California Man arrested with explosives may have been targeting Gov. Newsom, Facebook, Twitter

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟831,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
A suspected far-right extremist and radicalized supporter of former President Trump facing federal explosives charges may have been targeting California Gov. Gavin Newsom and the San Francisco Bay Area headquarters of social media giants Twitter and Facebook, according to the FBI.

Federal prosecutors charged Ian Benjamin Rogers, 43, of Napa County, with possessing five homemade pipe bombs that investigators found when they searched his home and auto repair business Jan. 15. They also confiscated additional bomb-making material along with ... 49 guns and 15,000 rounds of ammunition. Wofford said many of those guns are probably illegal in California, including a “very high power machine gun.”

According to an FBI affidavit, Rogers made multiple threats in text messages to attack Democratic targets and ensure that Trump stayed in office.

Rogers also stated in a text that he was “not going down without a fight,” according to the federal criminal complaint.

Rogers had a sticker on the bumper of his car with an insignia associated with the Three Percenters.

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
(Edit: false, there are plenty articles)

Yet you can google and everything and not find one article now on the church bombed and set on fire in California for speaking out against homosexuality. Not America on either side of violence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟831,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yet you can google and everything and not find one article now on the church bombed and set on fire in California for speaking out against homosexuality. Not America on either side of violence.
Bearing false witness? Google search revealed tons of articles.

B02F5323-A6C7-47B6-8F40-EED1FB62C5F2.png

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,524.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
You know what, I probably read your thread. Thank you. Very informative.

It is sad this is all going on...people looking for someone to blame on both sides when it is just evil. In the end, God will have the final say. Until then, praying and forgiveness should be our initiative as believers.
after making an obviously false statement you fall back on the good ol' both sides nonsense huh. classy.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know what, I probably read your thread. Thank you. Very informative.

It is sad this is all going on...people looking for someone to blame on both sides when it is just evil. In the end, God will have the final say. Until then, praying and forgiveness should be our initiative as believers.
In the political threads on this forum it’s all about blaming Trump and his supporters for America’s problems and belittling Christians. Really makes me wonder what type of people we are dealing with.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,524.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
In the political threads on this forum it’s all about blaming Trump and his supporters for America’s problems and belittling Christians. Really makes me wonder what type of people we are dealing with.
oh i guess in your opinion that then makes it okay for nutjobs like this to kill innocents huh.
i remember a poster on this forum (one of the usuals right wing crowd though i forget which one it is these days) was alright with a girls being raped and killed because she wasn't christian.
keeping good company there i guess.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
oh i guess in your opinion that then makes it okay for nutjobs like this to kill innocents huh.
i remember a poster on this forum (one of the usuals right wing crowd though i forget which one it is these days) was alright with a girls being raped and killed because she wasn't christian.
keeping good company there i guess.
Typical straw man argument and anti-Christian rhetoric which continues to be expected here. Truly sad!

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I should have said duck duck go. Im used to saying googled. That makes me feel a bit better. I wasnt coming up with anything.
That doesn’t make sense. See Duck Duck Go below. Is it possible that you didn’t do a search at all but someone in the media that you trust told you that it didn’t come up on a google search?
E1901474-C1D3-4916-920A-9E097D787F2F.png

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
after making an obviously false statement you fall back on the good ol' both sides nonsense huh. classy.

I apologize for the mistake. I duck'd what he gave and articles did come up. But I stand by what I said in that both are wrong. I got mad, because I must have typed in the wrong thing or something though. I wouldnt have even brought it up otherwise...

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That doesn’t make sense. See Duck Duck Go below. Is it possible that you didn’t do a search at all but someone in the media that you trust told you that it didn’t come up on a google search?
View attachment 294178

I don't know what happened. I did something wrong and obviously wasnt paying attention. I apologize.

• Friendly
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟831,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
A suspected far-right extremist and radicalized supporter of former President Trump facing federal explosives charges may have been targeting California Gov. Gavin Newsom ... according to the FBI.

According to an FBI affidavit, Rogers made multiple threats in text messages to attack Democratic targets and ensure that Trump stayed in office.

Two Northern California men in federal court were charged with conspiring to attack the Democratic headquarters in Sacramento, the U.S. Department of Justice Northern District of California said on Thursday.

Ian Benjamin Rogers, 45, of Napa, and Jarrod Copeland, 37, of Vallejo, began plotting an attack on targets they associated with Democrats after the 2020 Presidential election and attempted to gain support from an anti-government militia group, the DOJ said.

Rogers has been in custody since his arrest on January 15. On that day, law enforcement officials searched his home and business and found a cache of weapons including 45 to 50 firearms, thousands of rounds of ammunition, and five pipe bombs, officials said. Video from earlier this year shows the Bay Area business where police say Rogers was stashing guns and explosives.

According to the DOJ, last November, Rogers allegedly used an encrypted messaging app to tell Copeland that he would use Molotov cocktails and gasoline to attack Democratic targets, including the Governor’s Mansion and the Democratic Headquarters Building in Sacramento.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,524.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Two Northern California men in federal court were charged with conspiring to attack the Democratic headquarters in Sacramento, the U.S. Department of Justice Northern District of California said on Thursday.

Ian Benjamin Rogers, 45, of Napa, and Jarrod Copeland, 37, of Vallejo, began plotting an attack on targets they associated with Democrats after the 2020 Presidential election and attempted to gain support from an anti-government militia group, the DOJ said.

Rogers has been in custody since his arrest on January 15. On that day, law enforcement officials searched his home and business and found a cache of weapons including 45 to 50 firearms, thousands of rounds of ammunition, and five pipe bombs, officials said. Video from earlier this year shows the Bay Area business where police say Rogers was stashing guns and explosives.

According to the DOJ, last November, Rogers allegedly used an encrypted messaging app to tell Copeland that he would use Molotov cocktails and gasoline to attack Democratic targets, including the Governor’s Mansion and the Democratic Headquarters Building in Sacramento.
i think it's getting to the point where the only way these degenerates will ever learn is if we institute a mandatory hanging for their crimes.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟144,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
i think it's getting to the point where the only way these degenerates will ever learn is if we institute a mandatory hanging for their crimes.
I’d like to find out why people become radicalized.

This is more akin to a “public (mental) health” problem than a political problem.

Upvote 0

mala

fluffy lion
Dec 5, 2002
✟261,524.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
I’d like to find out why people become radicalized.

This is more akin to a “public (mental) health” problem than a political problem.
the why is frankly been well recorded in my opinion.
these people basically live and breathe right wing sources of information.
either they were exposed to it as children and were taught never to question it or it is their only source of news (see what is happening with local tv stations being bought up by entities like sinclair).
they want so badly to play soldier and start an insurrection, they're also usually the type that believes in the nonsense of capital punishment. fine give them the full experience. capture them. try them in a military court and then hang them.

Upvote 0