he has the right to determine the rules, he is GOD. Now he did not make men dictators, we are to serve him, we are to lead, as ambassadors for him, and the way we lead, will be judged by GOD.People need to repent, die to themselves, put God first, do what he says. Forget your opinions, forget mine, READ THE BIBLE, in its entirety, as a whole, it all fits together, and it will make better sense......

Upvote 0
D

Devorim

JoshuaDaryl, I read with interest your first post in this thread, and I am sorry you were disappointed enough to need a break. I agree with some of what you wrote -- but "that Christ dissolved the law." He dissolved none of it -- not one dot or tittle, but He DID the Law and taught us to do the same.

(You might be interested to find what the words often translated as "line upon line, precept upon precept," actually mean. And I do not write this in derision! I make many mistakes, too -- it's part of being human, part of learning Scripture beyond the obvious meaning.)

To write, however, that Messiah ended the sacrificial Law goes back on what you originally wrote here -- that He did not dissolve the Law. Further, this would make some of what the "minor prophets" said, found at the end of most non-Hebrew "old testaments," false. That "he was the final sacrifice, as he was the perfect sacrifice. This is why the sacrifices of animals ended, it was fulfilled" just is incorrect, if these "minor" prophets are correct. "These where meant to set the Jews apart" is only partially true, because the Scriptures say, repeatedly, that the Law is for the Jews AND for those who join with them in believing in the One True G-d. Further, to divide the Law into various parts such as you seem to, as "laws of morality" is a modern invention. No where, in the Scriptures, are they divided; rather, repeatedly, they are called "one law."

Skipping on, "How you act, what you do, how you talk, what you say, what you wear, how you adorn your body, all, represents, wht truly is in your heart." From here, you seem to confuse your personal tastes in fashion with biblical truth. Along that line, I would not expect my granddaughters to dress as I do; however, my one granddaughter who is big enough gladly accepts much of my clothing that I decide is "too young" and sometimes, too small.

Now, I do not personally believe in tattooing myself, and I believe my thoughts are based upon Scripture, but to judge someone for their tattoos and baggy pants? Isn't that going way too far? Since when are we to biblically judge others by these things? The Bible does not say this.

I got my first solid lesson in this when my 26-year-old grandson was 3. He walked right up to the roughest-looking character I'd seen in a long while and said, "Don't smoke! You're gonna DIE!" Scared me to death, but he responded gently, "I know, son. I need to quit."

People need grace to grow. We cannot turn them all into sudden 60-year-olds with the maturity of 60-year-olds or with the approaching senility of 60-year-olds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0