• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

California National Guard put fighter jet on alert in March 2020 for 'possible domestic mission'

Discussion in 'Current News & Events (Articles Required)' started by civilwarbuff, Apr 24, 2021.

1. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+18,324
    Christian
    Married
    OH! OH! I KNOW, I KNOW!!:idea1:
    tulc(hopes civilwarbuff calls on him to answer that question!)

2. civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,498
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Hey, that's outta my playbook.....

3. Davy

Davy Well-Known Member Supporter

+784
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    I'm not into potus politics. The President can call out the military in a case of national emergency, but the governor of a state has authority over the state's national guard.

4. Shrewd Manager

Shrewd Manager Through him, in all things, more than conquerors. Supporter

+3,085
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    I'm guessing it's newspeak for strafing?

Ppl should be glad they meekly submitted to those executive orders, saved their miserable skins from a dose of friendly fire.

5. civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,498
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Actually it is just flying low to the ground at a high speed. The engine noise and the air turbulence it creates makes people want to hug the ground. Think of getting on and off a helicopter with the blades moving at high speed. Even though the blades are several feet above your head (with no chance of hitting you) the noise and turbulence makes you duck.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Silverback

Silverback Well-Known Member

+702
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    In my opinion, it's plausible, calling on the Air National Guard for a "Buzzing" mission would be the same as calling up the Army National Guard for riot control duties...it's not the active duty military. I would doubt there was ever consideration of bombing protesters.

In my opinion the Federal Government was way to lenient in leaving last summers civil unrest in the hands of the State Governors. After 72 hours I would have activated the State Guard for federal service, rolled into the cities, and restored order...period.

7. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,760
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    They literally do that at air shows, even with F15s.

They're loud but there are far fewer safety restrictions in the U.S. about altitude and flying over crowds at air shows.

8. Silverback

Silverback Well-Known Member

+702
    United States
    Lutheran
    Married
    Probably not the best Idea, but a plausible one. Rioting went on for what...90 days? President Trump should have activated the Guard for federal service after 72 hours, and restored order. Peaceful protesters don't destroy property, throw rocks at police, and assault people.

9. tulc

tulc loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!

+18,324
    Christian
    Married
    Every year in Chicago we have an "Air and Water Show" and it Blue Angels and such involved in it, I live about a block from Lake Shore Drive so for several days out of the year I'm "buzzed" by jets flying over my head. For. Several. Days. And, yeah, I do know what being "buzzed by a jet" looks and sounds like. :sigh:
    tulc( :sigh: )

10. High Fidelity

High Fidelity Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,760
    United Kingdom
    Baptist
    Private
    It's awesome fun!