Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lockyer, a Democrat, said the complaint states that under federal and state common law the automakers have created a public nuisance by producing "millions of vehicles that collectively emit massive quantities of carbon dioxide."

I doubt the lawsuit will get any further than making more of an awareness that something needs to be done about California smog.

Upvote 0

Petunia

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 9, 2004
✟211,267.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This one is right up there with overweight people suing McDonalds...

Pfft!

Oh geesh! I haven't gotten over THAT one yet! That was hilarious! People blaming McDonalds for THEIR making the choice to EAT that JUNK! LOL!^_^

Reactions: EbonNelumbo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Smog comes from population density being to high. It's measured in parts per million which is a relationship based on volume. Some smart people in LA need to sue the city for writing to many building permits for the limited cubic volume of air over the city. It seems to me the measurments taken resulted in no action to reduce them.

Upvote 0

justanobserver

Still Wondering...
Oct 26, 2005
✟17,559.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,563.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I already ride a mountain bike to work (3 mile round trip). been doin it for 5 yrs after I got out of the Army. And I live an hour east of San Fransisco.
I used to ride a bike tell I moved.
Got a family, needed a better house (sorta hard to rase a family where we were living.

Now I've got a 75+ mile commute, and I'll admit, it's be hard for me to ride a bike that far.

And public transit won't work for me, as I've go to make stops at customer sites on the way into work, and after 8 hours at work itself, the last train has already left.

Upvote 0