Bush/Blair prepare for a frosty reception....

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 30, 2003
✟1,023.00
Pray4Isrel said:
So was the point of your starting this thread to find a bunch of people to post "Yeah, we hate George W too! The nerve he has to show up in London!" ???

Please. :rolleyes:

You can ask the poster his intent in a nicer way, I'm sure of that.

How can a story like this not be important? If our leader is detested world-wide then I think that should be at least news worthy.

I remember having many a discussion back in the Clinton days about how 'the rest of the world' thought America was becoming 'The Great harlot' because of Clinton's actions. If his 'popularity' was rise for concern back then the current administration's 'popularity' is important now.

I think another important part to this story is that over in Britain, they don't shove their protestors in out-of-sight "Free Speech Zones", unlike in America, land of the free.

Upvote 0

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 30, 2003
✟1,023.00
Havoc said:
Normally they don't, but they are talking about making an exception in this case. You may actually see exclusion zones this time.

I guess America is having an influence on England after all.

*sigh*

Heaven forbid precious George should have to stand up to any criticism.

Upvote 0

PhantomLlama

Prism Ranger
Feb 25, 2003
Birmingham
Visit site
✟9,758.00
Faith
Atheist
The last thing I heard was that some areas will be cordoned off, supposedly to ensure the presidential convoy is not obstructed (given the number of protesters that are likely to turn up they may have a point here, although it is a bit suspect), but the majority of the route will be open to placard-wavers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
Dr. Zoidberg said:
*sigh*

Heaven forbid precious George should have to stand up to any criticism.

Yea, because we know ALL protestors are peaceful and would never DREAM of doing anything violent like what goes on at other protests in Europe and North America. Nothing says "we care" like destroying private property and throwing rocks at innocent people.

Upvote 0

kathaksung

Jan 30, 2002
San Jose, Ca.
Visit site
✟8,266.00
Faith
Atheist
Upvote 0

Nitoah

Nov 1, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
✟7,809.00
Faith
Atheist
Dr. Zoidberg said:
I remember having many a discussion back in the Clinton days about how 'the rest of the world' thought America was becoming 'The Great harlot' because of Clinton's actions. If his 'popularity' was rise for concern back then the current administration's 'popularity' is important now.
Funny thing is, here in Québec, most people I know felt sympathy for Clinton during that whole scandal...Many would shake their head in disbelief at the proportion that it took. I felt sympathy for him because his "mistake" made him more human I guess, more human because hey, I know a loooot of men who would take advantage of their situation to have little affairs. ;)

Upvote 0

coastie

Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!
Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The President didn't order some sort of ticker tape parade. He didn't have the Royal Marine band parade through the streets.

His presidential cavalcade took him point A to point B... nice spin though. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 30, 2003
✟1,023.00
coastie said:
The President didn't order some sort of ticker tape parade. He didn't have the Royal Marine band parade through the streets.

But their were requests to have most of London shut down and to have protestors removed from sight. There were also requests to resolve Bush's SS crew of any fatalities/shootings against protestors.

Upvote 0

alonesoldier

Senior Veteran
Dec 30, 2002
Lawton Oklahoma, Officer Career Course
✟3,405.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
'millions of people will turn up in the streets'

this according to the original OP. The fringe elements always have a way of over stating their case. I want them to eat some crow when the number is under one million. It has to be, their are only between 7 and 8 million people in the entire city. A strong showing of 750,000 showed up to oppose the war back in March. Do you take your crow with or without ketchup?

Upvote 0