South Louisiana
✟21,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've heard this poison preached by all sorts of people, including pastors and teachers alike.

The issue isn't that your only human but looking for an excuse to willfully sin. Many look to justify their sins by claiming to not be perfect... Lets face it, were not. However when we know what it means to "daily pick up your cross and FOLLOW Him" then we can begin our journey of giving into sin.

Temptation isn't the sin but a means to give into its desires.

Reactions: Sam91

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I've heard this poison preached by all sorts of people, including pastors and teachers alike.

The issue isn't that your only human but looking for an excuse to willfully sin. Many look to justify their sins by claiming to not be perfect... Lets face it, were not. However when we know what it means to "daily pick up your cross and FOLLOW Him" then we can begin our journey of giving into sin.

It is cringe-worthy, especially because I know people who are actually crucifying their flesh every single day trying to deny their particular "handicap sin," while other indulge in their sin (behind the scenes or out in the open,) and then appeal to the very thing that caused you to sin (humanity) as an excuse. It isn't fair to the person(s) that die to themselves every day like Christ told us.

Sanctification is still real, and God still demands perfection - especially from the teachers and leaders.

Upvote 0

Grateful-Nikki

Mar 4, 2016
Montréal Québec Canada
✟8,063.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
Does it need to be fair? If they can pass this off with real repentence then im not one to judge. :) I like the story of the hired help matthew 20. It can take a lot of time for some to know what real repentence is, but they know when they get to it, because at that moment it feels like God never needs to forgive me. It becomes the true light into seeing how graced we truly are. It becomes everlasting love. For when we truly repent, our heart breaks because of our sin. And it does not need to be this huge sexual sin either.

to each his own cross. Its hard not being frustrated with our hard walk and others freedom. But in Jesus i am sooo much more free then i have ever been. And that means that for me, the people who are not with Jesus have the biggest cross to carry, they just don't know it.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

Yes, there seem to be a group of people out there who have resigned themselves to sin. The object, it would seem to me, is to escape the clutches of sin. Sin only leads to trouble.

Upvote 0

Not me

Righteousness is right and not me.
Feb 26, 2018
California
✟263,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I think you are spot on. (I think you have a typo though you mean to say “then we can begin our journey into “not” giving into sin” at least I think that’s what you mean. If not ooops)

Yes I have heard that excuse from even Christians themselves. Not realizing that Christ died to get rid of our old humanity.

Yes, to deny self, pick up cross follow Christ, and to know what that means by experience. So that when all is said and done, we will actually have done that.

Much blessing to you in Christ, Not me

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,952.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is certainly a segment of the church who feel entitled to sin, feeling if it is a little sin they can get away with it, be it speeding in the car, software piracy, breaking other laws. Well the fact is every sin must be abandoned as a Christian, even the small ones.

God has not put rules in the bible as Holy Suggestions, but rather as commands for us to follow to the letter. Anyone who tells you otherwise is on a slippery slope, and it grieves and troubles my Spirit when I see it in church people.

Upvote 0