catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,156,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was looking for psalms being sung, and encountered Shane and Shane doing some, and some real gems, and so I kept searching for more, until I finally found them doing Psalm 34 with the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir, which is just one of my favorite of all songs now.

But then later when I heard the choir's own version! (and loved it even more). At the moment, I want to hear both, one after the other.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,401,658.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I was looking for psalms being sung, and encountered Shane and Shane doing some, and some real gems, and so I kept searching for more, until I finally found them doing Psalm 34 with the Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir, which is just one of my favorite of all songs now.

But then later when I heard the choir's own version! (and loved it even more). At the moment, I want to hear both, one after the other.

Oh yes! Let us bless the Lord every day and night!:clap:
I was up at 3 in the morning listening and blessing the Lord!

They do a wonderful 23rd Psalm also. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I liked this, the second, rendition of it better. I like the "sow-el" version. I am not too much of a country style listener and I am a country "liver" person. The culture (drinking alchohol and the bar scene and the majority of it being the poor ol' me type like "My Girl Done Left Me" and "My Tears Are in MY Beer" or "I Got Vengence You Two-Timer and Tore Your truck Up" and "Give My Horse Whiskey" and personally, my father was a wife and child beating alchohlic who loved to listen to country) of country music has tainted it for me and all of those "popular" 20 pack a day, dry raspy voiced hit singers. I know there is Tina Turner, Rod Stewart, and others in other genre who are in that group of "popular" dry, raspy voiced singers but it seems country has them all beat. Don't get me wrong, I do have some favorite worship albums by Alan Jackson and Randy Travis.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,156,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh yes! Let us bless the Lord every day and night!:clap:
I was up at 3 in the morning listening and blessing the Lord!
Yeah, this kind of music keeps me up late sometimes too. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, this kind of music keeps me up late sometimes too. :)

Yes, we should all appreciate gifted group singing of true praise to God. I enjoy such music! It is NOT given for local Church services, however, where ALL saints need to be singing praises to God together, rather than for our entertainment. Church Truth is for individual saints together praising God in worship and the testimony for "unity of the faith". One can learn more about that in a study of Church Truth (see some thoughts on that at the site: biblecounsel.net, which clarifies this. Look up always!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,156,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, we should all appreciate gifted group singing of true praise to God. I enjoy such music! It is NOT given for local Church services, however, where ALL saints need to be singing praises to God together, rather than for our entertainment. Church Truth is for individual saints together praising God in worship and the testimony for "unity of the faith". One can learn more about that in a study of Church Truth (see some thoughts on that at the site: biblecounsel.net, which clarifies this. Look up always!

Maybe like me, you grew up in churches where everyone sang, generally, which is pretty clearly good and right to do (and most people do). It's a way to praise the Lord for instance.

I grew up in churches where everyone sang along, but not always: if a person had a cold or a sore throat, or such, they might not. But one could sing along in the heart (inside, without singing out).

It's a temptation to try to make a particular rule though, a doctrine, even just from wanting scriptures to be clear enough for people.

We have to take more care than we'd think about that(!) -- as we learn from listening to our Lord Christ Jesus, the pharisees had developed over time reasonable seeming rules that were not exactly the real intent of God's laws.

They had slipped, a bit at a time perhaps, into a new way to depart from the real intent.

Deuteronomy 4:2 You must not add to or subtract from what I command you, so that you may keep the commandments of the LORD your God that I am giving you.

If the Pharisees had really listened to this instruction in Deuteronomy for instance, they could have wondered about some of their rules, they could have taken this actual rule from God to heart.

That would have helped them to better get the true meaning of scripture, as some that talked with Christ did understand, where some understood that the first and greatest commandment was to love God, before any other commandment, and the 2nd was to love your neighbor.

That's not a simple detailed rule, but it's the essence of the law and the prophets. The true, central essense of God's laws. (how do we know? This is what Christ told us in the gospels)

Appreciating, with humility, the true essence of God's law, then those there at that time might have known they need to show mercy, as a primary thing, and one way to recognize how crucial it was (past rereading the beginning of the book of Isaiah and such) is to think on what is the immediate application of "love your neighbor".

As Christ said to them:

Matthew 9:13 But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

With that more humble and truly listening attitude, they would not have trusted so much their new detailed rules they had developed over time, their doctrines.

And would not have then been in this situation:

Mark 7:8 You have disregarded the commandment of God to keep the tradition of men."

How did they slip up that way?

The Pharisees had reasonably thought they were interpreting, filling out, the law from God of keeping the Sabbath for instance, when they learned and taught new particular rules.

To them, the rules they taught were how to keep the Sabbath.

But God had already said how to keep the Sabbath.

In what they thought were their reasonable rules for keeping the Sabbath, they went past what God actually said.

So, the inevitable (will always happen sooner or later) danger in relying on a particular denomination or website with doctrines, even when some of the doctrines are correct, is that one would be relying essentially on men as the teacher, instead of just truly listening to Christ's words just as they are, in the gospels, and the Word throughout scripture.

Christ said those who are his sheep will listen to Him. He spoke much in the gospels for us to listen to and to hear. He is calling. Who will listen?

Last edited:
Upvote 0