C’est Ma’am! Gynaecologist Accused of Transphobia for Not Examining Male Patient

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The case comes after French feminists and lesbians have also been accused of “transphobia” for standing up for women’s rights.

A French gynaecologist has come under fire from groups who claim to tackle homophobia after refusing to examine a male-to-female transgender person claiming that he only knew how to take care of women and had no experience treating men.

The alleged ‘anti-hate’ group SOS Homophobie called attention to doctor Victor Acharian, a gynaecologist in the city of Pau, and specifically to an exchange of words on the doctor’s Google review page.

“I have no competence to deal with men, even if they have shaved their beards and come to tell my secretary that they have become women,” Dr Acharian wrote after receiving a negative review from the transgender person involved, the newspaper Le Figaro reports.

On X, the social media platform formally known as Twitter, SOS Homophobie wrote, “We denounce the transphobic and discriminatory remarks of gynaecologist Victor Acharian in Pau. Transphobia is a reality with serious consequences, particularly in access to health. It affects the entire territory.”

The broadcaster Sud Ouest reports that several associations denounced the doctor and some raised the prospect of filing formal complaints against him. Dr Acharian, meanwhile, claimed that his secretary had been assaulted following the denouncement by SOS Homophobie, which took place last week.

The broadcaster reported on Wednesday, September 13th, that Dr Acharian had made a brief apology for his Google review message, which has since been deleted, saying, “I apologized and regretted offending the sensibilities of some people.”

GBNA Santé group, the group that owns the clinic where Dr Acharian has his practice, claimed they had no direct input on his medical decisions saying, “All patients deserve to be cared for with tolerance and kindness. The physician used unfortunate words to explain, in a clumsy and hurtful manner, that he was not competent to treat the person.”

The case comes after French feminists and lesbians have also been accused of “transphobia” in recent years for standing up for women’s rights and women-only spaces.

Continued below.

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Look, buster: you wanna wander around in your little make-believe world pretending you're a woman, that's up to you, but don't waste my time with it, all right? I have real female patients to treat, so don't expect me to take part in your delusions. Most people grow out of that behavior by the time they reach age seven or so. :mad:

Upvote 0