✟41,941.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Greetings all,

For those of you interested in Bible reading plans, I give you "Brother Mike's Reading Plan", lovingly hand-crafted from the finest Corinthian pixels.

Features:
  1. The plan is divided into 300 readings, calibrated in word-count for 25 readings per month similar to the "Discipleship Reading Plan". So if you wanted to follow that cadence then do one reading per day for the first 25 days of each month, and use days 26+ as either rest days, catch-up days should you have missed a reading here or there, reading the Apocrypha if that's how you roll, etc. By the end of the year you would have read the entire Bible. From experience this should take 15-25 minutes per reading day.
  2. You read the plan from top-to-bottom, left-to-right. The books are laid out vertically, and each reading number is shaded. Chapters are in unshaded cells. For example, a quick glance at Genesis reveals that there are 14 readings, ending with Genesis chapters 48-50 on the 14th day. The next day would begin Exodus chapters 1-4 for reading 15.
  3. Most books of the Bible begin evenly on a new reading (i.e. no reading will contain the end of one book and start into the beginning of the next). This allows you to pick and choose freely the order of the books you want to read. For example, if you've just finished reading 197 (Jeremiah 51-52) and then want to jump forward to Luke the next day (starting at reading 245), then go for it! As long as you complete one full reading per day it's entirely up to you which order you choose.
  4. Because some books are very short, there are a few readings that fully encompass more than one book. For example, reading 295 near the end fully spans 1-3 John before moving on to Revelation the next day. These multi-book reading days are considered one unit.
  5. Don't want to read the entire Bible in a year? Panic not brother or sister! You can simply use these charts as a reading checklist, or a way to keep track of an occasional reading here or there, ignoring the "one reading per day" pace.
There seems to be no easy way to post a PDF here, so I'll attach the two pages of this plan as PNG files which should be easy enough to print out or squirrel away on your phone as desired.

If you'd prefer the PDF, or if you have any questions, comments, improvements, feel free to message me and I'd be happy to help :)

Brother Mike's Reading Plan - OT.png
Brother Mike's Reading Plan - NT.png

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟63,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This looks intriguing. ;)

I struggle with getting a lot of real studying done in between daily thru-the-year readings and Sunday School studies. I normally get my year through the Bible done a couple months ahead of schedule, which allows for more study time later in the year. I finished through Nahum today (I'm reading straight through) which I reckon puts me a bit over two months ahead of schedule. But I like your idea of having extra days at the end of each month to do other studies.

I've saved the images for next year. Thanks for creating the plan. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Brother-Mike
Upvote 0